MSgt. Shooter Person

Smile The best comebacks

First things first, comebacks are when you are close to losing, but coming back and winning or something close to it. This can be in any competitive gametype. Opposite team comebacks are allowed.

Post your awsome combacks you have experienced while playing UT2004!

Heres a starter:

In ONS-Torlan, our team was owning, we pushed them to their powercore, and damaged it to 2%. Somehow, they retook the base node and the tank node, and fought for the center node. Eventually, we were pushed to our core, and lost the match before overtime commenced. The score was originally 2-1 with 3 to win, meaning that with this win, they reached 2-3. Sadly, this means we lost the entire game, not just the round. UT2004 needs more instances like this, where a team can actually pull itself together, and win a seemingly hopeless match.

The above was in a PUB server, with 20 players, WITHOUT TEAMSWITCHES, and WITHOUT THE DEEMER.

Prisoner 849

Come to Orlando's game convention :up:

Meh, some of the best comebacks I've seen were verbal.

Whiner: You're an ***hole
    Me: I'm not an ***hole, I'm a bastard. If you're going to try to insult me, do it right.
    Whiner: ...
    =+= Custom Crosshair Tutorial is back up! Now hosted by AngelMapper =+=
    -+{ K-Aus ModDB }+-
    -=(Chaotic Dreams)=-

Quote fuegerstef: "When I grow old and my eyes are becoming really, really bad I might add UTComp to it(UT2004)."

Prisoner 849

Or you hear this on mic

That comeback sucked harder than your mom plz

Iron Guard

My fave recent one was on venom vs ne last week.

http://internationaldl.jolt.co.uk/in...ewfile&id=4595

Core down to 17% in about 8 seconds, but thanks to a well placed tank and a node link cut off we went from 2 seconds away from death to victory in the space of 30 seconds. Normally its us that lose like that but for once we managed it!

MSgt. Shooter Person

We scrimmed another clan once and mounted a furious comeback on dawn. We hit their core with literally four shots in the last few seconds to beat them as our core went down to 0. We went silent on teamspeak after one of the cores blew up because we weren't sure who won, chaos ensued after we realized that we won. Best map/game I have ever played.

Redeemer

Originally posted by Kel

Me: I'm not an ***hole, I'm a bastard. If you're going to try to insult me, do it right.
    True enough! :up:
    -Jes- <3 Minecart!

Marrow Fiend

I've had several almost unbelievable comebacks in Severance. Usually happens when the enemy team doesn't bother defending that node, and thinks "Okay, the game is over for them", and then while they're all at our core, with the Levi ready to deploy, the node goes down, and while they're walking back and whatnot, we've already captured half of the nodes and they've lost their Leviathan.

Redeemer

Best comeback ever was the 2004 Boston Red Sox.

Veteran

Originally posted by Kel

:haha::up:
    Also known as Rask — http://www.ottorask.com/

UT3 Levels: CTF-Austere (MSU P3 5th place)

Iron Guard

Don't know if this is a comback or not, but I ALMOST won a handicapped onslaught match, me versus 2 other players. I had thier primary node under fire and almost destroyed........ but BOTH of my connecting nodes went down within the same second. And of course, I lost.

Pretty cool though.

Veteran

Usually my favorite comebacks are when my team is having a tough time at our 1st node, for example on RedPlanet, the other team is attacking, I've advanced to node 2 and have started building it, they take down our node 1, but I keep on building 2 for like 5 minutes fending off random attackers.. finally we get our 1st node built, and of course, me having kept node 2 99% full, I speed off and call the team to attack the enemy's 1st node.. usually it's me and 1 other person who has any clue how to use teamwork, taking down their defenseless node in 5 seconds, then mowing down their powercore while they're still halfway across the map.. buwahaha.
    I run VoxHouse (VHSGames) and the UnrealDB.
    Film & Game producer, using and teaching UDK & Unreal Engine 4. Please stop by and say a good word on my project thread.
    Also feel free to join us on #udkc irc.gamesurge.net or via web: http://myclodel.com to chat live with others in the UDK community.

Boomshot

in a 2v2 against shuuk last week, both me and my teammate went on a killingspree after first blood by them. so it was 10-1 to us, we locked the map completely down, and started building our lead. I Got shot off the beltledge and died, enemy toook belt and never lost control.
    This is the result:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

properly owned by properly oldschool

( the real oldschool players on this forum know what shuuk is, the people that dont know, its the clan that made gitzZz, frag^m, Solo, etc. big, a part is new a part is the old team)

Originally posted by Jes
    True enough! :up:
    The best part?
    I am a bastard in the literal sense(concieved and born out of wedlock)
    So, when someone calls me that, I'm like "Yea, and your point is?"
    =+= Custom Crosshair Tutorial is back up! Now hosted by AngelMapper =+=
    -+{ K-Aus ModDB }+-
    -=(Chaotic Dreams)=-

Quote fuegerstef: "When I grow old and my eyes are becoming really, really bad I might add UTComp to it(UT2004)."

Boomshot

Originally posted by Fnix
    Come to Orlando's game convention :up:
    what game convention?

Iron Guard

Me vs Lotus, GGL Gravity Games, UT2003 1v1 competition, was down 0-7 on Ironic and came back to win 8-7 in OT on the third map of a best 2 out of 3 in the Grand Final!

Redeemer

Originally posted by Kel

:up: :up: :up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

#1 Coming back from 0-9 vs gitzzz on antalus at eswc 2003 to win in OT.

#2 Tex beating me at gravity games as mentioned above

#3 Isn't really a comeback but a real close one...but beating xs-pain at gravity games by 1 point with 1 health as a flakball was about 1 foot from slamming into my face as time ran out=P

#4 xspain coming back vs infinite on dm-compressed at (some lan?). He got like 10 frags in 2 minutes to win it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Scoring an equaliser on face classic at very very last moment sending the game into Overtime then making another capture in over time to win the game 4-3

Infact I had teh enemy flag for 3-4 minutes at our base, fooling enemies who came to get their flag back, while my teammates were trying to get our flag back, our flag was returned when there was one sec left, I captured ^_^

Have a demo of this, this was on some pub server, I was playing with a ping of 230+...

Iron Guard

Originally posted by Lotus
    #1 Coming back from 0-9 vs gitzzz on antalus at eswc 2003 to win in OT.

#2 Tex beating me at gravity games as mentioned above

#3 Isn't really a comeback but a real close one...but beating xs-pain at gravity games by 1 point with 1 health as a flakball was about 1 foot from slamming into my face as time ran out=P

#4 xspain coming back vs infinite on dm-compressed at (some lan?). He got like 10 frags in 2 minutes to win it.
    Ya that comeback you had on GitzZz was pure rage, and #4 was at IGL Winter, rofl @ inf losing that match, just hilarious.

Iron Guard

Damn...
    My matches never end in comebacks.
    The game is always either really close or one gets slaughtered with no hope at all.