MSgt. Shooter Person

Wink Headhunterrifle Mk2

Name:

Headhunter Rifle

Version:

Compatibility:

UT2004 ver. 3339
    Not compatible to any weaponmodifier mutators.

Description:

The Weapon fires high speed plasma projectiles with some nice hiteffects and 7 different possibilities to hurt a player. If you are close enough, the projectile goes right through your enemy. Secondary is a full onscreen configurable zoom, to configure the zoom press F1 when zoomed to unhide the onscreen zoom options. Configurable via key in zoommode: instant zoom, autozoom level, predictionindicator. The weapon and its projectiles doesn't work in watervolumes. Choose between normal and explosive ammo pickups with the Onslaught friendly arenamutator with options to keep the Linkgun and or the Shieldgun, or a replacement mutator to replace any weapon in game, both have options for explosive ammo.

Comments:

Predictionindicator is only toggled after respawn.
    It is strictly recommended to deinstall all previos versions!!

Credits:

Thanks Wormbo for the zoomcode! :up:
    Thanks for the several headups, Mr.Evil. :up:

Homepage:

Download:

zip
    umod

Screenshot:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Last edited by legacy-Gobi; 08-18-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Palace Guard

i download like hell! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Redeemer

Seriously this gun rocks - it's very proffesionally done and I love the zoom hud, though it would be nice to be able to just toggle it like the LG zoom.

Slightly boring texturing but that's not really too important :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by VenomZER0
    Seriously this gun rocks - it's very proffesionally done and I love the zoom hud, though it would be nice to be able to just toggle it like the LG zoom.

Slightly boring texturing but that's not really too important :P
    Thanks

You can switch off all automated zoom functions pressing F1 (4th screenshot) in zoom mode to unhide the onscreen config then pressing F2 in zoom mode to toggle instant zoom, F3 to toggle auto zoom level, F4... as shown on right top.
    Last edited by legacy-Gobi; 02-17-2005 at 11:51 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

you know i never d/l'ed this just because it was ONE gun, but one day i was bored so i got it anyway, and am i sorry
    the tex is a bit on the plainside (aced model though), the target following (cheaters scope) does seam to be looking for crotch shots as aposted headshots ^_^ and i would like to beable to mod the projo speed in the mut (damn manta stay still), but all that aside this is better than most of the weps mods out there

*looks at unreal forever and remote strike* :up:

Iron Guard

Strangelove and this one arn't compatable

MSgt. Shooter Person

Oh, man, I am downloading ASAP!!!! :up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool gun, the fact it can take out a manta in 3 or 4 hits is nice. The custom zoom with all the options is awesome. I love the little circle thingy to help with leading the target, which normally I really, really suck at.

Iron Guard

The gun doesn't deal any damage. Zero. I've emptied whole clips into bots without taking a single HP, and vice versa. Only at point blank range do you sometimes suddenly score a one-shot kill. WTF? Apparently I'm the only one who has this problem, as no one has mentioned it (yet) in the thread. I've used both WoRM and the gun's own mut and got exactly the same results. The umod installed fine and everything works except the damage. No other weapon has, or ever had, this problem afaik. Anyone know what's going on here?

Also, what are the '7 different possibilities to hurt a player'? Only one is mentioned in the description...

[edit] Nevermind, looks like the gun is WeaponStuff incompatible (even if you don't actually tweak its settings). This is an annoying bug, though, as I use the WS mut all the time. Any chance of fixing it?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by 4TX4

Also, what are the '7 different possibilities to hurt a player'? Only one is mentioned in the description...

[edit] Nevermind, looks like the gun is WeaponStuff incompatible (even if you don't actually tweak its settings). This is an annoying bug, though, as I use the WS mut all the time. Any chance of fixing it?
    The damagecalculation is part of the projectile code, thats the reason of incompability to any weaponmodifier mutators. But thats the only way to handle the 8 different damageclasses in one projectile. Until now no bugs are reported.

Skaarj

:alien: a brand new experience to play around with :alien:

MSgt. Shooter Person

BTW Update! Version 1.3 available.
    Zoomfactor in autozoommode limited to factor 5 for better performance.Changed the name to Plasmarifle.

Redeemer

Noooooo! Back to headhunter! Now!!!! I was having waaaaaaaaaaaay to much fun camping the hell out of adept bots on face classic! Name must be changed back!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by <=N1GHTW1SH=>
    Noooooo! Back to headhunter! Now!!!! I was having waaaaaaaaaaaay to much fun camping the hell out of adept bots on face classic! Name must be changed back!!!
    Maybe you are right in this point, made a version 1.3 with the old name .
    Last edited by legacy-Gobi; 08-18-2005 at 12:31 PM.

Redeemer

ya... plasma rifle just sounds so... boring

compare...

Plasma rifle and HeadHunter Rifle MK2!!!111!!!

Iron Guard

Originally posted by Gobi
    The damagecalculation is part of the projectile code, thats the reason of incompability to any weaponmodifier mutators. But thats the only way to handle the 8 different damageclasses in one projectile.
    OK, just wish the plasmaballs were a bit faster (actually more than a bit...). It's pretty damn difficult to hit someone at longer ranges, especially if they're spraying you with hitscan.

Maybe faster projectiles but slightly lower ROF in zoom mode would be a reasonable compromise?

A 2 or 3-shot burst option (selectable via the zoom menu?) in unscoped mode would also be rather cool, btw. Headhunter Rifle MkIII / SE?