Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: clancy the sock

Quote Originally Posted by MR Swede
    okay man even if they use rifles how come they aren't using tanks, gunships and what not..
    maybe because every soldier is not issued thier own tank you dumbass.

tell me you were just kidding. if not, your i.q cant be higher than the room temperature. sorry to be mean, but this kind of idiocy is just outrageous.

Iron Guard

has ne1 actually seen the Torquebow yet? it might just resemble a cross bow, but be advanced in its own right, like Chewbaccas gun in Star wars. So dont get POed clancy, it might just be a normal gun that happens to look like a bow.
    So....anyone hear of a game called Gears of War 2? Its supposed to be really cool, but I dont know...

A-HA! I knew it! The Hypercane was the one who killed Kennedy on the grassy knoll!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm not going to defend the design or the universe, merely explain it.

The Torquebow is a Locust weapon. The Locust are from the Hollow of the planet and this area was used as a dumping ground for hundreds of years by humanity. One man's waste...

Cobbled together from spare parts, it became a favorite for hunting food while in the Hollow. The elite Theron guards are the Locust that use it as they consider it a more honorable weapon. (Plus, it requires more skill and yields more "bang" for your success when used properly.)

The game is crafted to appeal to both kinds of gamers - those that like regular assault rifle type weapons and those that like more ... interesting... options. It's up to the players how they want to play.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by CliffyB

The Torquebow is a Locust weapon. The Locust are from the Hollow of the planet and this area was used as a dumping ground for hundreds of years by humanity. One man's waste...

Cobbled together from spare parts, it became a favorite for hunting food while in the Hollow. The elite Theron guards are the Locust that use it as they consider it a more honorable weapon. (Plus, it requires more skill and yields more "bang" for your success when used properly.)

The game is crafted to appeal to both kinds of gamers - those that like regular assault rifle type weapons and those that like more ... interesting... options. It's up to the players how they want to play.
    thats for that info cliffy.
    ~I am the soda warrior~

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cole A

yeah thanks Cliffy B

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HorTyS

awesome. when i first heard about the torque bow i thought it sounded so cool, i'm sure it won't dissappoint.

and hey clancy, noones forcing you to use the weapon, i just can't wait to stick an explosive arrow in your head in multiplayer
    HorTyS

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MooseKnuckles46

Sounds good. I like the scavenging idea very much, sounds like there could be some other weapns that use this idea (come on, spatula launcher ). The Theron guard sound pretty damn cool as well, but then again, has there ever been an underground, explosive crossbow wielding, insectoid creature that hasn't been cool
    Wait there's a chainsaw AND you can curbstomp people!
    *Rushes out to pre-order*

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fortune Wookie

sounds awsome, take that clancy the gay sock
    Gears of War pwns

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Neatherblade

Sound like the bow in Rambo when he blow up a soldier

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Raide UK

I am all for new versions of weapons. It does get a bit boring in games when you have standard pistol, shotgun, sniper and rocket launcher. I love games which give me access to some fun stuff. I remember playing with bows in the Turok games and I used the Tek-bows more than anything else because it just felt good to use it. The fun of zooming in and letting off an arrow and hammering the arrow into an enemy skull.

Imagine playing online in Gears and firing an arrow into a locust head and watching it run around screaming. If this was online, how much fun and also different would it be if you had a variety of weapons to play with, not just your standard pistols, shotgun etc. The Bow may be the Locust sniper rifle but it may also be better because of the explosive rounds in it. Splash damage anyone?

The old military stuff could be weaponry that was deemed too dangerous to use on the battlefield, no necessarily old style weapons like muskets etc. This is not earth remember so many of these weapons could have been experimental stuff from both the COG side and Locust sides. Some of this experimental stuff could have been salvage from Locust weapons, stuck onto COG weaponry.

Whatever Epic put into this game weaponry wise, you now it is going to be great fun to play with. If bows are not your thing then Epic will provide enough weaponry to keep people happy. I will be playing with all the Gears toys.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Raide UK
    I am all for new versions of weapons. It does get a bit boring in games when you have standard pistol, shotgun, sniper and rocket launcher. I love games which give me access to some fun stuff. I remember playing with bows in the Turok games and I used the Tek-bows more than anything else because it just felt good to use it. The fun of zooming in and letting off an arrow and hammering the arrow into an enemy skull.

Imagine playing online in Gears and firing an arrow into a locust head and watching it run around screaming. If this was online, how much fun and also different would it be if you had a variety of weapons to play with, not just your standard pistols, shotgun etc. The Bow may be the Locust sniper rifle but it may also be better because of the explosive rounds in it. Splash damage anyone?

The old military stuff could be weaponry that was deemed too dangerous to use on the battlefield, no necessarily old style weapons like muskets etc. This is not earth remember so many of these weapons could have been experimental stuff from both the COG side and Locust sides. Some of this experimental stuff could have been salvage from Locust weapons, stuck onto COG weaponry.

Whatever Epic put into this game weaponry wise, you now it is going to be great fun to play with. If bows are not your thing then Epic will provide enough weaponry to keep people happy. I will be playing with all the Gears toys.
    YER,
    i cant wait to use teh bow
    ~I am the soda warrior~

Redeemer

i wonder how many bolts it will carry?
    ~I am the soda warrior~

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UR moms *****

Quote Originally Posted by soda
    We all know that the torque bow is a self detonated bow and arrow weapon,
    so my question is will you/or your AI friends be able to pull out the arrow before it is detonated?

and what happens if the arrow gets stuck in you and then the person that shot it killed, what happens to the arrow, will it explode, will it dissapear, or will it stay stuck in you?

Also will you be able to use the torgue bow to blow up soft cover?

Well there are my questions,
    EPIC if you can please answer them, if not i know your busy,
    also if anyone does know the answers feel free to post it
    i think it'll be like a grenade, if you throw it and get killed right after it, the grenade can still kill people so it only makes sense that it could still kill the person

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DieNasty

well i asked cliffy these questions a long time ago, (read threads of when cliffy and mark show up at mrc) and they decided to jus make the torque bow auto detonated, sort of like the old school turok game, but for as takin out of ur partner, not to sure about that
    -Me- How do Locust reproduce? I cant picture a Drone with a Beserker.
    -Cliffy- Dienasty:You can if there are alot of chains involved

Long Live The Pink Elephant. Death, Is More Manly In Pink. [November 7th]

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: El Hatton

Quote Originally Posted by soda
    i wonder how many bolts it will carry?
    That's what I want to know, if it'll have a clip or if it's a manual-reload weapon after every shot.
    Start revving those chainsaws...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by El Hatton
    That's what I want to know, if it'll have a clip or if it's a manual-reload weapon after every shot.
    i think its gonna be manual like a real bow, but it'll prob own since the time it takes to reload

Iron Guard

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could fire the torque bow at an enemy, and the arrow would stuck in him - but not killing him, and then you could remote detonate the arrow. So it'd be like a grenade exploding from inside of him. Oh, the humanity!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PFI DeaTH

thats what the Idea was but Doing it was To hard or close to impossible i belive they said.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by SKM D34TH
    thats what the Idea was but Doing it was To hard or close to impossible i belive they said.
    it wouldn't be so hard,
    just fire once for bolt to be shot and press fire again for detonation.
    ~I am the soda warrior~

MSgt. Shooter Person

I havent bothered to read all of this...is it a Bow or a Crossbow?

Cos if its a Crossbow...****. If not...YAY!
    Jubilations!

New word: Jubaliant
    Pronouced: Ju-Bal-E-Ant
    Meaning: One who is in a trimuphant or elated mood, or has a genreral trimuphant disposition.
    Copyright 2006, Atlas.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas
    I havent bothered to read all of this...is it a Bow or a Crossbow?

Cos if its a Crossbow...****. If not...YAY!
    cross bow im pretty sure
    ~I am the soda warrior~

MSgt. Shooter Person

Dang-nammit!
    Jubilations!

Meaning: One who is in a trimuphant or elated mood, or has a genreral trimuphant disposition.
    Copyright 2006, Atlas.

Iron Guard

Dang-nammit!
    Now, come on!
    A bow would be so gay.
    FiringSquad: We have seen how good the game looks, but can you tell us how does it uses the Xbox 360's multiple processors?

Cliff Bleszinski: Iĺm not a programmer. It uses the processors. It looks hot. Ask me about the chainsaw!

MSgt. Shooter Person

HOW?? A 18th century long bow could shoot over 500 meters so dont say it wouldnt have much range. And they could perice metal plate armour. And thats just a long bow...the bows we have today could do double that damage and power and range easy.
    A cross bow is to...umm not cool enough, or distance, or power, or coolness.
    Jubilations!

Copyright 2006, Atlas.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pyro786

Alright, would be assumption be correct that have some kind of fetish/obsession/hobby involving normal bows?
    Because seriously, it would just ridiculous have a locust stretch a long bow. I mean, i'm sure they could make the bow look hardcore and all, but bottom line, it still would be a bow, and the fact that you have to stretch the string just seems to primitive for the gears universe.
    However, a crossbow maintains the gun appearance, but also has the low tech side to it. Which is going to be seriously cool.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jackrubyn
    Now, come on!
    A bow would be so gay.
    yes it would!!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

A cross bow is to...umm not cool enough
    NOT COOL ENOUGH!!!!!!! is a mixture of our two favorite things!!!! a bow and a gun, so are u saying you don't like the two combind?!?!?!!??!?!?!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Although we know it is a crossbow, I think it would look just as good being either, so long as it has at least a small technical look.

Like someone said, all I could think about this whole topic long was the Tek bow off Turok. It was awesome.

I think a bow would look better tech'ed up, but I doubt it would be practical. In the end, I can see why they went with a crossbow, and I can't really find anything to complain about.

I think it would be awesome if it was magazine fed. Not necassarily semi automatic, just you dont manually load it every time. Manually arm it maybe.
    WARNING: Posts May Contain Traces Of Opinion
    Do Not Go Where The Path May Lead, Go Instead Where There Is No Path, And Leave A Trail

Redeemer

well we know what it looks like now (apparently)
    and it looks like a cross between a bow a crossbow and a gun
    ~I am the soda warrior~

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by M005E
    NOT COOL ENOUGH!!!!!!! is a mixture of our two favorite things!!!! a bow and a gun, so are u saying you don't like the two combind?!?!?!!??!?!?!
    I'm not saying I dont like a crossbow, I'm saying I prefer a bow, and yer me and Soda came to the conclusion that it is in the bow form (Vertical) with a crossbow stock, and gun handle/trigger system...weird but cool and very different.
    Jubilations!

Copyright 2006, Atlas.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MMX SpleenSaw

I love the wayc it looks now , it looks awsome from what we have seen of it.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HydratedPinkus

Quote Originally Posted by UnDeR°AtH
    Clancy. Please. STFU.

I'm beginning to think you don't know a lot, and you like arguing. Please, don't turn this forum around. I've enjoyed it so far because of the lack of arguments, don't ruin it for us.
    What's wrong with having different opinions? I for one, don't like the torque bow, but that's only because my preference in weapons is machine guns and grenades. I don't like one shot reloaders. Unless the reload is actually just a pump on a shotgun.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IcemanO11

i think it looks pretty awesome, and accurate to what the locusts have been portrayed as: brutal and more primitive than the COG. it doesnt mean, however that their weapons are less lethal, and thats what the torque bow is there to prove.
    Splitscreen Gears of War is my savior.
    Once More Into the breach, dear friends...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123