Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: a7xrocker24

Gears of War is finished or very close to finished. The only reason it isn't hitting until November is because Microsoft needs there big gun to counter the release of the PS3. I knew this would happen. November.......bleh.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HIBRIDTHEORY

Communication is good it's nice that your taking timeout to talk to us.
    Yes, some of us are losing it so now we could walk away understanding
    marketing and the way it works.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SlipKnot Saint

Quote Originally Posted by TheGearsTurn
    Ummm well I guess this is BIG news Epic....? Seriously if it would have been sooner it would have been BIG news but since it is a ways off and there are many other amazing games coming out before then it doesn't excite me and doesn't feel like very BIG news, because I knew it was coming this year, and I knew it would come out before the PS3.
    uhhh you might not know this but ps3 dosent come out till next year. im not trying to be a prick or a know it all just letting you know...

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Spectralist

Gears of War is finished or very close to finished. The only reason it isn't hitting until November is because Microsoft needs there big gun to counter the release of the PS3. I knew this would happen. November.......bleh.
    I doubt its very close to being finished. They're probably well on the way to being done in time for the release, but remember -- it wasn't too long ago that they just got the renderer working on more than one core.

Quote Originally Posted by psyco blade
    uhhh you might not know this but ps3 dosent come out till next year. im not trying to be a prick or a know it all just letting you know...
    I'm pretty sure the PS3 launch is in fact in November, otherwise them announcing another delay would be pretty big news me thinks.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yeah I could give a crap anyway's, I hate Sony so I didn't mrf. But the PS3 comes out in November.
    Last edited by weephun; 08-03-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: St3aLtHy Sn1p3r

???

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by pahamrick
    I doubt its very close to being finished. They're probably well on the way to being done in time for the release, but remember -- it wasn't too long ago that they just got the renderer working on more than one core.
    Yeah last I heard in PLAY magazine they were finishing up on the multiplayer, but single player was finished. This was last month's issue.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaloEg0360

wait wait this is just hitting me. the whole mfenix BS was a hoax? god damnit lol

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

why does microsoft have there big titles released on november? they even released the 360 in november!!!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IMTHEONEKILLINU

Mark has posted elsewhere that the game has not gone gold. Or at least I think I read that somewhere form him. Therefore it's not finished.

Administrator

Well until I see your beautiful face Gears of War, I will be cheating on you with Dead Rising, N3, Enchanted Arms, Saint's Row, F.E.A.R., and probably many others. We will mate someday.
    That's OK I'm looking forward to those games too! OXM has a Saints Row demo this month. I picked it up yesterday but have not had time to try it yet.

Someone on IRC asked me this morning what they should do during the wait for Gears - I told them they should convince all their friends to go out and buy 360s and get XBL so they could chainsaw and curb stomp them online when Gears comes out!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat88
    wait wait this is just hitting me. the whole mfenix BS was a hoax? god damnit lol
    It was a hoax. Nothing came of it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein
    That's OK I'm looking forward to those games too! OXM has a Saints Row demo this month. I picked it up yesterday but have not had time to try it yet.

Someone on IRC asked me this morning what they should do during the wait for Gears - I told them they should convince all their friends to go out and buy 360s and get XBL so they could chainsaw and curb stomp them online when Gears comes out!
    I can't wait to play Gears. I just wish it would be sooner. I sure hope the multiplayer is amazing and doesn't give me the lag that Prey did. Thanks for taking the time and responding to us. We appreciate knowing that the developers care what we think.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXMasDeJuegoXx

nice response mark im waiting for dead rising and F.E.A.R. those games look awsome

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IMTHEONEKILLINU

As I said in a previous post a page or two ago, it's YOUR GAME that's going to convince people. Everyone and their grandmother has told me on here to get one, and I'm still 360 free.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Yeah last I heard in PLAY magazine they were finishing up on the multiplayer, but single player was finished. This was last month's issue.
    Again, doesn't mean they're close to release right now. There's always play testing for bugs, fixing bugs, polishing things up for release, ect ect ect.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

The chainsaw gun will be the most amazing weapon ever put in a game. It will be multiplayer mayhem.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think after this fiasco people will wan to curbo stomp you.... In rea life..

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DieNasty

haha ive already convinced like 11 of my friends to get one over a ps3, u guys should recruit me into a marketing campaign
    -Me- How do Locust reproduce? I cant picture a Drone with a Beserker.
    -Cliffy- Dienasty:You can if there are alot of chains involved

Long Live The Pink Elephant. Death, Is More Manly In Pink. [November 7th]

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaloEg0360

It was a hoax. Nothing came of it.
    aw freakin hell. well if anything i met some cool people out of it, godless pigs... hell yes dead rising next week! and then i cant wait for saints row and enchanted arms. altho u didnt have to buy oxm, its on XBLMP

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HIBRIDTHEORY

How about some contest to get the game for free or early like online
    trivia or other epic game that challenges the die hard gamers!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

nope it has had a delay will see who is right when it comes out.

ps:BUT THERE IS KNOW WAY IN HELL IM BUYING THE THING!!!!!
    Nope it hasn't been delayed. I will not buy it until Blu-Ray is a successful format. I don't think it will succeed, but if it does, that is when I will invest. For the time being Wii60 for me!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mEaNi PaNtS

nope it has had a delay will see who is right when it comes out.

ps:BUT THERE IS KNOW WAY IN HELL IM BUYING THE THING!!!!!
    it comes out november 17th is the official north american launch.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthy32
    Please Mark at least tell me theres a demo if you are going to do this to us
    I don't see any way we could do a demo before the game comes out. We've said that before. Demos take a long time to create and polish and we can't afford to get derailled like that if we want to have the game in stores by Thanksgiving. Given a choice of the game this year or a demo this year and the game next year I'm sure every one of you would rather have the game this year because you're already planning to buy it. No idea if we'll do a demo or not after the game ships. I know we have some very cool plans (not 100% solid so too early to give any specifics) for additional downloadable so that might take a higher priority than creating a demo.

Administrator

Guys, let's lose the PS3 talk in this forum, OK? This is supposed to be about Gears of War.

Administrator

NO! That's complete nonsense. If it were going to be finished sooner we'd be releasing it sooner and we would have told you about Emergence Day a long time ago.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I don't see any way we could do a demo before the game comes out. We've said that before. Demos take a long time to create and polish and we can't afford to get derailled like that if we want to have the game in stores by Thanksgiving. Given a choice of the game this year or a demo this year and the game next year I'm sure every one of you would rather have the game this year because you're already planning to buy it. No idea if we'll do a demo or not after the game ships. I know we have some very cool plans (not 100% solid so too early to give any specifics) for additional downloadable so that might take a higher priority than creating a demo.
    So this is the official announcement everyone. There will be NO demo. But atleast I know one thing I will be poor from buying all of the extra content on LIVE.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

plz jus hit us up with some themes and gamerpics!!!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Guys, let's lose the PS3 talk in this forum, OK? This is supposed to be about Gears of War.
    k, lets talk about 2k7 then

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Listen to this guy, he is correct!
    SORYY I GUESS I DO NEED TO GET UP TO DATE. i guess im worrying to much about gears and not paying attention to sony!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by os][ris
    k, lets talk about 2k7 then

garbage. enough said, back to GoW

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

NO! That's complete nonsense. If it were going to be finished sooner we'd be releasing it sooner and we would have told you about Emergence Day a long time ago.
    I don't believe it, sorry. It's just funny how it hits right before Microsofts competitors new console....................? Hmmm....

MSgt. Shooter Person

hate to tell you this but god of war 2 is a ps2 game

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mEaNi PaNtS

UT2007 for 360??? come on now that would be big news. haha

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by steveo9632000
    forget 360. I'm talking about pc.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

i agree......

MSgt. Shooter Person

LOL we won't hear that until X06 i can almost guarantee you... as well as a certain other "no comment" game

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

No gamer pics and themes....PLEASE! They are such a waste of money and useless. Let us pay for useful downloads like new multiplayer maps, weapons, and characters. Don't rip us off with hand armor or something.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm sorry you feel that way but I think an official release date is pretty darn big news! I'll tell you what. To make everyone feel a little bit better I'll drag CliffyB on to IRC for a chat sometime in the next two weeks. Maybe he'll reveal something you don't already know about the game.
    Fair enough. Thanks for listening to us; because, I can guarantee you we are out there recruiting casual gamers into the COG War Machine. Just please make sure the release date doesn't slip cuz CliffyB's chatting.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Sorry.

I don't believe it, sorry. It's just funny how it hits right before Microsofts competitors new console....................? Hmmm....
    Conspiracy theorists beware!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast