Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UCMP2 Released!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Big Grin UCMP2 Released!

The Ultimate Community Map Pack (UCMP) team has released their second mappack, UCMP2: ‘AbNormal Mapped’, for Unreal Tournament 2004

Six months under construction, the UCMP team has conspired to once again bring you brand new maps full of quality gameplay. The result of their efforts has just been released.

Comprised of 18 maps covering classic gametypes such as Assault, Bombing Run, Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, and Vehicle Capture the Flag, the mappack is aimed to please both the eye, and the itchy flak-finger. You’ll find yourself hurtling down industrial corridors, dodging between castle fortifications, leaping down mineshafts, worshiping at a Nali Temple, and trying to battle your way out of Hell itself.

The team has also assembled some bonus materials for you. Visit our downloads page and grab some 35 wallpapers so you can put your favorite map on your desktop. You could also install 34 all-new loading screens to gaze upon as you load the next map. For the mappers, we have 148 new textures and 83 new meshes for you.

We hope the Unreal Community – The Ultimate Community – the community that spawned this team, enjoys our efforts as much as we enjoyed making the maps. If you have a server that is going to be running the mappack, please drop us a line on our forums and let us know. We’d love to post the info so that players can know where to go to play. Also, if you’re a mapper and have used the static mesh and texture packages from our first release, let us know – we may just feature your map on our site.

We will be running a server for your enjoyment this weekend. IP:
    IP: 67.160.167.164:13. Feel free to join us anytime.

While you’re downloading the mappack, come and visit us on the UCMP website, on our Forums, or join us in chat: irc://irc.quakenet.org/#ucmp

A list of download mirrors is available on the downloads page of the UCMP site.

And also here:

BeyondUnreal
    Kaotic Associations
    Mapraider
    Mapraider Torrent
    Gnutella Magnet
    UnrealPlayground

Thank you,
    The UCMP Team.

UCMP2: ‘AbNormal Mapped’ is dedicated to MichaelM – without whom, we would not be a team, nor would the community have these maps.

For more information contact ArcadiaVincennes at: vincennes999 (at) yahoo.com or try the team at: ucmpteam (at) yahoo.com

Loading Screens:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Wallpapers:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Screenshots:

MSgt. Shooter Person

MSgt. Shooter Person

MSgt. Shooter Person

OMG!!!! :heart:

***Pisses himself*** :bulb:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Big file... Very big.... But if the first one was any indication, this will be worth the 1 hour and 47 minute wait (Gah, I hate satillite.)

Fizziest

Ill check it out for sure. Looks are all well and good but game play has to remain King.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Downloading, pacing.. drooling.

Gimmie 20mins and I'll be looking for ppl online hosting these bad boys! Anyone here that could hot a server featuring these maps?or heard of any servers?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by IdentityStolen
    Big file... Very big.... But if the first one was any indication, this will be worth the 1 hour and 47 minute wait (Gah, I hate satillite.)
    GOOD GRIEF!! My download time is only 6 minutes. You need cable!! :noob:

MSgt. Shooter Person

I live in the middle of nowhere, cable doesn't come out here. Its a choice between dail-up or satillite.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Updated first post:

We're running a server hosting the UCMP maps for the week-end...
    IP: 67.160.167.164:13

Id you load the maps on a server, please visit our Forums and drop the IP into the server thread...

Thanks!

-AV

Iron Guard

downloading now...

Iron Guard

Looks sweet downloading now... The critter in the fire picture looks like something from Baldur's Gate, lol.

Redeemer

Originally posted by =Vector=
    downloading now...
    Author of DM-Ironside, DM-Before-BC/After-AC, DM-EarlyDawn, DM-1on1-Slippy, SFTDM-Operation-BlueNoon, DM-FieryAtoll
    For more information and to visit my blog click HERE

Veteran

[ut2004]72.29.117.208:7777[/ut2004]

will be running DM ones here as soon as I can dl/upload.

Palace Guard
    In the middle of a minefield. Please send help.

It's D&D here.

(Drool and Download)
    If it wasn't for the character limit in signatures, you'd be reading a very fascinating story about the seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses floating around in hangar ninety six. Marathon rules.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Another map-pack to depress us noob mappers.

Downloading...

:up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by bot_deform
    Another map-pack to depress us noob mappers.

Downloading...

:up:
    Hahaha so true...

downloading...drooling...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well, I took a peek at all the maps...

WOW!! :up: :up:

1v1 domination!! What a slaughter!

Not much else I can say here. I am speachless.. These are QUALITY maps! A must for all UT2k4 players.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow,

DM heaven...

:up: :up:

Redeemer

I can hardly believe it's released.

Fizziest

Played through the whole pack, it’s got some awesome maps with awesome game play and looks. The one map that stands out for me and simply is industry material was AS-UCMP2-Cruciatus, this map was so dam cool and exciting I was like OMG.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Good release ...

Oh yea and thanks ... you reminded me that i have to make a map every so often ...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IfItMovesKillIt

Nice :up:
    Johnny Magnum Custom Skin Used:View | Team Skins:View | Download:Link | NBS
    Trailboss3 at Gmail dot com
    Google

MSgt. Shooter Person

Congratulations UCMP team! Well done on releasing the second map pack. I'm just sorry I couldn't be a part of this one. Maybe the 3rd or possibly the 4th...?

I'm in the process of downloading the map pack now (1 hour to go, damn you 512k!) and will post feedback for each map on the UCMP forums.

For now though, I'm off to bed. Working 12 hours in a day really takes it out of you!

As for everyone concerned with UCMP 2, well done! I'm sure this map pack will be great!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Congrats UCMP team!! well done. this pack has some great maps. few of the CTF lack in frams, but overall it's a good pack.
    i play tested each one for few minutes, and the only problem i found so far was with DM-UCMP2-Thebes . there happens to be a BSP hole glitch where the 2 statues are. i'll be playing most of the maps tonight, if i happen to find anything else i'll let ya'll know keep up the great work guys!

Iron Guard

Played it all, *LOVE* it all, will comment more on all of it later, but one little thing os giving me trouble - On the assault map, after the power core or the very first objective is completed, the bots on the attacking or red team, just stayed in place. They blocked the spawn points too.

Everything else is perfect. I really like the assault map (what I got to play). Very nice intro movie, good theme too (at least a theme I totally dig). I just wish the bots wouldn't lock up after the first objective was completed.
    Sinnthetika is pronounced: Synthetica

Palace Guard

HOLY ****!!

I was just call it a night after playing 4 hours of UT than this holy crap !! I don't think i'll be sleeping tonight!
    "Yes, BattleFront 2 looks cool. However, the ability to capture a command post is insignificant next to the power to capture an entire planet."

Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.

Project Leader of UT3Dom (Domination).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Question

Nice..........
    Just got the new map pack and have been testing it out, and will be adding some to my server.

Fizziest

Originally posted by Sinnthetika
    Everything else is perfect. I really like the assault map (what I got to play). Very nice intro movie, good theme too (at least a theme I totally dig). I just wish the bots wouldn't lock up after the first objective was completed.
    I completely agree the Assault map owns period.

But the bots work amazingly well on my end.

Iron Guard

hmm after the first objective and maybe cause the bots are set to god or whatever the ultimate setting is, might be the problem. What happens is we get the first objective and most everyones dead. they respawn to proceed to objective 2 but they stay in that first hallway (the red team). The Blue team is on the other side of that all waiting too. Some of the bots spawn and stay in the little cages up in the walls, and if I spawn in one with them, I get blocked from exiting unless I push really hard heh. Not sure why they are doing that. I'll try to lower the bots to experienced or one lower then the highest and see what happens.

I can take screens of what's going on, it keeps happening but a movie would be better, but I don't have a totally clean iinstall to do the demo. Maybe it's a mutator but I never saw it happen before. Visually and thematically the map is totally badass. I waited for something just like this for so long, and here it is. I am happy. I'll play around with bot options and see what I can come up with.

Prisoner 849

[still havent found a smiley which can express this feeling]
    downloading

Palace Guard
    In the middle of a minefield. Please send help.

You really shouldn't play the assault map 2 on the morning. Trust me on that one.
    If it wasn't for the character limit in signatures, you'd be reading a very fascinating story about the seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses floating around in hangar ninety six. Marathon rules.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by Sinnthetika
    hmm after the first objective and maybe cause the bots are set to god or whatever the ultimate setting is, might be the problem. What happens is we get the first objective and most everyones dead. they respawn to proceed to objective 2 but they stay in that first hallway (the red team). The Blue team is on the other side of that all waiting too. Some of the bots spawn and stay in the little cages up in the walls, and if I spawn in one with them, I get blocked from exiting unless I push really hard heh. Not sure why they are doing that. I'll try to lower the bots to experienced or one lower then the highest and see what happens.

I can take screens of what's going on, it keeps happening but a movie would be better, but I don't have a totally clean iinstall to do the demo. Maybe it's a mutator but I never saw it happen before. Visually and thematically the map is totally badass. I waited for something just like this for so long, and here it is. I am happy. I'll play around with bot options and see what I can come up with.
    I am sorry to hear that Sinnthetika - our apologies. Have you tried shieldgunning them out of your way? Maybe if they fall out they'll get the message? We would certainly appreciate video if you could. Since you say your install is no longer clean and therefore UTDemo is, out, may I reccomend Fraps to supplant your video capture?
    Feel free to contact me here at Atari, or by email or on the UCMP forums if you're willing to pursue this.

Thanks for the feedback!

And thanks to everyone else so far who's given it a try!

Iron Guard

I'd just like to show you what's happening. I can shield gun them but they seem to stick. I think what happens is after we achieve the first objective, everyone is about wiped out and respawns. At the same time the opposing team is coming down the hall on the opposite wall. It seems to put them in a stasis. I will try to record a quick video, hopefully it can help you out.

Don't get me wrong either, i love all the maps. I played everything to death and I was going to post some lengthy review later... if the site i worked off still had the old staff picks working which was an important feature for me, I'd have picked this for sure. I love the theme of this assault map. It's everything I could have wanted. Just this small little bot issue.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I will try to get a demo recorded and send it to you. I see you use YM, so I can send it over that.

update: Actually I had apoc matrix moves mutator on. I thought I didn't but it was on. I disabled that and everything seems to be okay. Ocassionally I am seeing a bot get stuck in the cages they spawn but at least now they aren't standing around, they move. I suppose some conflict was happening there with that mutator. I'll play a few more matches to see.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm hosting all the DM UCMP2 maps on my server as well.

[ut2004]ut2004://64.154.38.209:7777[/ut2004]

Now with 100% more working link.
    Last edited by legacy-Lethargy; 10-09-2005 at 03:08 PM.

Fizziest

I am sorry but Sinnthetika is correct. The first 2 or 3 games i did all the work rushed in there and killed every thing. So I stayed back this time and watched the bots they seem to site there and do what Sinnthetika said.

I must have been on another planet and not even noticed that.

Skaarj

<Author of AS-UCMP2-Cruciatus.

Thanks for the comments on my assault map, it was possibly the hardest map i've made to date (and in extreme contrast to ONS-UCMP-ABC from our first map pack).
    Yes, the bots can sometimes be a bit doughy but i put that down to Assault pathing in general and the type of objectives i opted for.

Iron Guard

Originally posted by Die4Honor
    I am sorry but Sinnthetika is correct. The first 2 or 3 games i did all the work rushed in there and killed every thing. So I stayed back this time and watched the bots they seem to site there and do what Sinnthetika said.

I must have been on another planet and not even noticed that.
    I removed a mutator and they stopped doing it. Then I just played another match again and they were blocking and gyrating at the edges of the little cages you come out of. 3 bots stood in the entry hall, didn't move, didn't look around, just sort of froze look, almost like they were players chatting.

It seems maybe it wasn't that mutator then. I don't know. Some matchs they participate, others they get stuck. Seems to depend on how the very firstl objective is completed.

I love that assault map to death LordSimeon, just have to restart the match if I get that issue and usually it's okay.

The whole mappack is decent. This was well worth the wait.

Skaarj

Thanks again
    Yeah, this pack rocks. It's great to work with such a talented bunch of peeps.

Iron Guard

THe bots were pretty dumb for the defense and stayed in one spots for the most part on the AS level.

Though I have to say that AS level is really funny I laughed all the way through it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast