Iron Guard

Voice Pack creation tutorial v0.2

Name: Lopar-XL's Unreal Tournament 2004 Voice Pack Tutorial
    Version: 0.2
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description: This is a tutorial in .PDF format on how to make Voice Packs for Unreal Tournament 2004. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view it.
    Comments: I'm new at this sort of thing, so please bear with me. I haven't figured out how to put HTML links in the document, though. Newer versions will look much better. I'm also thinking about making a voice library with sound clips of me using one of my character voices and saying all kinds of stuff, so you can use it for practice, machinima, single-player mods or whatever.
    Screenshot: N/A
    Credits: A full list can be found in the document, but I want to especially thank Areala and [ZDB]Stoerenfried for making the tutorials and tweaking guides for the first UT game. They cleard away the cloud of confusion I felt when opeing up UED for the first time all those years ago.
    Homepage: Nation Narrow Net and Community Voice Pack (Yeah, I know, still under construction...)
    Download: Nation Narrow Net

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Smile Tutorial backup!

Sorry for bumping this thread. Take note that the first download link is no longer available forever. I will reviving this tutorial for good, instead, hosted by Dropbox. The tutorial is an HTML document format I created and it was written in HTML5, but the tutorial is unfinished yet. Soon, I will include screenshots, a collection of sample audio files for learning how to make your own VP and perhaps a Video Training Module.

http://tuxandroidbase.altervista.org...Tutorial.shtml

Have fun making voice packs!

Cordially,
    Tux Android
    Last edited by Private Tux; 08-04-2012 at 09:32 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

That's very nice

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Blade_hunter View Post
    That's very nice
    Well THX.

it was written in HTML5
    no it wasn't
    it uses the XHTML Transitional doctype, so it was written in XHTML
    why did you even mentioned it?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by UnShame View Post
    no it wasn't
    it uses the XHTML Transitional doctype, so it was written in XHTML
    why did you even mentioned it?
    Oops, lol, my bad, I was in a hurry to posting the new link earlier, although voice pack categories on my sig was written in HTML5, also my own upcoming homepage instead of Google Sites. Thanks for correcting me, man.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WICKEDHQ PSN ID: unrealloco

nice tux
    heres original file from post
    UT2004-VP-Tutorial--v02.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by legacy-Lopar-XL View Post
    Name: Lopar-XL's Unreal Tournament 2004 Voice Pack Tutorial
    Version: 0.2
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description: This is a tutorial in .PDF format on how to make Voice Packs for Unreal Tournament 2004. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view it.
    Comments: I'm new at this sort of thing, so please bear with me. I haven't figured out how to put HTML links in the document, though. Newer versions will look much better. I'm also thinking about making a voice library with sound clips of me using one of my character voices and saying all kinds of stuff, so you can use it for practice, machinima, single-player mods or whatever.
    Screenshot: N/A
    Credits: A full list can be found in the document, but I want to especially thank Areala and [ZDB]Stoerenfried for making the tutorials and tweaking guides for the first UT game. They cleard away the cloud of confusion I felt when opeing up UED for the first time all those years ago.
    Homepage: Nation Narrow Net and Community Voice Pack (Yeah, I know, still under construction...)
    Download: Nation Narrow Net

Redeemer

You're welcome unrealloco. And you got reviving the Lopar-XL's original PDF file, you've manage it for that mate.

Redeemer

Updated my second post by changing the tutorial link, goes to my site now. Written in HTML5.

i tried to create a voicepack, put some sounds and compiled the package, but it doesn't show up ingame
    is it just because there's a lack of most sounds or i'm doing something wrong?

Redeemer

Now don't take me wrong, but isn't this tutorial obsolete with regards to the "UT2k4 Voice Packager" tool?
    Béla Andràs Benedek Voicepack
    Anthony Cole Voicepack (both are Characters from the real-time strategy game "Paraworld") New mirrors thanks to Tux Android!

Extended Robot Voice

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by UnShame View Post
    i tried to create a voicepack, put some sounds and compiled the package, but it doesn't show up ingame
    is it just because there's a lack of most sounds or i'm doing something wrong?
    Did you include the abbreviations and strings in the Acks, FFires, and Taunts section(s)? OR if your sound WAV files are low or being quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
    Now don't take me wrong, but isn't this tutorial obsolete with regards to the "UT2k4 Voice Packager" tool?
    It's on the text. You just literally skip the others though if you use the Voice Packager in easy way. Except that, I included the other steps that is to make the voice of yourself using your microphone (or with some essential equipments or use with text-to-speech synthesizer). I'm not a voice artist (but thinking in the future though), I wanted to make something new of mine. Lopar-XL made the VPs of himself using his delinquent robotic (i.e. Obsol33t and Sentinel) and tough voice (i.e. Zach the Hick and Gunslinger).