Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

I also noticed independent bots that don't have "Cover me" issued to them that hitch a ride in a vehicle don't get out.
    ClassicOuch needs more old female and gib sounds.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MDK1311

First of all this Rocks!!
    Just a small thing that bothers me a bit; when flying the raven and being alone in it, when "switching" to gunner seat, the rotors and engine stops, but the Raven still hovers in mid air. but when switching back to pilot seat the engine restarts and rotor turns again.
    But when switching the passenger seat, engine and rotor stops, but raven falls down.
    Something that would be neat too (but really not necessary), is some "enhanced" skin/texture for the raven with transparency for the windows, and maybe some kind of a "inside-window". (note this is just nit-picking) Keep up the great work!! And you can be sure that I'll be playing your vehicles in my next map(s) ^^

Cordially, MDK
    Lazyness is Effectiveness. It means getting the best by doing the least.

Redeemer

@arbee: I've usually had to re-order the bots to follow me or something to get them to leave the passenger seats sometimes. I may have to add a bit more dumb-dumb code to kick the bots out of the passenger seats when there is no driver.

@ MDK1311: I thought that if i copied the applicable Cicada code over (which keeps it hovering even when the driver is in the gunner position) it kept flying (complete with effects) but that is not the case, and I did try to fix it before, it just was a lot lower on my priority list. I'll try to fix it for the next release. I also agree about the windows, and I might update them but its a lot harder to do some of those finer details in MS3D (also there are all kinds of transparency/alpha layer bugs with windows). I may update later but probably not in the next release.

Here a few screenshots of the AH6 Littlebird (the weapons are not yet final) that will be in the next release. There will also be a troop transport version (MH-6) that will be unarmed and able to carry about six players (pilot, copilot spot and two passengers each side on benches). I might try to make an experimental version where you can shoot your own weapons as passengers, but again no promises...
    <->
    "What do you mean it doesn't exist clientside?"
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Meowcat's Mods for UT2K4:
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Cool

This really rocks! I hope some stupid bots will manage to use these vehicles as expected with the Assault and Onslaught gametype, especially the Vehicle CTF game. Time to knock out on the battlefield as always! I don't know there are any bugs in one of these vehicles (agreed in any posts), I will make feedback in a flow.

Edit: I think you should modify the thread on the BuF so it will may pass on.
    Last edited by Private Tux; 03-09-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Redeemer

That littlebird reminds me of the small attack chopper from GTA4: TBoGT. I like it's look very much, though!

EDIT: I noticed that with Swaptool, there appear to be three MBT vehicles. Though it won't pick the different types, i.e. with independant supsension or not. Could you add a Number or letter to their names so the different versions are selectable?
    Last edited by Baryonyx; 03-11-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Béla Andràs Benedek Voicepack
    Anthony Cole Voicepack (both are Characters from the real-time strategy game "Paraworld") New mirrors thanks to Tux Android!

Extended Robot Voice

Redeemer

@ Tux Android: Thank you for trying these out! I may bother to update the BUF thread once I release the next revision.
    @ Baryonyx: I've given each vehicle a unique name now (including the subclassed versions) so hopefully that should solve the SwapTool "confusion". Does it just say "MBT90" or does it say "MBT90 Tank"? (trying to figure out whether the SwapTool parses using space characters)

Ok I've got the AH-6 Attack and MH-6 Troop Transport copters completed now (weapons, destruction effects etc.) as well as an "experimental" version where the human passengers on the benches can fire their own weapons (will not work for bots).

I've also added a version of the HMMWV (hummer) with MK19 grenade launcher on top instead of the .50 Cal M2 MG (either version is selectable in the mutator), it may be too overpowered once a Bot hops in (they absolutely obliterate infantry and other land-based vehicles with it).

If I get around to re-UVmapping the HMMWV and IFAV, I *might* add an M1097 avenger version of the HMMWV, and a "supply/support" version of the IFAV.
    Last edited by meowcat; 03-11-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer

New version posted, see first post (or my signature) for the link. Changes include:
    1. AH-6 and MH-6 helicopters included (players can shoot their own weapons from the "Alt" version of the MH-6.
    2. HMMWV with Mk19 Grenade Launcher included
    3. Added YARM style bullet hit effects
    4. Slowed down the Raven a little bit to make the MH-6 and AH-6 the better choices for speedy flag attacks
    5. Fixed the Bot passenger code so that they periodically evaluate if there is a better seat to get into.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is there a new update for the YARM yet?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by meowcat View Post
    [...]@ Baryonyx: I've given each vehicle a unique name now (including the subclassed versions) so hopefully that should solve the SwapTool "confusion". Does it just say "MBT90" or does it say "MBT90 Tank"? (trying to figure out whether the SwapTool parses using space characters)
    [...]
    It says "MBT90 Tank", but the newest version made the IS-Version appear correctly, among the other 3 MBT90 Tanks...

I also like the two new helis, although there is one flaw in the MH-6 side seat: Ballistic weapons always think that a wall is in front of them, meaning the long gun shifting is always at max. I don't know if that is fixable, but it works allright with other weapons.
    Anthony Cole Voicepack (both are Characters from the real-time strategy game "Paraworld") New mirrors thanks to Tux Android!

Extended Robot Voice

MSgt. Shooter Person

I couldn't respawn when I was on the bench of that little black helicopter when it blew up.

Redeemer

Thanks for trying the update out everyone!

@Dy1ngs0ul: I keep getting caught-up adding more stuff to YARM (new weapons etc.) so I'm not sure when I'll get the next release out. There are a few single-player type weapons I'm trying to get in before I release the next version (my favorite "human"-type weapons from the original Turok Dino Hunter) as well as some performance improvements dealing with the player models and parkour code. I'd like to say sometime in the next month, but I simply don't know.

@Baryonyx: I'd have to dig into the Ballistic source code to see what kind of trace they are running (extent or non-extent) and from which point. Without having the entire pawn/weapon/controller/vehicle classes already including this kind of system to attach passengers, it gets really tricky to try and hack around it. Can the weapons still fire, and is it only the long guns?

@arbee: Do you know which version of the MH-6 you were using when it locked your spawning (Alt or regular)? The bug you described may have been the reason I removed this feature from the old hummer six years ago...guess I never did fix it.
    Last edited by meowcat; 03-19-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer

Yup, the weapons still fire. They behave exactly like as if there was a wall right in front of the player, in all concerns.

Extended Robot Voice

Skaarj

Okay can someone tell me if it possible in any way to use the YARM player models, outside of the mutator?
    FOLLOW ME!!! I know the way! .....i think?

Redeemer

No. I animated them all with my own custom skeleton so they are not rigged to the standard UT2k4 skeleton and I don't have matching animation sequence names. BTW its nice to see a fellow Washingtonian on the forum!

Is there a specific player model that you would want to use?
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Skaarj

the ones with the boonie caps and the ski masks, camo patterns don't matter much to me mainly i want them to use in ..:..: 's Ut2004 conversion of the Unreal beta maps
    it likes to disable special functions of most any mutator
    UTZone.de this is where the only functional version of that mod is that i been able to find
    Last edited by TalonHunter; 04-14-2012 at 12:13 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

No. I animated them all with my own custom skeleton so they are not rigged to the standard UT2k4 skeleton and I don't have matching animation sequence names. BTW its nice to see a fellow Washingtonian on the forum!

Is there a specific player model that you would want to use?
    Y not all of em or the ones you can do? Just a simple rigging to the stock Skels for normal gameplay would be fine...

Skaarj

one thing you might wanna fix in the next release, the "sights" actually block the view of where you are shooting

Last edited by TalonHunter; 04-22-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Redeemer

Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed it in the version I'm working on now a year or two ago, but I may have missed others (though I thought I did a pretty clean sweep). Try using the console command "ToggleIronSight" a couple of different times to see how it alters how the weapon is aimed.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Skaarj

Thanks, that actually made a big difference (:

MSgt. Shooter Person

How long til newer updates for this mod?

Redeemer

ADy1ngs0ul: Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?

I've been playing with a few special "collision test" versions of the CH47 helicopter to see if I can make it so that players can walk into the back end easier, but it does not seem to work. I attached both a staticmesh collision model actor to the CH46 helicopter (subclassed to be able to move/be attached), but because of the way the native unreal engine handles movement calculations, it would not translate its movements for pawns standing on it. Also tried a subclasses mover with similar, bad, results.

Anyways, still thinking about two more vehicles (APC like the Stryker and its variants (to include an air defense version), and maybe the monster CH53 helicopter with the ability to pickup ground vehicles and transport them). Not sure when though... sorry
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer

Here are a few pics of the MH-53 (CH-53?). Have not done much with it yet (no special features just yet). What I'm thinking of adding is the capability to pick up ground transport vehicles. Right now there are two passenger weapons, and a cargo area that players can stand in while it is being flown around (kind of fun to shoot from the back while the bots are piloting!).

<-> <->
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Helicopter looks great! I also see some new weapons (including the scar)! Keep up the excellent work meowcat! I don't know much about the different types of military copters, but does this one have weapons or is it mainly for transport?
    If you are reading this quote, you have no life. Put this in your signature if you did not read this.
    Stinger Minigun+Flak Cannon=MASSACRE

My Mods: UT2003 Menu Music for UT2004

MSgt. Shooter Person

Meowcat: I don't have any specifications in what I am looking in this mod, it is a great mod, the MiG that you added seems cool, but it is a harrier plane, it hovers like a helicopter but can't fly like a fighter jet, you could use the codes from Airpower mods to make the MiG/Harrier plane fly like an actual plane, that would be cool. I can't tell you what you should do to your mod, you do want you want to do with it, I will still play this mod. New character models would be cool, something like from COD MW3
    I love the look of that MH-53 helicopter

Things I would like to see (these are on my vehicle wishlist I written on my computer, I am a nerd lol)
    AC-130 Spectre Gunship
    Mil Mi 24 Hind
    T-90 Tank
    MRLS
    Apache Gunship

Hopefully when I get better with Blender, I could make these vehicles myself and add them to your YARM mod
    Last edited by Dy1ngs0ul; 06-03-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Right now there are two passenger weapons, and a cargo area that players can stand in while it is being flown around (kind of fun to shoot from the back while the bots are piloting!).
    yeah! i love things like that.
    too bad that the karma physics are so bugged(

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah... the biggest bug I have seen is the one for the MH-6 alt, once I was sitting on the platform things, when I tried to get off, it would not let me :s

May I ask, is that going to be the only vehicle released in the next update? The MH-53, just curious.
    Last edited by Dy1ngs0ul; 06-04-2012 at 07:46 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The regular MH-6 has some ejector problems as well.

It's also easy to rush the flag in ym-sangrevalley with it.

Another use for the MH-6 is to get a bunch of bots to sit in it in invasionpro, drive the MH-6 somewhere out in the open, get into passenger seat, eject. Then, find a car, drive and hide somewhere, notice all the monsters have been piling up UNDER the MH-6, and then proceed to roadkill...

Redeemer

@ Dy1ngs0ul: I'll try to recreate/fix the MH-6 Alt eject bug, but unfortunately can't make any guarantees.
    @ arbee: Yeah, the AH/MH-6 is way too fast for SangreValley. I've been kicking around making an alternative vehicle to swap with the manta.

The other vehicles I'd like to add (though they probably won't be in the next release) are the LAV-25 in two flavors, standard and air-defense, and some sort of ATV (kind of like Halo and BF:BC). I might just release the current version just to get some feedback on the MH53, and then add the other vehicles later.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Don't matter, as long as it is getting released, unlike some people who say they making something, then never release it. Can't wait for new new updates for YARM

MSgt. Shooter Person

How's progress?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I hope the YARM update comes at the same time as this. They both look great so far!
    If you are reading this quote, you have no life. Put this in your signature if you did not read this.
    Stinger Minigun+Flak Cannon=MASSACRE

My Mods: UT2003 Menu Music for UT2004

Redeemer

New version of the vehicle pack has been posted on 30 June 2012, see first post for the link. The only real significant change is the addition of the MH53 Helicopter. I also tweaked the AH/MH-6 and UH-60 helicopter models to give them better windows. The IFAV model was updated slightly to add some tail lights too.

The weather is beginning to get real good out here and the mountains are calling so I'm not sure when I'll get around to posting another update (probably end of the summer unless its only simple bug fixes).
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia
    Last edited by Private Tux; 07-26-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Redeemer

I've been working on some new vehicles over the last two weeks: a Zodiac Raft, an ATV, and two versions of the LAV-25 (Infantry Fighting Vehicle version and and Air Defense version). Here are some pics of the new vehicles and the existing ones in the pack.

I'm hoping to release the next version in a month or so. I still need to finish the "code" side of things for the LAV-25s (weapons code and destruction/explosion effects), though the Zodiac Raft and ATV are basically complete.
    Last edited by meowcat; 01-07-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer

Can't view the pictures in large because my browser is warning me of an invalid safety certificate. O_o

But a LAV-25 sounds nice!

Extended Robot Voice

Redeemer

Imageshack changed their format/layout so the picture links now use an https address rather than the old http. I'll see if I can edit the post a bit.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer

Using firefox it worked. Looks good!

Also, is there a chance that the vehicles could get a camo skin some time? I already tried to modify the MBT skin on my own but as it is mirrored it is hard to get a good result...

Extended Robot Voice

Yes - best way to embed the hires pictures adresses
    (in properties) in [img]...[/img] and ...[/spoiler] codes or
    to attach them direct to the epicgames forums post!
    Last edited by Kaal979; 01-08-2014 at 11:36 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

this vehicle mod is good i liked especiality drive the hammer with TitanRPG i make awesome stunts and awesome tank shells dogdes i was drive fast then jump realy high from the hill and swith to gunner and shoot at the tank with the tiple damage artefact! and yes the H6 attack helicopter... it looks realy weak... his minigun deals realy low damage... same for the missiles... and add to him more HP because he getting destroyed easly with 2 avaril hits and its became realy annoying.
    I dont like the new smilles

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here are a few pics of the MH-53 (CH-53?). Have not done much with it yet (no special features just yet). What I'm thinking of adding is the capability to pick up ground transport vehicles. Right now there are two passenger weapons, and a cargo area that players can stand in while it is being flown around (kind of fun to shoot from the back while the bots are piloting!).

<-> <->
    where you get that weapon mutator mod?
    I dont like the new smilles

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast