View Poll Results: What platform will you be playing UT2007 on?

Voters
301. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows

228 75.75%
  • Mac

7 2.33%
  • Linux

15 4.98%
  • PlayStation 3

18 5.98%
  • Xbox 360

14 4.65%
  • More than one

19 6.31%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default What platform will you be playing UT2007 on?

Well I'll be using Windows since that's what I have...

Now make your pick...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pixel x101

Already got my £600+ set aside for PS3 and a few games, i.e. Ut2007. I will be buying UT2007 for PC, but that’s mainly so I can play and make custom maps...

Edit: I don’t think 360 will be getting UT2007, that would just be greedy cos they have GearsOFWar...
    Last edited by p2xelgen; 09-02-2006 at 01:06 PM.
    Myblog Find my works here.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm pretty sure I'll get a PS3, but no need to get the same game twice, so for ut2k7 I'll stick to windows

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spazalot

Anything but a PC would be wrong...
    UT2004 Registry Fixer - http://spazspot.googlepages.com/
    Ubuntu 11.04 x64 - http://www.ubuntu.com/
    "No **** you and your non-linux client for UT3 ***." -Icculus

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by p2xelgen
    Edit: I don’t think 360 will be getting UT2007, that would just be greedy cos they have GearsOFWar...
    It's been comfirmed that UT2007 will be available for the Xbox 360.

Personally UT's a PC series and hardly anyone around here seems to be getting it for a console from the looks of things anyway...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation I don't want a console game.

I'd rather the UT series had nothing whatsoever to do with consoles.

PC only.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i would love fighting console players with my computer client... they'd have no chance
    Waves of the same length can also interfere destructively.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackout
    i would love fighting console players with my computer client... they'd have no chance
    The aimbot accusations would be higher than ever :S

Windows, PC, period
    AMD 3800+ X2 | 2 gigs ddr400 | 160 gb & 400 gb HDDs | BFG 7950GT OC 256 mb | 22" Acer Widescreen | BIG WHITE FAN B****|
    xfire: theedeathmaster..........In game name: DEATHMASTER
    HERE'S MA' PROFILE!: http://www.xfire.com/profile/theedeathmaster/

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OzMikeVick

Already got my £600+ set aside for PS3 and a few games, i.e. Ut2007. I will be buying UT2007 for PC, but that’s mainly so I can play and make custom maps...

Dr.Capps once said "they still have plans for the UC franchise".

Windows Vista, ideally. Depends on what it's like.
    Every time someone drives off alone in a hellbender, God kills a puppy. Please, think of all the puppies!!

Redeemer

A computer.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zoso Fan

I am getting it for PC (windows) like probaly 99% of everyone here
    But if it get announced for 360 i will get it as well.

Check this out: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-36...ament-2007/p1/

"We were not supposed to be there, you are not supposed to be reading this here, but we can’t help being in the wrong place at the right time. Why do we keep covering Unreal Tournament 2007, a game that has only been announced for PC and PS3? If we tell you, we’d have to kill you with our own chainsaw—please don’t ask and just trust us" - Team xbox
    www.GEARHEADSOFWAR.com

The way GEARS was meant to be played... with gearheads.

Ward

I'm probably going to get it for both the pc and the PS2, just like I did with the original UT. Those fights against my brother in UT (PS2) still holds a warm spot in my heart

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Selerox
    I'd rather the UT series had nothing whatsoever to do with consoles.

PC only.
    Ya but I'm sure the console version will have its plus points. I think Mark said that on the PS3 version they will be making more Vehicles based maps, as use a vehicle is a simple Affair with the pad and all.

I'll be upgrading just in time for release (whenever that is) so yeah... PC.

The pole speaks for itself.
    Previously Known As: CH405, Razephon
    Currently Playing: Nothing =\

MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation Never Again.

Ya but I'm sure the console version will have its plus points. I think Mark said that on the PS3 version they will be making more Vehicles based maps, as use a vehicle is a simple Affair with the pad and all.
    My fear with consoles is that UT will be screwed over when it comes to gameplay. I don't want a shred of UT's gameplay being diluted by console influence. It's what gave us the half-assed mess that was UT2003.

I havn't got a problem with a console version per se, but I'd rather Epic made UT a PC only game, and then gave the console players the half-assed port for once. The PC version should get absolute priority.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I vote for linux however it will run on Slackware & Windows (if theres a Port i suggest there is one)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Selerox
    My fear with consoles is that UT will be screwed over when it comes to gameplay. I don't want a shred of UT's gameplay being diluted by console influence. It's what gave us the half-assed mess that was UT2003.
    As for the PC market, it just ant there. Year on year the PC market continues to fall, if you’re a gamer why pay £800/$1400 on a PC when consoles are far lower in price and the rang of games goes much deeper.

Epic needs to make big bucks on this one, spending 10mil plus on their flagship title is a lot. They’re going to need to expand their markets and open a few doors, i.e. PS3/360/Wii?. I can see a day when epic will have to drop PC altogether if things go on the way they are...

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE--
    INTEL
    Last edited by p2xelgen; 09-02-2006 at 06:14 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ward
    I'm probably going to get it for both the pc and the PS2, just like I did with the original UT. Those fights against my brother in UT (PS2) still holds a warm spot in my heart
    Some how I don't think a PS2 will be able to handle UT 2007...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by StalwartUK
    Personally UT's a PC series and hardly anyone around here seems to be getting it for a console from the looks of things anyway...
    This is due to the fact that must people who play consoles don’t hang around on forums. Well they do but not as much and as this is mainly a PC fan base here, that’s why the pole is like it is. I think the consol version will sell just as well as the PC if not better.
    Last edited by Hamburger; 09-10-2006 at 12:01 PM.
    Yummy hamburgers
    round, tasty and delicious
    ketchup and a bun
    yum, yum.

MSgt. Shooter Person

A Mac Pro.
    I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."
    –Mitch Hedberg

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think its quiet poitnless to play on ps or 360 because its much more eayser to aim and move with keyboard&mouse also ut roots are still in pc so pc 4ever for arena fast arena games

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bloodwolf809

Either PC or (if it comes out) Xbox 360.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger
    This is due to the fact that must people who play consoles don’t hang around on forums. Well they do but not as much and as this is mainly a PC fan base here, that’s why the pole is like it is. I think the consol version will sell just as well as the PC if not better.
    Or maybe, because it is only annouced for PS3 and anyone who would spend the money for that is pretty un-aware of the lack of titles.

PC ftw and if it is announced for 360, i will pick it up there as well.

Also, i think the you should check out the gears of war section. Full of console players (more people there than any other section.)

If UT2007 gets announced for 360 i will be an incredibly happy camper!
    www.GEARHEADSOFWAR.com

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xBIGREDDx

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz
    Anything but a PC would be wrong...
    Truth, in its entirety.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvelli
    Truth, in its entirety.
    QFT QFT (had to repeat it, due to 10 character minimum requirement)

As for the PC market, it just ant there. Year on year the PC market continues to fall, if you’re a gamer why pay £800/$1400 on a PC when consoles are far lower in price and the rang of games goes much deeper.

Epic needs to make big bucks on this one, spending 10mil plus on their flagship title is a lot. They’re going to need to expand their markets and open a few doors, i.e. PS3/360/Wii?. I can see a day when epic will have to drop PC altogether if things go on the way they are...

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE--
    INTEL
    More and more PCs are getting integrated graphics from reputable manufactures. Hell even the 400$ (canadian, mouse/keyboard/monitor included) computer we sell at WalMart has nVidia-based graphics.

Obviously I wouldn't play games on it, but if someone buys them its not necessarily a lost market.
    Core i7 920, Foxconn Renaissance, 6GB OCZ DDR3, GeForce GTX460 + GTX 260
    X-Fi Platinum, Bose QC15 Headphones, Windows 7 x86-64
    Rosewill RK-9000 (PS/2 Adapt. NKRO), Adesso Cybertablet 12000, LG Wide 20" LCD + Samsung 23" 1080p LED + LG Wide 22" Glossy LCD

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: deadeyesx

Quote Originally Posted by FrostBiteEST
    I think its quiet poitnless to play on ps or 360 because its much more eayser to aim and move with keyboard&mouse also ut roots are still in pc so pc 4ever for arena fast arena games
    True, but alot of people would rather get a console since it is cheaper then upgrading to play this monster of a game.
    Hope is a waking dream.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tenspeed
    True, but alot of people would rather get a console since it is cheaper then upgrading to play this monster of a game.
    very true, look at Gears of War, you will need a beefy PC to play it and the 360 is only 400$
    www.GEARHEADSOFWAR.com

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dutch JaFO

Linux (probably in Ubuntu-flavour) ... because if all goes according to plan that will be the next OS on my pc should Epic decide that their game is WinXP-only.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hyncharas

Given the improvements in hardware for consoles, is there really going to be much of a gameplay-difference from the PC version?

(sorry if I keep asking you Epic guys questions, I like to pick at these things )

According to what Epic people have said, the PC and Console games will be unique to the platform. Meaning each will make use of the natural abilities of the platform. Neithter will suffer to support the other.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'll be getting it for the PC. And honestly you don't NEED a $2000+ computer to play games at a decent level anymore. DIY types can build something good enough to play even the most demanding games for well below that. I built mine for $980, and a year into it this last July upgraded the processor which barely put me at $1200 so far. Even for people who aren't comfortable with building a machine, they could go into any Staples, Best Buy, Circuit City etc., and get a Dual Core X2 based GTW,HP,etc for around $500, and put a decent video card into the PCI express slot for maybe $200. Not much more than a 360 if you think about it. They could save more by repurposing an old CRT which will still look nicer than the High End TV they try to push on Next Gen buyers. Would it be the BEST computer? No, but certainly good enough to run on medium or even high settings, at a decent frame rate. Which would likely be on par with the 360. Certainly fine enough for the family computer that everyone is going to use for every kind of application out there, and way better than a crappy celeron w integrated goat cheese @ $300.
    I think the "Myth" that you need a hardcore gaming rig to play anything hurts the PC more than the console market could ever hope to. Let's also not forget that console gaming isn't that cheap. Figure the GOOD 360 is $400 plus the cost of extra controllers, memory cards, a better Live subscription, not counting the $2000 TV you'd need to make everything look cooler you're already at around $700 (Where our gaming on a budget computer is)
    Now you take that GOOD PS3 at $600 and do the same thing, and you're likely at $900 not counting the $2000 TV. (Well beyond the midrange PC)
    If you throw in the TV well imagine what you could get in a PC w Monitor for the same money. It's not the BIG difference many would like us to believe.
    The only console that would cause the argument to fall apart would be the Wii, in which case the graphics would have to be toned down to just slightly above what UT2k4 currently looks like.
    Anyway I still think it's going to play nicer on the PC, plus you can get a lot more custom content, and make your own with the level, and model editors it will likely ship with.
    "...And you can't escape the conclusion, though you don't like what it was. Everybody SAYS they love you. No one ever really does." - Dr. Frank

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah PC's aren't as expensive as they once were. Thanks to AMD; I cannot praise them enough. Also video card prices have dropped and its now possible to get decent cards at $199. Way to go PC Gaming!! All we need now is the Saviour "Unreal Tournament 2007".....

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: snoogans460

PC and 360 most definitely. I really have no desire to plunk doen the cash for a PS3.

Thumbs down Pc!!!

Windows ... XP... then Vista 8-P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by *BareVibes*
    Yeah PC's aren't as expensive as they once were. Thanks to AMD; I cannot praise them enough.
    It looks like Intel are actually producing higher quality processors (finally...) for a cheaper price than AMD.

Banned

PC duh! I really wonder how people with gay gamepad "PS3" will be able to compete with PC users. They'll totaly get raped for sure.

Epic better not ruin the gameplay to balance things with those BS consoles...

MSgt. Shooter Person

xbox 360 and then PC PC has always been better than consols (no surpies)
    but i need a new computer not a new laptop to play (doom 3 and laptops don't mix!)
    Last edited by Night Shadow; 09-15-2006 at 05:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast