Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Skaarj

Default SAVE OUR BOMBING RUN 4 ut2007

hi everyone i was reading this and was very dissapointed.

Bombing Run. However, due to the gametype's relatively high demand of physical and mental capacity, it has not gained much popularity and Epic Games plans to discontinue the gametype in Unreal Tournament 2007. Some people did not seem to appreciate maneuverability demands of the gametype. There have been several attempts to revive BR, with new servers which had better ping than the old school jolt server which was the only BR server for a long time in UT2004. BR is currently under another attempt to revive the gametype's popularity; the jolt BR server is not as popular as it once was, but there is a new BR server titled "UUTF & Friends public BR server".

see full story here.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_Run

we cant let this great game type just die its awsome and is so much fun to play it just cant die come on boming runners help me out there must be something we can do to try and save this please post your thought's

AFG34

im not a BR player, but i support you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~uXc~Twi$T3d
    Bombing Run. However, due to the gametype's relatively high demand of physical and mental capacity, it has not gained much popularity and Epic Games plans to discontinue the gametype in Unreal Tournament 2007.
    Physical capacity? How does bombing run need you to have more physical capacity than any other game type?

MSgt. Shooter Person

hehe im Admin of www.BombingRun.org and believe me BR will never die. We plan to create a mod for ut2007. Your are right atm is br dead - the most servers are empty and the last BombingRun Cup was a disaster but we can start new when we find new Member in our community but our mod is regnoried and we have no advertising

www.Unrealbase.de - Your Gate to the world of Unreal Tournament 3
    IRC Channel on Quakenet: ut-3
    UT3 Vehicle Database | UT3 Weapon Database | UT3 Movie Database

No.

We need to strip out as many gamemmodes from ut2k7 as possible.

I just hope that UT2007 will have an extra serverbrowser category "Other" that lists all (or at least many) of the servers that do not run any of the known gametypes. For obvious reasons that category should display the gametype name for each listed server.

The biggest drawback for custom gametypes in UT2003/4 was the inability to browse for servers running gametypes unknown to the client.
    Wormbo's UT/UT2004/UT3 mods | PlanetJailbreak | Unreal Wiki | Liandri Archives

<@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"
    Note that your questions via PMs will be ignored if they actually belong in the forum.

Boomshot

yeah i am hoping for ALOT of improvements to the browser for UT2007, especially when it comes to Mods and alternate gametypes.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation Simple answer really...

More gametypes means a split community. Virtually no-one played BR. If you want it, mod it.

Skaarj

wow never thought i would get such a good response tnx every1 how we can keep it alive an ty catz i will check your link ty very much

~uXc~BR~League Server- 67.19.171.94

~uXc~ Br server always busy

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pixel x101

I am so please that BR has finally been shown the boot...

Edit:
    You should do a poll on this......
    Myblog Find my works here.

Banned

Personally I've felt that Bombing Run was effectively a variant of CTF. Never really played it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Bombing Run is a good gametype in theory (meaning played how it was designed). But the IG noobs raped it with Thorns and barnburner maps and turned it into Reverse IGCTF with one flag.
    United in all that is chocolaty and good! http://www.clanfudge.net

MSgt. Shooter Person

I always preferred single-flag CTF (with a carry th flag option) to Bombing Run. You just had to get the right maps.

I'm kind of glad to see BR gone ... it's a nice idea in principle but making it actually work better than in did in 2K4 would simply suck resource from CTF, ONS, and Warfare. Which would be a bad thing.

If it gets modded and people figure out how to make it work well then I'd be happy to see it return.
    SNOUT | Unreal Wiki | Back Issue | Message Mania | Basschat
    Epic - No longer releasing games I wish to play.

I know if UT gets rid of BR there will always be someone to release the mod. But who knows how long that will take and it would be nice to play it when the game is purchased. Everyone has a game type prefrence and BR is one of mine. My clan is also a part of a new National Bombingrun League that has just started and already has 10 clans participating.http://nbl.ex3-clan.com/index.php?op...tpage&Itemid=1

We also have an all female BR group that plays! So if catering to the female players is also a goal of epic then I speak for all the women in BR....keep it!!!

And I will add that all BR servers of participating clans have a full house on a nightly basis!! I know uXc's BR server is so busy that we had to add another BR server to our list of ip's.

I vote YES to keeping BR for UT2007!!!

http://www.uxcclan.com
    Last edited by ~uXc~milfy; 09-02-2006 at 06:23 PM.

Veteran

Just only walk when you carry the Orb in the Warfare mode and don't use any weapons while carrying it: Bombing Run.

Boomshot

Split the community? Then how about TAM, did it split the community? Or brought more people into it?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes, I support you, I just got into this gametype (in ~uXc~ servers btw) and it's really fun, more complex than I expected, well if Epic don't keep Bombing run for UT2007 we have mods and conversions
    ~ More human than human ~

Oh please, not that stupid "splits the community" argument. If people like a gametype, they should play it instead of having to stick with another gametype only because there's no better alternative.

<@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"
    Note that your questions via PMs will be ignored if they actually belong in the forum.

the many gamemodes are a problem.
    even epic realized that.

its not only a problem of splitting the players between all the gamemodes, but also a huge drawback for new players that just dont know where to start with 2k4.

I personally know alot of people that dropped 2k3 and 2k4 because they
    thought it were "too complex".

i know that you modders dont like to hear that, but if 2k4 only had
    ons, ctf and (t)dm we'd have a far more popular (and propably even more polished) game today.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OzMikeVick

OVERDOSE!!!!!

It got played little on UC2.

It was GREAT FUN!

Any BR fan would love it.

It's more based upon DM thatn CTF too, making a better expeience IMO: every man for himself.

I voted no, cause in highly skilled matches, it's a borked gametype.

OD would be nice, but I won't hold my breath.

How does Overdose work?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pixel x101

Bye Bye BR.
    Myblog Find my works here.

Redeemer

Bombing Run was the focal point of UT2003 and the main reason it Bombed. That "sports" theme was really dumb, and the announcer just sealed the deal for most people. Monday Night UT - Not.

I personally thought BR was kinda fun with the right people, but Epic should have focused more on CTF and less on these superfluous gametypes that no one ever played. I'm looking in the server browser and there is a combined ~dozen peeps playing DDom, Mut, & BR. But hey, what do I know?
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Wormbo
    Oh please, not that stupid "splits the community" argument. If people like a gametype, they should play it instead of having to stick with another gametype only because there's no better alternative.
    I fully agree. I liked bombing run, although I didn't play it very much. Had some good fun whenever I did though

I liked bombing run, though I didnt play it much in the end I was won over by Jailbreak.

MSgt. Shooter Person

true. jailbreak is probably the first mod that deserves an official implementation (though this will never happen...).
    Waves of the same length can also interfere destructively.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OzMikeVick

Well OD is like BR, DM and DOM all rolled into one.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Priyajeet

I so liked BR, I wish they can keep it. Was one of my fav modes.
    I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

ShredPrince, I so loved OD with a passion. True, it was basically free-for-all BR, but it was just so crazy and fun.

Why is epic removing gametypes? Don't you realize that whether some people love it or hate it, it adds to the overall lifespan of the game. Being modded back in as a mutator or not, doesn't it show that epic doesn't care?

But I know why they were taken out, SPECIFIC SERVERS for each gametype. Which is a bad idea (but that statement is pointless, because that has been seen), hence why we have no more DOM and BR. Regardless of whether you like Halo 2 or not, you have to give credit where credit is due. They did gametypes perfectly. Anyone that plays Halo will agree. Nobody goes into a game specifically for a certain gametype, there is a list of gametypes for each matchmaking "server" in the game. You go into a game not knowing if you will be playing CTF, Oddball, Plasma Punchout, ect.... And whether or not you want to admit it, that is a better system than the current. It adds to the overall versatility of the game and MAKES people play gametypes they would not play unless they intended to search for it specifically.

People complain about OD, Dom, DDom, BR. In the end what do you have? DM, CTF and ONS? Thats crazy! I thought UT was suppose to be the game that vastly differenciated itself from other FPS's. Where is that substancial difference now? [sarcasm]Oh wait I forgot, no other FPS in history has DM and CTF modes.....[/sarcasm]. And some people are gonna be happy that the gametypes have been removed. But then they get modded back in (hopefully), and then where are we? We are back at square 1.

So.....................I'm confused honestly..........

to me ut was never the game that tried to be different no matter what, but a solid fast-paced fps game.

get the core right. thats my wish for 2k7.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i liked BR very much. it was funny to pass other players the ball, you had to protect the player who has the bomb and so on... but i had never a good ping to a server, maybe because i live in europe so we played that only on LANs...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Selerox
    More gametypes means a split community. Virtually no-one played BR. If you want it, mod it.
    The idea behind BR was good, it was just horribly designed.

Go play deathball. Take the control/physics of the ball, and the teamwork, then make it work with weapons and BR will be extremely fun. Btw, making it like CTF it will fail horribly, like it already has. It has to be about shooting the ball and passing it to team mates. NOT a reverse ctf where instead of a flag you have a bomb.

Everytime you recieve the ball, you have to feel like a star athelite ready to do something insane to make the play of the week on ESPN. What does that mean though, in BR?

For instance.. Hitting a jump pad, a team mate sets you the alley oop (considering the ball actually passes with some mustard this time) recieving it, charging your shot while under heavy fire midair. Shooting the ball right past the defense and sneaking it by the goalie to a GOOOOAAAAALL.

People start running around their rooms taking off their shirts and waving them in the a... Ok I'm going overboard. But if BR was a little more like DB, it would've had a strong community.

MSgt. Shooter Person

we have a BR community plattform but none have interesting atm for us
    it would be nice when br fans our site supporting ( www.BombingRun.org )

www.Unrealbase.de - Your Gate to the world of Unreal Tournament 3
    IRC Channel on Quakenet: ut-3
    UT3 Vehicle Database | UT3 Weapon Database | UT3 Movie Database

Is there any word yet on what game modes are going to be in UT2007?

DM, CTF, the new "ONS" thing, etc? Personally, I loved the concept of Assault, but oh well, jeez, look at how many game modes that is already...

Man, some of you people really should be ashamed of yourselves. Just because *you* don't play a certain gametype doesn't mean others don't. As for "BR being dead" you could not be farther from the truth. Just off the top of my head, I can think of at least 200 people I see on a near daily basis in IGBR. 14 servers with the NBL settings and more people coming in every day.

Before you go begging for something to be killed off, check if others are actually playing it.

If you don't like it, don't play it. Why would it matter to any of you whether other people are having fun and weekly competitions? There are gametypes I don't like within the game. You won't hear me saying "I don't play it, so remove it" Many flavors is the spice of life.

As for multiple gametypes splitting the community. I think the most valid argument is that without those many game types, the game itself would be dead by now. Having the ability to switch to another gametype when I become burned out on another is the reason I've been playing this game for 2 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by (A.S.S)Phydeu
    Man, some of you people really should be ashamed of yourselves. Just because *you* don't play a certain gametype doesn't mean others don't.
    There aren't many players which play bombing run anyway. If it really is that popular a team will make a mod for it, but I don't think that Epic should waste their time developing bombing run for that few who do play it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scylla View Post
    There aren't many players which play bombing run anyway. If it really is that popular a team will make a mod for it, but I don't think that Epic should waste their time developing bombing run for that few who do play it.
    In before 1 million replies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast