Skaarj

Default if you want any tips, just look here

i know y'all are a diffrent timezone to me here in the uk. But if you are looking for tips from a offline pro (i ain't got live), you just gotta ask me for anything, i'll look into it and get back to y'all.

DAMARUS

Prisoner 849

Default RE: if you want any tips, just look here

sweet when can I get some of these pro tips.

Lets get a taste.

One time this guy, some pro, was talking about you can somehow cancel a melle strike.You know anything about that?

Skaarj

there is no way to escape a melee attack, unless you use speed adrenaline or a flak cannon to relaiate.

Damarus

MSgt. Shooter Person

Actually there's a different way... It's called moving the other way... Haha.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I always thought pressing the left trigger when the melee weapons is about to hit you blocks it, not sure though

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^^^It's funny how neither of you 3 have answered his question correctly. To cancel a melee attack, press the Left Trigger and you will drop from the air

MSgt. Shooter Person

What about the B attack and the regular attack when on ground? Huh punk? That's what i thought. And counterzeus was right because if you try and put up your shield in the midair mele attack you'd fall to the ground also.. Haha.

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^^Those aint melee "strikes."

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes they are. You strike somebody with your weapon..

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^^I'll strike you with my weapon.

MSgt. Shooter Person

anyone care to know how to double lung, as in lunge once then in mid air from lunge cancel then lung again, letting you clear an area the size of ascension. It's kinda a glitch cause host can't do it but it's not like it's either easy or nooby.

if you wanna know send a FR to HAN Ma Chao

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Eena
    anyone care to know how to double lung, as in lunge once then in mid air from lunge cancel then lung again, letting you clear an area the size of ascension. It's kinda a glitch cause host can't do it but it's not like it's either easy or nooby.

if you wanna know send a FR to HAN Ma Chao
    I did it once, but forgot how to do it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Alckatrahz
    ^^^I'll strike you with my weapon.
    Dude.. That's disgusting... I don't swing that way...

Oh yah eena i want to know i want to know!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^^lol nice ...

On a serious note, could someone give me some tips for using the GL? I primarily use the RipJack but the GL is the only weapon that I seriously suck with and I'm trying to get good with every weapon and character

Skaarj

^^^lol nice ...

On a serious note, could someone give me some tips for using the GL? I primarily use the RipJack but the GL is the only weapon that I seriously suck with and I'm trying to get good with every weapon and character
    Mines are awesome, most people like exploding them in mid-air, but its weak and people catch on and run away. In small maps like Fury, lay like 5 mines at a doorway, and detonate them when they come by, usually an instant kill. Or if someone's chasing you shoot the mines in front of you and detonate them when they are behind you. Or just lay a mine field in the open where people are fighting, you might get a multi-kill. You'll find creative uses.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Dude... I use rockets all the time so i can't help you there..... But wait... I'm soooooo good with the GL!! Man it's like my second best weapon!! It's not even funny what i can do with that stuff. Insane. Anyways i don't use a strategy i just go psycho.. I'm not talking spamming. I'm talking wasting ammo. Ammo was made to be wasted!!! That's why when you see me with a sniper i'll take random shots!!! I don't care!!! Except my rocket ammo... I like my rocket ammo..... Anyways.. Try and shoot around corners and stuff. Waste your ammo! That's how i get kills with that sh**.. It's not spam... You're actually aiming when you do it..... Therefore.. No spam.. Haha. Anyways don't use the landmines unless you have a host rejecter... Or... you're messiing around. That's always fun. Or.. If you see someone coming just lay a bunch down and wait till they come and then... BOOM! Insant kill. My friend found a cooler way to explode mines... Shoot a mine far away (or a bunch).. Then shoot your primary grenade and it explodes all the mines and does a little more damage!! It's awsome!! but it takes awhile...

MSgt. Shooter Person

On a serious note, could someone give me some tips for using the GL?
    GL primary can be just as effective, you just need to get used to the different arc since it travels further and faster then the secondary and bio. Another thing to work on is aiming the primary to hit their feet so you can still damage people who constantly shield or use repulse. You can also entice mistakes with airbursts, although it's mostly for finishing off weakened people. Just work on the anticipation with your mines, and use bursts until you find openings for primary shots, as your aim adjusts the rest will follow.

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^^What you said about aiming at their feet, are you saying that a primary can bounce under one's shield? Because I've always tried to snipe a shielder at their legs where the shield doesn't cover but it makes no difference.

Prisoner 849

I was being EXTREMELY sarcastic.

MSgt. Shooter Person

No use giving out pro tips when people dont even use them. Heh..wth?[face_raised_brow]

Prisoner 849

THe real pro tips are to damn hard to explain in text for me.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: snoogans460

Quote Originally Posted by twisted
    ^^^lol nice ...

Mines are awesome, most people like exploding them in mid-air, but its weak and people catch on and run away. In small maps like Fury, lay like 5 mines at a doorway, and detonate them when they come by, usually an instant kill. Or if someone's chasing you shoot the mines in front of you and detonate them when they are behind you. Or just lay a mine field in the open where people are fighting, you might get a multi-kill. You'll find creative uses.
    That's right, manually detonating mines with the GL is the only ALT Fire out of all the weapons that I forget to use. Thanks for the refresh!

MSgt. Shooter Person

You can cancel a melee attack, it has happened to me a lot of times, I just don't know how it was done, but it did happen.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: snoogans460

Quote Originally Posted by Xbox360
    You can cancel a melee attack, it has happened to me a lot of times, I just don't know how it was done, but it did happen.
    A jump attack or pounce? If it's a jump attack, just let go of the right trigger - I believe.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well i think all you need to do is.. Freeze them. Or shoot them.. Or melee them.. Or leave.

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by snoogans460
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbox360
    A jump attack or pounce? If it's a jump attack, just let go of the right trigger - I believe.
    You just tap L

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^^What you said about aiming at their feet, are you saying that a primary can bounce under one's shield? Because I've always tried to snipe a shielder at their legs where the shield doesn't cover but it makes no difference.
    Not exactly. The shield covers the whole front of their body so sniping their feet won't work. What I mean with the GL is that the primary shot will bounce off the lower part of their shield and explode at their feet, similar to the way you can use an enemy's repulse to bend shots down and explode on the ground in front of them.

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^ How come nobody ever told me about this repusle trick!?! Argh! Well one time Fenix shot me at my feet and it did twice the damage compared to him shooting my shield..

MSgt. Shooter Person

I am talking about when two people are just tapping the right trigger ,while on the ground, in melee mode swinging away.

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^^With good timing you can press L-Trigger and reflect melee attacks if that's what you mean. And 3 consecutive reflections, although near impossible to do, will freeze any light or medium, and 4 for a heavy.

Skaarj

thats kinda kewl that i can make y'all share melee tricks.

DAMARUS

MSgt. Shooter Person

Turn on EMP right when they're going to hit you with melee and they blow up. This has to be a jumping ponce attack to work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by xXfeenyXx
    Turn on EMP right when they're going to hit you with melee and they blow up. This has to be a jumping ponce attack to work.

You sure doot? Cuz I dont really see how that could happen.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by xXfeenyXx
    Id like to see that happen [face_whistling]

MSgt. Shooter Person

noobs.

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive
    noobs.
    you better take that back

DAMARUS

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DAMARUS
    there is no way to escape a melee attack, unless you use speed adrenaline or a flak cannon to relaiate.

Damarus
    There is another way. You can reject a melee attack. Th etiming must right, but it is possible. Try it and let me know if you are able to pull it off. Do it the same way you reject a projectile.