Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Skaarj

Default ut2004 plugin for Maya 7.0PLE now available

It is with great pleasure that I announce that the UT 2004 plugin is now available for Maya 7.0PLE. So head on over to the Autodesk Website http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/product...ductId=1900003 and grab Maya 7.0PLE and then go to http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/MayaCompletePlugins and grab the UT2004 plugin.

I hope you enjoy all the new features in Maya 7.0PLE.

As a side note, you will no longer be able to register the version of Maya 5.0PLE that is included with UT2004. You must download 7.0PLE in order to use maya to export to UT2004.

Happy modding!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gatling-

Omg, talking about timing. I've just started to explore Maya
    The1/2of F IVE = 4
    TheDrunkSnipers
    Ons-KB-Drystal-V2
    (16P)Onslought servers(EUR) ut2004://130.89.162.218:34777/ ut2004://130.89.162.218:35777/
    "There Are Three Kinds of People - Those Who Can Count and Those Who Can't" ----(Warren Buffet)

Skaarj

Great post! I was looking forward to this.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just installed everything, and it's all good.

The export system is identical to the 5.0 one, 5.0 files are compatible, and 7.0 itself seems to have some nice new features built in.

Now who's gonna sticky this thread?

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by »madMar†y»
    Omg, talking about timing. I've just started to explore Maya
    Wow I just installed that this morning, too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is great news for PLE users If you go here; http://www.alias.com/eng/products-se...download.shtml ; you can get a stand alone .3ds to .fbx file converter, ( as well as several other file formats), as well as a .fbx import plugin for Maya PLE 7. This is a huge addition to PLE's uses!

Skaarj

Default .fbx import plugin

Actually the .fbx import functionality is built into Maya 7.0PLE.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes, but there is also a stand alone file converter that will convert, among others, .3ds to .fbx. Then you can use the .fbx support in PLE to import.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I cant get the ut2004 export help to load in maya so..how do I set it up?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Find unEditor.mll and check the Loaded checkbox. If you want the Unreal Editor to load every time you start Maya, check the Auto Load checkbox.
    In the Command line, enter the following and hit return on the number pad. "source UT2004Export.mel"
    In the Command line, enter the following and hit return on the number pad. "UT2004Export"

Boomshot

where are the exporter tools supposed to be? i dont see them in the custom

Skaarj

They are in their own shelf called UnrealEdExport. Provided you entered "UT2004Export" in the Command line or Script Editor and executed it.

Boomshot

so i have to type "UT2004Export" in the command line and press enter?
    where is this command line?is it that separeted little window in the maya startup? plz, im scared i am not able to export my models

Skaarj

the command line is below the time time line. It is basically a one line area where you can enter MEL commands.

And all you have to do is type the command and press enter.

Good luck

Boomshot

OMG, i hate that, i firs entered ut2004export, and it didnt worked and i was like:......................!!!!!!!!!11
    then i tryed UT2004Export and it worked
    damn key sensitive, thanks for the help legioss

Skaarj

glad I could help.

Just an FYI, all Mel Commands in Maya are case sensitive.

Skaarj

Default PLE ONLY???

i ve tryed to install on maya 7
    and it s wont work, tells me that i have no MAYA PLE installed :cry:
    so full maya is not a good thing for it?:alien:

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gatling-

I have Maya 7 but have not installed it yet (at the moment I use the PLE version), but maybe this page is what you're looking 4. http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorX#...orter_plugins_ Hope that works, cause I'm also going to need it.
    The1/2of F IVE = 4
    TheDrunkSnipers
    Ons-KB-Drystal-V2
    (16P)Onslought servers(EUR) ut2004://130.89.162.218:34777/ ut2004://130.89.162.218:35777/
    "There Are Three Kinds of People - Those Who Can Count and Those Who Can't" ----(Warren Buffet)

Skaarj

Default PLE ONLY???

ACTORX is 104 kb it s just an export plugin
    i thought they did something better than just simple export
    i saw there was some mel scripts some UI prob and docs
    but when i told maya ti use that .mll it said me !@!$$~!~ u need foundation.dll with some point:weird: soso where s ice

Iron Guard

Urm, it's not related to modelling for UT, because quite frankly, I can't :noob: but is there a way to view the 3d model without having the maya PLE logo in the background? (being able to rotate that view would be good too)

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by LordJaffa
    Urm, it's not related to modelling for UT, because quite frankly, I can't :noob: but is there a way to view the 3d model without having the maya PLE logo in the background? (being able to rotate that view would be good too)
    Nope

MSgt. Shooter Person

Incase the maker of this plugin didnt know it wont let you export skeletal meshes into ut2004 with animations.

MSgt. Shooter Person

That is also the result I got; animations would not export

Skaarj

Are you sure you are doing it right? No offense, but unless you have the root joint selected when you are exporting and your animation exists as a trax clip, you will not get any animations exported.

This is also in the docs I wrote with the plugin.

Let me know if you still have problems.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I know how to export animations. It works fine in maya ple 5 but in maya ple 7 it just wont have it.

Skaarj

send me your scene and I can have a look. If it is not working, I can get in touch with Epic and get it fixed.

Later.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here is a link to my old post concerning my problem; http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...highlight=maya. I have since had a total hard drive failure that left all my files unreadable; everything was backed up except my new folder for Maya PLE 7, so I don't have the file anymore I could never get any response when I had the problem, so I just used the vehicle with no animation for the fins.

Boomshot

im with you unwheelmodeller
    the exporter simply wont work properly(edit:animations sekeltons)
    epic needs to fix it

Skaarj

I did not hit this with any of the tests that I did before we shipped the plugin. Unless someone can come forward with a scene to reproduce this, little can be done about it.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

MSgt. Shooter Person

legioss, I have recreated the basics of the tumbler file. The rigging was done quickly so the fins don't rotate exactly like they should. I tried to export and again the animations don't get exported. I have PM'd a link to the file.

Skaarj

MAP-BR CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!

Man this is really pissing me off. How do I get the Maya 7.0 RT export to activate the toolbar so I can access it. The help menu url isn't working. Anyone please help!!!!!!

thanks

Skaarj

Does anyone here run Maya PLE 7.0.1? Seems actorX plugin doesnt want to load in this version, unless I missed something. Is there an easier way to do animations for UT? The only modelling app I know well is Rhino 3d, so Im kinda crippled in the animation/texturing department....any suggesstions?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Actor x wont work on that version since it doesnt work for the PLE

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is there a tutorial for exporting weapons from 7.0 PLE? I found one for another version of Maya (5.0, I guess), and I did everything it said, but when I try to export weapon mesh, I get the "Error: there is no character set in this scene!" message.

MSgt. Shooter Person

its because you havent added a character set to your model. and is there any news about this exporting bug with animations?

Skaarj

Default sorry

I have been tied up with the next version of Maya. I will have more time in the coming weeks to look at this issue.

On a quick note, I noticed that the fin is parented to the final joint. This may be the issue. Have you tried adding a bone across the fin and then animating the second to last bone?

Skaarj

ok guys about the animation problem when you hit the ut2004 help key you get a error if you read the error it says blah blah blah/maya 6/ blah blah blah

if this is part of the problem i hope it helps you figure it out

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by legioss
    Have you tried adding a bone across the fin and then animating the second to last bone?
    I did the rigging pretty quick; thought I had it right:P I don't follow your suggestion .

I went to the autodesk and they sayed I only gete 7 day trial whats this i want the software but i dont want only a free trial

Hi

I'm using Maya 7.0.1 PLE, and my plugin doesn't wrk properly either. I just wanted to get a cube I've made into UT2004, but he also told me something about a missing *.dll data, which I hardly couldn't find.
    Are there now any news from Epic or Autodesk Alias?
    Another question yet, to anyone here who is good at modelling: Could ya show me some tricks for easy modelling, my skills with Maya are this here: Novice.

Regards

38_Special

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast