Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Redeemer

Default YARM / TD Vehicle Pack UPDATE Released June 30 2012 [BETA Ver 125][DL][PICS]

Name: TD Warfare Vehicle Pack
    Version: 125, 30 June 2012
    Compatibility: Compatible with standard UT2K4
    Description: A HMMWV, IFAV Assault Jeep, Recon Motorcycle, Scout motorcycle (w/ Sidecar and machine gun), Main Battle Tank, Hound MI4 Helicopter, Raven Helicopter (based on a Black Hawk), AH-6/MH-6 Helicopters, and MH-53 Transport Helicopter (very large!!).

HMMWV is armed with a Fifty cal. machine gun and can carry three additional passengers (for a total of 5, either good for assaults, or quite a death trap! ). An alternate version ("HMMWV GL") is included which has a Mk19 Auto-Grenade Launcher for the turret instead.

Interim Fast Attack Vehicle (IFAV) is armed with an M240 machine gun and can carry a total of three players (similar speed to the scorpion).

Recon motorcycle is unarmed, but makes up for it in speed. The scout motorcycle is the same as the Recon but has a sidecar with machine gun.

MBT90 Tank has both its main cannon and coaxial machine gun for the driver and a top mounted Fifty cal M2 machine gun for a gunner. Two versions, "_tracked" version has an independent suspension (the tracks conform to the terrain)

Hound MI4 Helicopter (not pictured) can carry two passengers plus two Door Gunners armed with M240D machine guns.

UH-60 Helicopter (Blackhawk) has two door gunners (each with their own minigun) and side mounted missile launchers for use by the pilot ("dumb" rapid fire missile pod, and Air-to-Air seeking missiles)

AH-6 Helicopter has pilot controlled minigun and missile pod, while co-pilot controls a 25mm cannon.

MH-6 Helicopter Unarmed helicopter used to rapidly transport assault teams across maps. The "Alt" version allows human players to fire their own weapons while riding on the side benches of the helicopter.

MH-53 Helicopter has two door gunners (each with their own minigun) and the ability to pick up ground vehicles (except the tanks and Leviathan). Can hold up 6 passengers in seats, or however many can fit in the back cargo area. The tail ramp lowers to let players off whenever the helicopter slows down to a very slow speed or is traveling low to the ground.

Comments: I could not find too many realistic vehicles that did not come with a TC mod (requiring a huge download) so I made a few of my own. I designed them with VCTF in mind. They are somewhat lowpoly, so be warned Please leave feedback (especially regarding handling etc)

[EDIT] June 30 2012: Added MH-53 Helicopter capable of picking up vehicles and transporting them (read the readme file for directions). Increased texture resolution of the MBT90 Tank, also adjusted the windows on the helicopter models (MH/AH-6 and the Blackhawk).

Screenshots:
    UH-60 Helicopter AH-6 Helicopter

Battle Tank , HMMWV , IFAV Jeep , Motorcycle MH-53 Helicopter

Credits: Me (models, textures, some custom code), and some help on the BeyondUnreal coding forums. The UH-60/MH-53 control console texture was found on a website about Military Copters.
    Homepage:none
    Download: ZIP format:http://www.gamefront.com/files/21925..._Jun302012_zip
    Last edited by meowcat; 06-30-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: New Version Posted June 30 2012!
    "What do you mean it doesn't exist clientside?"
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Meowcat's Mods for UT2K4:
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Nice!

Is it me, or are the skins in the top screenie of lower resolution than the others?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Allrighty - thanks for working on vehicles! I like the looks of these and I personally don't mind lower-poly. Bring on the fun!

Boomshot

Yay, i like the last pic with the flag!

Iron Guard

Cool stuff! :up:

I'd make them a bit more Dirty, though!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Oooh, nice ones! i can't wait until a release! :up:

Iron Guard

They look nice, but I agree on looking dirtier.

I've been out of UT for a while now, but I'm comming back (again). When I was first here ppl wondering how to do motobike physics, how did you acheive it?

Redeemer

I will see about "dirtying" up the skins a bit.

