Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7

    Default The best game ever, well almost.

    For so long i have been waiting for a game to take Halo's place, and when the demo for UC2 came out i was so excited that now i have found that one game that truly has the balls to take Halo 2 down. On April 19, 1 day late, i was at my local EB buying my copy. I returned home and got addicted to a game that at the time seemed worthy of addiction but now i am starting to reconsider. Midway truly did well with the franchise but screwed up the online aspect of it. The lag and freezing aren't that much of a concern, but getting booted from rooms all the time for dumb reasons like being too good or because i am 3 kills away from winning the match, is. Also the rank system is so dumb and pointless, there's no reason to keep playing after ur a godlike. Also the fact that there are no in-game clans makes the game way less competitive. People come and go as they wish and there's no way to avoid all the disconnects. All these problems could have been easily but weren't because of some dumb reason i don't understand. U can't imagine how pissed i am that my favourite lacks all those things that are essential to online play, The fad started by UC. Is it too much to ask for a patch that fixes all thos aspects, I bet it is. This game could've sold more than Halo or got close if it had those things what do u think????

  2. #2
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Belgium (Veldegem City)
    Posts
    288

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Midway did not screw the game, they had nothing to do with the programming and humm, keep UC2 because the patch is coming, some day
    And I also hate those unfair hosts...I like that there is a ranking system, but it shouldn't be that important, I hope they reset it when the patch is out. This game was being made before Xbox Live 3 and that explains why there aren't any clans. I still believe that Unreal Championship 2 is better than Halo 2, Halo 2 could have been the best, but the easy aiming, easy kills, tons of cheating,...killed it for me. UC2 requires more skill and hasn't been ruined by cheaters, only by some stats whores, but I don't care about them. I hope UC2 is still your favourite game

  3. #3
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    72

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    I agree with you, the ranking system is kinda stupid. I like that it keeps track of your kills and stuff though. Kills with each weapon, and character usage. I thought that was a good idea. But yeah CounterZeus is right, the patch will come some day, hopefully like soon, but I don't wanna get my hopes up. I think this is a really great game, even with the limited online that it has right now. I still have fun playing online, even if there aren't many servers to play on. I can usually find some friendly people to play with and have fun. So with all the stuff you mentioned, the game would be close to perfect, if not so. And I agree with CounterZeus again, that the auto-aim and cheating/modding in Halo 2 really ruined that game. UC2 is the other game that I play continuously, more than just a couple times to play for the heck of it. It's really FUN. And there aren't many games I can truly say that about.

  4. #4
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    279

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Nothing will probably ever touch Halo's sales.

    Just a fact.

  5. #5
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    72

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShakaM
    Nothing will probably ever touch Halo's sales.

    Just a fact.
    Yeah, it's true.

  6. #6
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    84

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShakaM
    Nothing will probably ever touch Halo's sales.

    Just a fact.

    What you should be saying is noting will ever touch the 40 million units that Super Mario Bros sold on the NES and the 33 million units tetris sold on the Gameboy.

    Put halo 1 and 2 sales together and it still doesnt even come close to either one.

  7. #7
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    139

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    I think he's talking about current games. This isn't 1991 anymore.

  8. #8
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    61

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    w00t Nirvana!

  9. #9
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    84

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Quote Originally Posted by xWARPIGx
    I think he's talking about current games. This isn't 1991 anymore.
    Even so. Halo sales are not all that impressive. It's 2005 now. Mario should have been smoked by now but nothing comes close still.

  10. #10
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    139

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    The game market is pretty broad now. Back then it was all about Nintendo and Sega. Now there is the PC, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, PSP, and a few others. And the current mario and tetris games aren't outselling Halo, are they?

  11. #11
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    72

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    I think it's more of a percentage thing. There's only a certain amount of people that own an Xbox, so if you look at that number vs. how many of them have Halo or Halo 2, it's a big percentage.

  12. #12
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    I agree with you guys UC2 will never surpass the Halo 2, just because halo 2 is noob friendly. PLUS it was all over the news, Heck i bought my xbox because of Halo 2. And it was worth it. I just though UC2 had the balls to burn every other game on xbox live but i think because of the lack of the stuff i stated above, it didn't do as well as it should have. Does anyone know if this game sold well????
    SOBERKYO you booted me once dude 3 kills before winning a 30 kill limit Deathmatch[face_frustrated]

  13. #13
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    The ranking system is communist. It's like starting a tournament, but only expecting to hand of the prize to someone else shortly afterwards. Booting altogether should not be allowed, or at least for people who have completed the game. Halo 2 rocks!

  14. #14
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    87

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh1910
    The ranking system is communist. It's like starting a tournament, but only expecting to hand of the prize to someone else shortly afterwards. Booting altogether should not be allowed, or at least for people who have completed the game. Halo 2 rocks!
    Its communist? that doesn't realyl make tha tmuch sense. And booting is necesary. People just take advantage of it. You need to boot some people, like in my server i boot **** talkers, kids that scream, and if there was cheating i'd boot them too. But i mean cmon, **** talkers and littlekids screaming is annoying, they need booted. But yah its bogus people can boot you for no reason. i ahve no clue what you mean by the stats are like starting a tournament, that just baffled me, haha. I love the stat system, cuz you can check out your kill to death ratio, kills per weapon...pretty much everything!! It's amazing.

  15. #15
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    84

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    I just mute them so I can still kick their asses in peace.

  16. #16
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    72

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Quote Originally Posted by DA-SAMZTERS
    I agree with you guys UC2 will never surpass the Halo 2, just because halo 2 is noob friendly. PLUS it was all over the news, Heck i bought my xbox because of Halo 2. And it was worth it. I just though UC2 had the balls to burn every other game on xbox live but i think because of the lack of the stuff i stated above, it didn't do as well as it should have. Does anyone know if this game sold well????
    SOBERKYO you booted me once dude 3 kills before winning a 30 kill limit Deathmatch[face_frustrated]
    About that, I just wish you would let it go. It was once, and that was it. I haven't done it since and I'm never gonna do it again.

    Anyways, occasionally I get a trash talker, but most of the time it's someone that sucks, so I just kill him to make him shut up. In my experience, good players won't talk trash. It's the ones that aren't that good that like to get in your face.

  17. #17
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    61

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    ...and the ones that are realy good, you'll boot.

  18. #18
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    72

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    ^Why would you say that? Have you ever played with me? Btw, you spelled 'really' wrong. It's with two L's.

  19. #19
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    61

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    I know and trust people who have played in your server, they all said you booted when they posed a threat and got ahead in kills.


  20. #20
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    72

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Could you name them please?

  21. #21
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    61

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    No... plus everyone on this forum is *****ing about you, just use the search feature. Oh, and MAN said you booted him, to name one. I for one, belive him.

  22. #22
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    72

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    I already cleared that up with MAN, or I thought I did. Maybe he wants to hear my voice to be sure it wasn't me that booted him. It wasn't my server.

    No, everyone isn't *****ing about me. I already explained myself for booting that ONE PERSON, and people just seem to keep bringing it up. You're the only one that seems to be presistent on it though. And why is that?

    Oh, and what you said about a bunch of people saying I boot when they're gonna beat me, I know that's a load of crap. I've only booted one person from my server, and that's it.

  23. #23
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    61

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Riiiight. [face_talk_hand]

  24. #24
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    72

    Default RE: The best game ever, well almost.

    Believe what you want to believe then. If you don't come to my server (which you never have before), it makes no difference to me.


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright ©2009-2011 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search vBulletin skin by CompletevB.com.