Skaarj

Default the best charact

i am a noob...(for now), i am training, and asking for good advices..

so tell me, in your opinion, what is the best character (and tell why)

i am waiting for your opinion....

Default RE: the best charact

I think malcolm is one of the best because homing just rocks.

MSgt. Shooter Person

well it depends on what type of player u are now im a CTF player i just use selket because i speed play i mean by that is i grab the flag and leave then flash if i get attacked. if u play TDM or DM i c alot of ppl use aubus because of his repulse and or raiden. frankly u can be anyone because everyone has disadvantages and advantages it just depends on who u want to be

MSgt. Shooter Person

People get too wrapped into these characters with good offensive stratagies like homing. Homing has too many counters. Fear and Primal scream takes it away, the constant auto aim means you are going to be rejected by players 3 times as much, freeze cancels it out, blade shield and repulse blocks it. Homing is also not going to get you anyplace in small games where you are spending 2 bars of adrenalin to get a couple kills. In bigger games you are going to spend most of your time fighting without defenses just to get it up. You might think it is a good power but it really only works on level 1 and 2 newbs.

Brock is the best character in the game and pretty much all other necris come in second.

brock has Fear which will cancel out all adrenalin powers with the exception of wraith and self destruct. You can however fear them before hand if you think they are going to use it. Come at me with any adrenalin move except wraith and you just wasted 2 full bars of adrenalin. Homing, Unstoppable, blade burst. it all cancels the same. it also cancels out Udamage

All necris also have Ethereal which makes you unlockable, and shifts your position into two invisible people.

Vampire enables you to gain alot of health from hitting other people. You only get a slight burst from Heal and you have to be under half health to use it. Vampire works all the time can fill you to the max every time if you know how to aim.

Wraith is the best adrenalin in this game. You are unlockable, you cannot be frozen, poison does not effect you, head turret cannot be used on you and you take less damage from shots. You also cannot be feared or primal screamed. When you use this adrenalin, the whole map becomes cell shaded and all players light up red even if they are using invisibility or ethereal which even reveals the players true position.

The only drawback to wraith is it's harder to see the adrenalin powers others are using sometimes.

All necris characters have these abilities with the exception of necris selket who has Repulse instead of ethereal and flash instead of fear. Only brock and calypso have fear. the rest of the necris have syphon or vampire cloud.

Skaarj

Judas does not have Fear unfortunately. Because if he did I would have a no brainer for #1 character.

Skaarj

i like judas the best because that vampire cloud comes in handy somethimes

Skaarj

I like Selket because she's speedy and her melee is pretty strong, and Malcolm is just cool.

MSgt. Shooter Person

It really depends on what you're comfortable with. Personally I like Selket, because she's quick and I like to piss people off with Flash. I used Anubis in the beginning, a lot actually, but since I started using Selket, Anubis seems too slow for me.

Skaarj

HEY MAN [hl=blue][/hl]I THINK SELKET IS GOOD FOR CTF BUT IN SV OR DEATH MATCH brock or either raiden and malcome are the best

Skaarj

i think that gorge is the best character....

he has unstopable (sorry for bad ortography) that he ca no be damage... he is good with melee and has to much life... and if you need speed in ctf or something like that there is speed.. he also have heal.. unlike szalsor and the robotic (forgot his name) they use regeneration and upgrade( that sucks) ... heal is more quickly ... and heals a lot... to usefull to a player that can have a lot of life... and smash or something like that.. that he punch the ground killing EVERYONE near... thats to useful..

MSgt. Shooter Person

Unstoppable is not really that good. it takes 2 bars of health to use just to have a shield for a little while which can be countered. if somebody hits you with fear or primal scream, Your unstoppable is gone.

Skaarj

Brock. Period! I use other characters, but only because they are fun (Like Selket - Flash). The best character is definately Brock.

Geesh only 1 post per minute

Skaarj

Sobek.
    -Reflect (mint against flak primary, grenades, rockets, landmines, ripjack, all bio atttacks except cloud, and stinger secondary)
    -EMP(so many explosive whores out there )
    -Warrior Spirit (clutch for a nice offensive in 1v1's and good if they are necris ethereal whores)
    -Heal(lil life)

adren isnt necessary to kill someone either so taking it away isnt that bad

most people who use FEAR use rockets which are easy to reflect or flak which is easy to deflect also.

and i would put my shock up against anyone elses energy weapon so thats what i use when i get feared

MSgt. Shooter Person

I use fear and I use either ripjacks or flak. My flak is much harder to reject though. Bounce your flak off the ground first and it throws off the timing of the reject.

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by RM_cOldfyr3
    I use fear and I use either ripjacks or flak. My flak is much harder to reject though. Bounce your flak off the ground first and it throws off the timing of the reject.
    Nice tip. I just started using the flak a bit last night and I liked it quite a bit. Ill try that.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The thing I like most about flak is you can get point blank primary kills without a suicide. Thats just something you cannot do with rockets. Flak is a great melee charge counter also.

[face_happy] hmm... well ide say, For a begginer anubis is good. once you get more advance a light has more advantages like selket and lauren... but dont get me wrong Brock and Judas are very good characters they have the most usefull adrenenlin abil. in the game. and adrenelin is VERY important in this game. Heavy, IMO can create bad habits like not reflecting ding nothing but melee plus they have no manuever ability. I am sure many people will disagree but thats ok i seen many good heavy players i am just saying start with a medium, then try a light after you get better. if you practice for a couple hours with light and just cant do it then be a medium they are still good, lights are advanced cant make any mistakes or youre dead so dont get fustrated with lights if you cant do them then you just arent that type of player just switch around a bit and try diffrent things and you will turn out fine.

Also if you want good guns for a begginer start out with rockets/stinger then once you are better try other things but bieleve me that ripjack can rip some people up if your good with it. Snipers are very good IMO and some people like the shock, the bio is a aswsome weapon if you can hit people with it what i do when i use the bio is charge and try to hit someone directly with it, it can do mega damage and then you can finish them offf with whatever you want.

MSgt. Shooter Person

judas owns no question

im a heavy user and i primarily use gorge or arclite. unstopable is ok but berserker is much better and fear can be rejected so shoot it at me ill just throw it back at you unless you get me from behind. and smash is the ultimate counter to melle people. also cuncussion with arclite makes most people run unless they like to aim rockets while their screen is spinning at 90 mph it seems, and they seem to be agile enough i got a few jumpy *****es with gorge before and i dodge rockets and ripjack and all that. so for me the juggernauts are the best

MSgt. Shooter Person

tru judas is a good character

Skaarj

Brock, then Anubis

Skaarj

Basically what Nightland3r said.

Just find one you like or uses the same style and practice.

Skaarj

For a medium Character, Id say Brock because of fear, ethereal, vampire and wraith.

With ethereal and vampire he's basically untouchable. Other players cant lock on so they barely touch you and if they do then you have vampire which gives you back the health they took away.

Wraith is tank. Stops basically every and is good all around.

For a light character, I would say Calypso because of the same reasons as Brock.

And for heavy characters I would say the Skaarg (i dont remember his name) only because of poison cloud and the poison clouded biorifle can deal some major damage. And predator. Its tank too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

oops wrong post

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: cdstacker

i've seen some really good gorge players, unstoppable, smash and berserk is pretty deadly against a person that has some skill.
    I AM A NINJA
    (you can't see me)

You can own with nearly anyone1 once you fall into the true style of the character. Me personally, after countless hours of playing the game, I was drawn to such combo's like Sazlor/bio rifle posion cloud/shockcombo. Sometimes i like 2 use devestaion/Posion cloud-head turret-shockrifle

Redeemer
    Corner Brook NF.(Far east coast of North America)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SINCREATOR

Judas: I can get kills with vampire cloud(also revives health). All fear does is take away adrenaline. If your up against a skilled player, that adrenaline wont be missed much. My favorite combo's are Vampire ethereal+sniper, or vampire wraith+rockets/melee. If people get to close, or I see 2/3 people meleeing each other, out comes the cloud. Multi-kill on a flyby. FTW.

PS: Most devistating adreniline combo= Vampire+lock on lunge(not the adrenaline pounce)+immediate vampire cloud+immediate heavy attack/light attack depending on the character your up against. In the end all fall except for a juggernaught with unstoppable/berserk activated, and I walk away with extra health. With all of that coming at once, a persons shield dont stand a chance either.
    Last edited by Sincreator; 10-04-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0ghz,Zalman CNPS9700 cooling fan, ATI Sapphire HD5870, 8Gb DDR-3 1333mhz G-Skill Ripsaw, 128gb Kingston SSD now V+100, 640gb and 500gb WD Caviar Black, 73 gig WD Raptor, MSI GD-70 790FX 4x PCI-e X16, Realteck HD onboard audio, 750w Thermaltake Toughpower PS, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 120mm fans(Blue LED),Windows 7 64bit

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThePredkiller2

Anubis - Well balanced Speed and Strength. (And warrior spirit gives you the edge against skilled players.)
    EAT SH1T AND DIE!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oliver Diemtar

I heard Necris Selket is better than any other NECRIS. Cause She is imune to necris abilities, and she uses her Nakhti Scorpions not the usual Necris dual enforcers. She even restores normal health when picking up health stuff. (necris restore less health by pickups than other races)
    I caused the LIANDRI CONFLICT

MSgt. Shooter Person

I first played as Szalor and I think he's a good newby character because of his high health and his Blade Burst is a very satisfying ability for newbs.
    Stop Killstealing Eating cereal takes more skill than using the Sawed Off Shotgun. Hammerburst Veteran Number 18!
    Trance Forever!
    Iĺm looking for a semi competitive Gears team, send me a PM if you wanna recruit me.

Boomshot

I was going to say that all charaters are good, cuz I forgoted that in UC2 each one has unique things xD

The best newbie character should be the one that has high hp pool and an easy too use special ability.

MSgt. Shooter Person

All characters are pretty cool.
    Its Thinking.