@pyrotechnic: Well I tried a lot of different wheel and physics setups. I finally settled on the "trike" setup (albeit VERY narrow). While not exactly like a bike, it works well enough, allows me to perform sharp turns, and helped reduce the annoying roll oscillations typical when performing tight turns.

I have one wheel in the front (with a slightly larger wheel radius than the back two wheels), powered. I have two wheels in the back, powered, each about 5 units to the left and right of center. The center of mass is set low and forward (to apply a little bit more force to the front tire to provide steering). The main trick to keep the thing balanced (even when I was using two wheels) was to set the upright stiffness and damping. Those two karma settings did the most to keep the roll oscillations to a minimum. Another important setting was to lower the chassisTorqueScale down to about 0.01. This unfortunately keeps the you from doing wheelies easily, but greatly improves the steering because the front tire is kept in contact with the ground most of the time. I could probably get two wheel physics working now, but three wheels allowed the best control and traction. Right now it does not roll that much, but that can be adjusted by changing the StayUprightStiffness.
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Iron Guard

Cool, cheers :up:.

Palace Guard

Originally posted by Xyx
    Nice!

Is it me, or are the skins in the top screenie of lower resolution than the others?
    I think your right about that Xyx

So any idea on when this baby is gonna be released?:alien: :alien:
    "Yes, BattleFront 2 looks cool. However, the ability to capture a command post is insignificant next to the power to capture an entire planet."

Avid supporter of RuneStorms "Ballistic Weapons" mod.

Project Leader of UT3Dom (Domination).

Redeemer

@Xyx & Mr. Uglypants: yeah I cut a few of those shots down in PSP to lower the memory they would take up on my website.

Been testing with a friend of mine online with my other mod (YARM). No large online bugs noticed. I should be able release the alpha on either Sunday or Monday (hopefully) after I have tweaked the skins a bit more. Download size looks to be under 5Mb zipped.

[Edit] version 108 released
    Last edited by meowcat; 03-27-2005 at 09:28 PM.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Default may I have Zip version too not UT4MOD ?

I want to Zip version to instal so ....
    please ?
    thank you :heart:
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

Redeemer

looks great except make the mercedes-benz sign on the grill a different color from the grille so it is more destinguishable. overall nice job:up:

Boomshot

DownLoading...

Redeemer

@buffytheSlayer: Lucky for you I still have enough web space
    check the link at the top for the nonUmod version.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Default thank you ! sweet !

Originally posted by meowcat
    @buffytheSlayer: Lucky for you I still have enough web space
    check the link at the top for the nonUmod version.
    :heart: :up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

The humer and the other vehicle are fantastic but i cant seem to get the bike to work. It just crashes my game when i try to get on it.

Just a minor thing but when you use the pasanger seat on the green vehicle is says Hummer passanger seat

Not being critical im just trying to add to the final release

Dont suppoe you know any tutorials that can tell you how to make a vehicle, I can already work in maya .

Hope that helps :noob:

Iron Guard

Nice. The lights on the Ithingy need moving, the guns seem to be very weak (the Goliath MG's do 17 damage) and the bike is very hard to steer with the mouse IMO. Other than those minor points, well done :up:.

Redeemer

@ J112: are you using any other mods or mutes when you try to get on the motorcycle? Also if it happens again could you post the part of your ut2004.log file where the errors are listed.
    @Pyrotechnic: Yeah, I adjusted some of the KBparams just before I released it to give the motorbike a slightly "looser" feel, but unfortunately the control is not as good. I will probably release a few variations of the motorbike (code only) with 2-3 more physics variations to see what everybody likes the best.
    Last edited by meowcat; 03-28-2005 at 11:31 PM.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

[QUOTE]Originally posted by meowcat
    @ J112: are you using any other mods or mutes when you try to get on the motorcycle? Also if it happens again could you post the part of your ut2004.log file where the errors are listed.[/Quote}

Yea sure no prob and no im not useing any other mods

Boomshot

Here are some Pics:

YAY :alien::up:

Redeemer

Hey eviL<3, which vctf map is that? does it have bot support?
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Boomshot

Hey eviL<3, which vctf map is that? does it have bot support?
    Its on ONS-Surripere-r1 using -=Musc@ts=-'s MapConverter CTF 1.07 --- {DownLoad - 1|2}

:up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Does no one know of a good tut telling u how to make a simple vehicle in maya

Boomshot

Originally posted by J112
    Does no one know of a good tut telling u how to make a simple vehicle in maya
    http://www.unrealwiki.com/wiki/Topics_On_Modeling

That's all that I could find .

(EDIT) BUT: Please stay On-Topic!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Sweet!

Dude, I love these! It's great to see some vehicles that don't completely unbalance things, just add some nifty conventional variety. Nice WWII skins, too.

Yanno, this is why maps need like 10 different types of vehicles, not 4 or 5 -- so you can have much more richness to a game, not just the otherwise inevitable Manta/Goliath/Raptor showcase.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well, these are officially my favorite vehicles to play with now.
    A few things though, aside from the textures:

1. The front and brake lights are a bit off (like they're still in the Hellbender position, off the vehicles).

2. The hummer is actually called a "Humvee". Hummers are the dumbed down versions of humvees for the public.

3. I know you purposely made them lowpoly, but the jeep and humvee could use some small details on the. IE, antennas, small lights, etc. (Here's a pictured I just googled, showing a higher-poly humvee for some inspiration)

4. The only thing that could make these better (playwise), would be if the passengers could fire out the doorways (or off the back of the bike) with their regular weapons (I think I saw UT2004Addict say he knew how to do this, in another thread. You should try asking about it)

Redeemer

@MisterTrioxin: Thanks for the feedback! One of these days I will get around to putting out the next version.
    1. Somebody else had metioned this as well, and I could not figure out what either of you were talking about until I turned on corona rendering in the advanced properties, so yes thank you for pointing that out, it will most definitely be fixed wish I figured that out sooner!

2. yeah I know the actual acronym is hmmwv , I will change it as well (amost as bad a TRAM-> Tire Rotational, Articulated Movement or RTCH-> Rough Terrain Cargo Handler)

3. Yeah, I will probably add some more minor details like that (the lights are definitely needed and the antennas are a good idea!), if you got any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

4. I actually had it so that the players could fire their vehicles from the doorway but removed it for various reasons (I actually still have a version in the mod that can be summoned I think). Among the numerous problems involved with that is:
    - Hit detection from/in the vehicle (the passenger's shots collide with the vehicle itself)
    - The pawn code automatically hides the player's third person weapon when they start driving
    - there is no clean way (without completely reprogramming lots and lots of code) to get the bots to even get in as passengers and fire their weapons (I certainly tried though!)

I coded passable solutions to the first two, but not the third. So instead of including a somewhat passable solution, I opted to remove it altogether.
    [EDIT] Ok I got an acceptable passenger system ready to go where by the passengers will be able to fire their own weapons while riding in the vehcles. This will be in the next version
    Last edited by meowcat; 04-24-2005 at 07:31 PM.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool cool. Can't wait for the next version.

I forgot to add this to list, but could you make it so that when the Humvee gets hit and the gunner dies, one of the bots still alive in it move to the gunners position? Right now, they just stay in the back seats.

On that note, I noticed that bots like to stay in the back seats even when the driver gets out (which won't be as much oif a problem when they can actually shoot from there, but it'd still be best if they hopped out).

Also, a number of times I saw bots hop onto the backseat of the bike (with no driver), sit there for a few minutes, hop off, then get back on and do it again.

Oh, and if you do add antennas, be sure to make it so they just pass through things, so that you don't end up getting stuck or doing a wheely while trying to go under a bridge, etc.

Redeemer

I spent quite a while trying to get the bots to not do the stupid "jump on the back seat of the motorcycle and sit there" thing, but to no avail. Anyways, with the new version, even though passengers will be able to shoot their own weapons from the passenger seats, I do not think that I will be able to get the bots to actually fire their weapons. Part of the way bots select to even get in vehicles is based on what weapon is available on the vehicle. I might be able to fake it so that the bots will hop on, but it will be just as bad as they currently are in the passenger seats.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool! I whipped up some similar passenger code as well.

Bots are such a pain in the butt with vehicles. I feel your pain.

I spent quite a while trying to get the bots to not do the stupid "jump on the back seat of the motorcycle and sit there" thing, but to no avail. Anyways, with the new version, even though passengers will be able to shoot their own weapons from the passenger seats, I do not think that I will be able to get the bots to actually fire their weapons. Part of the way bots select to even get in vehicles is based on what weapon is available on the vehicle. I might be able to fake it so that the bots will hop on, but it will be just as bad as they currently are in the passenger seats.

Redeemer

Well its been over two years since I worked on this vehicle pack. Since UT3 will be out soon, my job is consuming an ever greater amount of my time, and because I felt I needed to finish some stuff items, I will be providing at least one last update to this pack.

There will be two new vehicles: A motor cycle with sidecar, and a tank. I will also be including an updated HMMWV model with the CROWS cannon system (ala AA). Some pics of the tank are shown below:
    >>
    >
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer

New version uploaded, see the first post! Main Battle Tank has been added, along with a motorcycle/sidecar combination. Also various model detail /smoothing group tweaks. Please leave feedback!
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HerrGeneral913

Suggestions:

Have the tank be able to shoot smoke grenades out of its launchers.
    Replace the Hound with a Blackhawk.
    In the next version you need an Apache helicopter.
    Add doors to the Hummer.
    Replace the bomber from the target painter with a B2.
    Have an APC type vehicle.
    Replace the SPMA with the M270 MRLS.
    Have a version of the Hummer with a rocket launcher.
    Have new effects for the tank shell explosion.
    Last edited by Herr General; 11-22-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Redeemer

Herr_General: Thanks for the suggestions!
    1. I has been debating whether or not to include smoke grenades for the tank(mainly due to possible performance issues) but I will try it out and maybe at least include it as an option.
    2. Since I've been working on my other mods, I also thought that it would be nice to have a Blackhawk for that as well, so If I get the time I will try to add one.
    3. I will be keeping that version of the HMMWV in, but I will include a fully armored version with a CROWS MK19 grenade launcher on the top (or perhaps TOW Missile).
    4. I might not o far as a B2, but at least some sort of Close Air Support vehicle would be good, this is lower priority but I'll add it to the list
    5. I had thought about APC but when I actually played VCTF/ONS having lots of people in a vehicle was always just a terrible liability. Right now the HMMWV, IFAV, and Hound can carry over 3 people each so they will have to do

I do plan on making a new Tank shell effect (along with new machine gun sounds and muzzle flashes), do you have any suggestions for the tank shell explosion?

As for making any other new vehicles (M270 MRLS) it all depends on how much time I have after finishing up my other YARM work.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HerrGeneral913

As for suggestions about the explosions, a basic explosion I use to test stuff is ONSVehicleExplosionEffect.(though its a bit small) If you add some dirt and maybe make it bigger, it seems like it would work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I like this mod very much.

I've also been thinking about new vehicles for this, and I thought that perhaps the Paladin could become a M1127 Stryker Reconnaissance vehicle?
    Blood, guts, just another day on the job.
    Want to know where the L4Y comes from?

Redeemer

Default Updated version 121 posted, now with Blackhawk helicopter

Here are four pics of the Black Hawk "based" vehicle I'm working on. Right now it has the pilot, two gunners, and the ability for crouched players to climb into the cargo area.

<->

This version shows the Pilot's armaments included (a "dumb" rapid fire missile pod, and air-to-air seeking missiles like those used by the Raptor)
    <->

[EDIT] Uploaded new version, see first post. Sorry, no smoke for the tank yet...
    Last edited by meowcat; 02-07-2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Big Grin wow welcome back from long time !

looks amazing update !

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: "none"

Nice, does it have a black-out mode? Hahaha, sorry, dumb joke. XD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast