View Poll Results: Should Epic remove crouch from UT2k7?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 5.22%
  • no

127 94.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iron Guard

Default Remove crouching from UT2k7!

Since there is a Walk key to avoid falling of ledges and crouch is mostly used to reduce hitbox size whilst camping with sniper in UT, and this game shouldn't have any spaces small enough to crouch, I ask you should Epic remove crouch to keep this game fast paced and get rid of this superflous move?

MSgt. Shooter Person

No. Simple as that.

It seems paralyzing playing quake without a crouch.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KickedWhoCares

Honestly I cant tell you, Its there if ya need it I guess like the use key in 2k3 hehe Id like it to stay personally but I dont think its worth the vote tbh!

btw, what does superflous mean? Why not say redundant or unnessacery.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MonsOlympus
    Honestly I cant tell you, Its there if ya need it I guess like the use key in 2k3 hehe Id like it to stay personally but I dont think its worth the vote tbh!

btw, what does superflous mean? Why not say redundant or unnessacery.
    I prefer superflous. At least vote on it. It was worth you voting against something as redundant as crouch jumping? Why no opinion on this?

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KickedWhoCares

Well its there to stay I reckon, I very much doubt epic would take it out even if the votes say to no matter how overwhelming the win is by. Kinda why Im not voting, I'll give the yes option half a chance lmao

Redeemer
    in an alternate dimension where anarchy is law
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AB CursedApollo

thats 4 votes for no and a grand total of 0 for yes. admitt it you need the couch button as much as you enjoy sticking a redeemer up a annoying n00bs arse rofl.
    Originally Posted by BloodyCreep: topic: Why do I hear retarded Rumors of Active Reload Removal? At least from the Sniper?

Originally Posted by joeGraf: Don't listen to rumors. AFAIK, no one here is even remotely entertaining the idea.
    well there you go ppl go STFU about the AR!

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by {SM}LeadSniper
    admitt it you need the couch button as much as you enjoy sticking a redeemer up a annoying n00bs arse rofl.
    Need it for what?

Redeemer
    in an alternate dimension where anarchy is law
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AB CursedApollo

ok i admitt that was a horrible joke what i was trying to say is that even though your against it you still use it, it would be noobish NOT to use it, make you harder to hit and prevents you from slipping off edges, you move slower but its a nessary tactic to know and master
    Originally Posted by BloodyCreep: topic: Why do I hear retarded Rumors of Active Reload Removal? At least from the Sniper?

Originally Posted by joeGraf: Don't listen to rumors. AFAIK, no one here is even remotely entertaining the idea.
    well there you go ppl go STFU about the AR!

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by {SM}LeadSniper
    ok i admitt that was a horrible joke what i was trying to say is that even though your against it you still use it, it would be noobish NOT to use it, make you harder to hit and prevents you from slipping off edges, you move slower but its a nessary tactic to know and master
    Yeah, but they have a walk key to avoid slipping of edges! Making yourself smaller for camping isn't really much got to do with the fast paced gameplay people have trumpted as an excuse not to have crouch-jumping.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MonsOlympus
    dont think its worth the vote tbh!
    Very wise post.

MSgt. Shooter Person

not so much for reg weapons, but crouching is a great way to toss someones aim off in IG
    i also think it could be well used in AS

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by fuegerstef
    Very wise post.
    Afraid to vote to remove it? why so?

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by BlindRob
    not so much for reg weapons, but crouching is a great way to toss someones aim off in IG
    i also think it could be well used in AS
    What would you use it for in AS?

Banned

Aren't you the guy who suggested crouch jumping was added? Why would you want that to be added but crouch to be taken away?

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Scylla
    Aren't you the guy who suggested crouch jumping was added? Why would you want that to be added but crouch to be taken away?
    I'm trying to gauge why people object to crouch-jumping but don't want to remove crouching also! The poll results are comical!

Banned

Maybe that's becuase crouch jumping is useless?

Seriously, why would you need to crouch EVER when you have the option to simply jump or double jump?

Iron Guard

Maybe that's becuase crouch jumping is useless?

Seriously, why would you need to crouch EVER when you have the option to simply jump or double jump?
    No more useless than crouching from what I'm hearing from the arguments against it!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gregori
    No more useless than crouching from what I'm hearing from the arguments against it!
    I can only speak for UT2004... ...and there crouching is VERY useful because it changes how the hitboxes collide with each other on one player and make headshots a lot harder... ...crouch jumping is just... ...uhm.... ...you will have to map for it so that it is useful... ...and look at the results in DM (UT2004) when people had to map for Dodge-Jumping... ...the result is EPIC going back to the roots and taking it out... ...nuff said.

Banned

It IS useless though. Crouching has more of a place, since it allows you hit box to be smaller and you won't fall off edges. It would be bs if crouch jumping could stop you from falling off edges. And, depending on high it goes and the gravity it could just make you more vulnerable.

Veteran

Crouching has more of a place, since it allows you hit box to be smaller and you won't fall off edges.
    Just what I said.

Banned

I posted that a few seconds after you. If you check, the time that you posted was 2:03, mine was 2:04 (he could have posted at 2:03:40, doesn't tell you seconds)

Veteran

I posted that a few seconds after you. If you check, the time that you posted was 2:03, mine was 2:04 (he could have posted at 2:03:40, doesn't tell you seconds)
    It first seemed you disagreed with my post. Although we share the same opinion here, I think. So I was a bit confused.

Well, in some maps you have to crouch to get in/under things. Makes it a bit risky to go for the shield if you have to scoot back under something, make you an easy kill for a flak ball.
    Keep it in.

As far as mapping for double jumps and such. I have always been impressed how well even lowgrav + quadjump works in many maps.

Super Moderator

We've already got a few spots in maps that are reached only with crouch. It's far from superfluous.
    "I are serious developer. This is serious post."
    Phil Cole
    Pixel Pusher
    Epic Games

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wickedsteve

Yeah, but they have a walk key to avoid slipping of edges! Making yourself smaller for camping isn't really much got to do with the fast paced gameplay people have trumpted as an excuse not to have crouch-jumping.
    I don't even know where the walk key is. And if I did I would still rather use crouch. If you are gonna be stuck with the speed liability you might as well balance it with a smaller hit box.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
    We've already got a few spots in maps that are reached only with crouch. It's far from superfluous.
    Sweet, good work utilizing the game movements guys .

Though it's obvious no one wants it removed so this thread is pretty pointless
    Warning: Everything above is personal opinion only. If at any time you become nauseous, dizzy or experience blurred vision while reading this post, avert your eyes and seek medical assistance immediately! If you do not like or agree with this opinion, ignore it or post your own opinion. Excessive use of derogatory, hateful or other wise slanderous language to this opinion will be met with a firm pimp hand. Continued idiocy will be met with a swift boot to the head. WTF@youareatard.com.

they should add laying down for sniping! without croching there would be almost no point to sniping weapons because you would have more trouble concealing yourself.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes, crouching is useful, I remember some flag carrier spots in ctf maps that are reached only with crouch too
    Last edited by Malkav; 09-02-2006 at 02:12 AM.
    ~ More human than human ~

MSgt. Shooter Person

Not a single match goes by that I do not use crouch on more than one occasion. I guess it's less useful in nw, but in instagib it can definately make a difference. I use it in 1on1 situations some times, I use it when having the enemy flag in my base during a cross-steal situation, and heck, why use the walk function (which I don't have binded even atm I think) at ledges when crouching has the added advantage of making you harder to hit?

Skaarj

I'm trying to gauge why people object to crouch-jumping but don't want to remove crouching also! The poll results are comical!
    People dont like crouch-jumping because its so bloody annoying to use, why hold down a key and hit jump and the same time when you can double tap space to double jump.

Also the effect of the display moving downwards before you jump is totally off-putting, its the most annoying and stupid jump style ever, for games who want to add more realism I guess.

Crouch-Jump for the ultimate lose !
    Quotes are for stupid people who want to sound clever.

Banned

Who'd want crouching taken out? No, no and NO!

Redeemer

I'd rather have Walk taken out. Honestly, I didn't even know it was in .. Haven't got it binded.
    On a quest for life, through the sable skies. What a show! (What a show!) Behold! (Behold!) The Dawn of a Million souls ..

On a bold crusade, in the realm of shade. What a show! (What a show!) Behold! (Behold!) The Dawn of a Million souls ..

Iron Guard

I'm sure you do! From what I've been told, there should be no spaces on maps that are small enough to use crouch for getting in, which is why there should be no crouch-jumping apparently!

stupid poll, but i guess everyone does superfluous things when bored.
    AMD 3800+ X2 | 2 gigs ddr400 | 160 gb & 400 gb HDDs | BFG 7950GT OC 256 mb | 22" Acer Widescreen | BIG WHITE FAN B****|
    xfire: theedeathmaster..........In game name: DEATHMASTER
    HERE'S MA' PROFILE!: http://www.xfire.com/profile/theedeathmaster/

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by theeDEATHMASTER
    stupid poll, but i guess everyone does superfluous things when bored.
    Stupid, why?

Banned

Default 2 crouch threads?

In one thread you wish for no crouch and in another you seem to want to be able to jump in mid air and crouch?
    If i could do it mid air why would I not be able to do it on the ground?

Its the walk key I never use.I very rarely sit and snipe,but for the safety of walking on ledges crouch is very useful.

No,never.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by iLL
    In one thread you wish for no crouch and in another you seem to want to be able to jump in mid air and crouch?
    If i could do it mid air why would I not be able to do it on the ground?

Its the walk key I never use.I very rarely sit and snipe,but for the safety of walking on ledges crouch is very useful.

No,never.

I don't want to see crouch removed at all. I want it kept with the addition of crouch-jumping! Based on peoples arguments for not having a crouch-jump, its easy to make an argument to remove crouch however!

Stupid, why?
    Because crouching is in every fps game that I've considered worth having!
    But really, I was just in a bad mood when I wrote that
    AMD 3800+ X2 | 2 gigs ddr400 | 160 gb & 400 gb HDDs | BFG 7950GT OC 256 mb | 22" Acer Widescreen | BIG WHITE FAN B****|
    xfire: theedeathmaster..........In game name: DEATHMASTER
    HERE'S MA' PROFILE!: http://www.xfire.com/profile/theedeathmaster/

Skaarj

I think the running speed is too slow. The solution would be to be add a sprinting option that could last a minute or two in which you go really fast. Besides, I think removing things is too negative; we should add things, like happy thoughts, and dreams, and gumdrop clouds, sugercoated chocolate bunnies, and licorice sunsets.
    But back to the topic: I see no reason on earth that stands as an excuse for removing crouch. It's like breathing; you barely realize you do it, but it is so important.

Woohoo! My first post here! Yeehah!

Removing impurities is part of the way to perfection. I wouldn't call the Crouch feature an imperfection, though. The total and utter lack of mapping support is the imperfection. Glad to hear Epic is fixing that for 2007.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast