Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Iron Guard

Originally posted by meowcat
    I may update Tango Down a bit, but I already have too many "irons in the fire",
    Well, should you find the time, I'd really like to see a Ruger AC-556:

The distinctive feature of this Mini-14 variant is that it has 3 firemodes: semi, burst & full auto. Also it can be fitted with a bayonet. It would work like this: prim = fire, alt = cycle firemode. Maybe a bayonet melee attack could also be added (relatively simple compared to the bludgeoning moves), it too would be selectable via alt.

A gun like this would be WICKED SICK!!! :up::up::up: (imho )

Pics / description1, pics / description2.

What other thoughts or suggestions do you all have?
    Could you tweak the scoped Y.A.R.M. guns (or at least the upcoming scoped M-14) so that alt = zoom, and keybind = melee attack? This is significantly user-friendlier than the other way around...
    Last edited by legacy-4TX4; 06-27-2005 at 08:16 PM.

Iron Guard

Any news?

Redeemer

@4TX4: I started a new job about three weeks ago. Not as much time to work on stuff now. I am still trying to work on a way to make the zoom function bindable to a different key for the Sniper Rifles (a "clean" way that is client side configurable), but don't count on it for the next release 'cause I will have to do all kinds of network testing first. The ruger ac556 wont be in YARM (sorry!) but if you did happen to know anyone who had it modelled and animated, it is really easy to make addon packs to YARM.

Anyways, I've been tinkering with some different player classes and skins for team games, so I am hoping to get those in for the next version and if nothing else some simple symetrical outdoor CTF maps utilizing the small library of static meshes I have made for all of my half finished maps (maybe some rs-bunkers style maps, simple destroyed towns for VCTF, oil refinery etc.)
    "What do you mean it doesn't exist clientside?"
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Meowcat's Mods for UT2K4:
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Iron Guard

@4TX4: I started a new job about three weeks ago. Not as much time to work on stuff now.
    OK, just checking.

I am still trying to work on a way to make the zoom function bindable to a different key for the Sniper Rifles (a "clean" way that is client side configurable), but don't count on it for the next release 'cause I will have to do all kinds of network testing first.
    Hm? One would think it would be relatively easy to just switch the zoom / melee functions so that alt = zoom, and melee attack is some keybind? Seems pretty 'clean' to me...

The ruger ac556 wont be in YARM (sorry!) but if you did happen to know anyone who had it modelled and animated, it is really easy to make addon packs to YARM.
    Too bad. No, I'm not aware of any existing 2K4-grade models. Btw, it wasn't really meant to be a Y.A.R.M. weapon, specifically. More like a stand-alone bonus gun that combines features from both Y.A.R.M. (physics, detail) & TD (firepower, no tracer), plus multi-mode switching altfire.

Anyways, I've been tinkering with some different player classes and skins for team games, so I am hoping to get those in for the next version and if nothing else some simple symetrical outdoor CTF maps utilizing the small library of static meshes I have made for all of my half finished maps (maybe some rs-bunkers style maps, simple destroyed towns for VCTF, oil refinery etc.)
    Not sure whether it's your cup of tea, but personally I'd like to see some more nice big (T)DM urban maps like you had in UT99 (i.e. DM-SiperTown, Zeitkind...). Don't need much eye candy, just lots of multi-story buildings that you can go into and snipe out of, as well as some open spaces, bridges etc. Maybe a combo of outdoor & urban, the ideal setting for military type mods.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Not sure whether it's your cup of tea, but personally I'd like to see some more nice big (T)DM urban maps like you had in UT99 (i.e. DM-SiperTown, Zeitkind...). Don't need much eye candy, just lots of multi-story buildings that you can go into and snipe out of, as well as some open spaces, bridges etc. Maybe a combo of outdoor & urban, the ideal setting for military type mods.

Amen, brother.

Redeemer

I only wish I could make a cool looking urban map, but I have not had much luck with that style. My Zanzibar recreation is about the closest I have ever gotten to a map that I am happy with releasing

Well, I am working on a TF style mode for YARM now. Same classes/weapons as are now available with the following differences:
    -All players drop ammunition bandoliers when they die
    -Team Skins
    -slightly different player loadouts and player models
    -no additional weapon pickups around map

Some new/added weapons will include the Bizon SMG and also some type of health dispenser type weapon (code is already under way, but no models yet). The health dispenser is a tad interesting to do since I want Bots to use it, which requires that they "know" that a fellow teammate could use some health.

Here are some preliminary pics of the TFC style player models:
    TF Medic
    TF Demo Guy
    TF Grunt
    TF Grunt with GasMask
    TF Recon
    TF HW guy
    Last edited by meowcat; 08-13-2005 at 06:38 PM.
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Iron Guard

I only wish I could make a cool looking urban map, but I have not had much luck with that style. My Zanzibar recreation is about the closest I have ever gotten to a map that I am happy with releasing
    That's a pretty sweet map you got there (with exploding thingies -- yay)! :up: Only wish it were a bit bigger... With skills like these, it would imo be a shame not to try something more ambitious, along the lines of UT99's sniper maps. Hell, I don't care if they look like '99 maps or are adapted ports or whatever, as long as they play well with plenty o' bots.

Skaarj

I can only change weapons with the numbers key pad. I cant switch using scroll up or down. It does switch basic weapons but not the other weapons that are more powerful which are picked up. Will this be fixed?

Redeemer

@kingwanja: You know the funny thing is I had never got around to fixing this sooner (and I know it is a problem in TangoDown also, I have to fix that now too ). Anyways, yes this will be fixed in the next version.

If anyone is interested in testing the next version I will have an "alpha of the beta" version up in the next day or two and I occasionally set up a TDM or CTF server (usually named "YARM 109 Server" or something similar). This new version (I will post the link here when it is ready) has the basic TFC style classes w/team color skins, grenade launcher shell trail, and fixed weapon switching among other things.

edit: and yes trying to decide on better sounds (thanks for the reminder LoparXL)
    Last edited by meowcat; 08-28-2005 at 06:16 PM.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Iron Guard

...and fixed weapon switching among other things.
    Including the sound effects? Well, since I'm on vacation this week I'd like to sign up (barring any unforseen complications, of course).

Redeemer

I suppose its been more then a few days...
    Here is an early version of beta 110: [EDIT] removed since my web publishing ran out
    Sorry 4Tx4 still no supressed M14.
    Go ahead and try it out. Please try the TFC mode and see how the balance feels.

Also for those who are more adventurous, try TFC mode, bind a key to "AttachRope",hit the change item key (bound by default to '['), then look at a nearby wall and hit the key, then jump off a long drop ledge. (ie type "set input x attachrope" to bind the 'x' key to the function). The rope movement uses the grapple code by Mr SD (on chimeric website).
    Last edited by meowcat; 10-28-2005 at 10:36 PM.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer

Sounds really interesting...

You have to go into an .ini file to get the bind set up?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is that a newer dl than the one in the first post?

it has 110 in the name instead of 108, so i'm assuming yes.

Please update the fist post with it for simple people such as myself who can't be bothered to read all 4 pages to find the right link.

Bye, it looks good though!

MSgt. Shooter Person

meowcat i sent you an e:mail im just putting a check here just so you know i sent one and its not thrown out with a spam filter.

details below.

Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:12 AM
    Subject: YARM mod / Tango Down/ Altered State Project

MSgt. Shooter Person

Any download links?

Quote Originally Posted by the_man
    Any download links?
    I dunno, what does this tell ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by meowcat
    Download: Sorry my web publishing at the University ran out. no more YARM until I find a new place to upload it.
    =+= Custom Crosshair Tutorial is back up! Now hosted by AngelMapper =+=
    -+{ K-Aus ModDB }+-
    -=(Chaotic Dreams)=-

Quote fuegerstef: "When I grow old and my eyes are becoming really, really bad I might add UTComp to it(UT2004)."

Redeemer

I still need to find a place to host my site. Meanwhile I have been working on some of the polish: adding melee wall hit effects, redoing some sounds, redoing Tango Down stuff to add to YARM (MP5s, glock HKMK23), added punching/kicking moves to YARM players complete with anims, new darker blood, new muzzle flashes etc. I have to admit incorporating melee moves is somewhat rough, can anyone explain to me how UC2 did it gameplay wise (ie switch to third person etc.)?
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Iron Guard

Heya, meowcat. Glad to know that you're still working on this mod. Those changes you've listed sound spiffy. You may want to contact the people behind the Kakotou Raging Carnival and Muralis mods to gain some info on how to put hand-to-hand combat into YARM.

Redeemer

@Lopar-XL: yeah, I have the moves in YARM (code, anims and sounds etc.) I have just been debating whether the player's view should switch to third person while doing the moves etc. and then right back. Currently the punch and kick can be bound to keys, but I don't have first person punching anims for the weapons, so it feels weird to punch when your weapon does not move. Kicking is a great way to knock unsuspecting players off edges (especially fun kicking snipers off the tower in citadel).

Also in an attempt to 'shamelessly copy' zombie mutators, I am working on YARM zombie mute as well (it will only add a couple extra textures anims and a sound file). when the mutator is active, whenever a player dies, they will spawn a zombie (will be configurable).
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Iron Guard

This looks to be quite interesting indeed. been reading thru on this and the codework and such so far is fantastic by my measures. I couldn't code a mouse to the fire trigger to save my life but you indeed have some skill there my friend I will definitely be bookmarking and watching this thread.

Iron Guard

If you can afford to have both first- and third-person perspective animations for HtH combat then bravo, more power to you! If not, then at least make an automatic switch to thrid person view for melee combat and switch back to first person mode when using guns. This worked for the Jedi Knight games.

Iron Guard

I still need to find a place to host my site. Meanwhile I have been working on some of the polish: adding melee wall hit effects, redoing some sounds, redoing Tango Down stuff to add to YARM (MP5s, glock HKMK23), added punching/kicking moves to YARM players complete with anims, new darker blood, new muzzle flashes etc.
    Yay! :up:

I have to admit incorporating melee moves is somewhat rough, can anyone explain to me how UC2 did it gameplay wise (ie switch to third person etc.)?
    Maybe you should contact these guys, looks like they might be on to something... From the U4E forums: http://u4e.dangerous-minds.net/viewt...4f1f1ca0d4e968

"...For instance, *ALL* U4E weapons that needed special character animations now use them. When you shoot a bow, your character pulls the arrow back and shoots it. When you throw a grenade, your character will physically throw it. And when you go CRAZY with a Katana, your character will like wise go all Charlie Manson with the Katana. I think it adds alot to realism, and just plain COOLNESS! We'll be doing this with ALL future U4E weapons that need it. I was going to break my back to make all custom U4E player models do this, but we found a way to make ALL player models do that, or at least the ones that use the "Standard" skeletal bone names. It's SOOO Cool!"

Iron Guard

Oh, and in case this hasn't been fixed yet:

-melee attack with the RPG launcher doesn't deal any damage (kinda ironic, considering its size etc.)

-with weaponstay enabled, picking up a dropped weapon won't increase your ammo if you already have that weapon. Afaik this is only with weaponstay on.

And how's that silenced & scoped M14 coming along?

Redeemer

Well work has been busy. not so much time available to work on this. Here are updates to YARM and TD Warfare vehicles as well. Gonna post some single player / coop maps in a couple of weeks (a YARM remake of "Cold Thunder" from R6, complete with jungle vegetation among others)

YARM 115

TD_Vehicles 110
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Redeemer

Allways interested in Y.A.R.M updates, nice one.

Im looking forward to the coop maps: I love coop.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Kyllian
    Well, if the mod is reality based, he's not far off.
    A well-placed shot to the chest can kill you just as well as a shot to the head(pentrating the heart, severing the spinal cord in just the right area, etc)
    Actually, getting hit anywhere with a modern battle rifle will kill most people. Even shots to the arms and legs cause such massive shock that people often die without obviously fatal injuries. One shot, and you're usually out of action, either conscious and in terrible pain, unconsious, or dead on the spot.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge_o_Matic
    Actually, getting hit anywhere with a modern battle rifle will kill most people. Even shots to the arms and legs cause such massive shock that people often die without obviously fatal injuries. One shot, and you're usually out of action, either conscious and in terrible pain, unconsious, or dead on the spot.
    I have actually been contemplating whether or not to incorporate this (near lethal wounds) into the single player experience. One of things I liked about Rainbow Six (especially in Coop) was knowing that a single enemy hit could kill, so even with very few enemies in the levels, coop was always a tense experience.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Iron Guard

Nice work, as always! I especially like the Glock 10 mm and the new Robar fx. :up:

The RPG7's melee attack still doesn't deal any damage, tho...

Redeemer

Added some shots of some single player / coop maps I have been working on (a remake of Cold Thunder from R6, and another).

Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Anyone playing this?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by the_man
    Anyone playing this?
    I have, may not be as polished as Ballistic Weapons, but is very fun. Adds a lot of weapons in a fairly small d/l.:up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ahh, nice update Meowcat. I espicially like the new Hummer (Finally, a vehicle that the passengers can shoot from) and the Heli, even if the texturing is abit on the ugly side. Can't wait for your new maps too, but your map "They Just don't give a Dam" had very little collision and I found myself walking through walls. Oh ****, I forgot to mention the Zombie addon. You sir, are a god. I love zombie's - though they need abit more sounds (and to make sounds less frequently), as well as - would it be possible to have a zombie variant of the deceased model instead of the default... Can't remember what class it is. It'd give a better feel to it, especially since it would make it harder to distinguish between the living and the undead, until it's almost too late. Anyway, enough of my rabble. Nice work meowcat, I look forward to future updates. You've rekindled my love for UT.

Iron Guard

In case this got overlooked somehow...

The RPG7 (one of my favorite YARM guns) still has some issues:

1) Melee attack does no damage.
    2) Picking up a dropped RPG won't add to your ammo count if you already have it in your inventory, at least not if weaponstay is off. Other YARM weapons could very well have the same problem, can't remember right now.
    3) Ammo pickups (rockets) are often hard to collect, you have to walk over them repeadly, even crouch n stuff. This can be somewhat annoying in the heat of battle...

If this could be fixed for the next release, I'd be, uh, most happy!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Updates?

Redeemer

I am gonna be away from my comp for up to a month so I decided to post what I have ATM. YARM 117 w/SP part
    Version 117: got the leaning reimplemented. A few other menu changes. Gonna rework the melee system in the next version so that altfire can be used for something else. I also included the Single Player portion so far (can be found in UT2004\yarmGame\Launch Yarm Game.bat (used some of Bill Brown's music for the menu portion www.billbrownmusic.com). Hit system still needs to be improved.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for new update really nice, played single player with the Launch Yarm Game.bat, the 3 maps are nice, would be better with at least one bot team mate,tho. But, when I played instant game (DM and VCTF) and keep getting this error.

Assertion failed: inst->KPhysRootIndex != INDEX_NONE && inst->KPhysLastIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:.\KSkeletal.cpp] [Line: 590]

History: KInitSkeletonKarma <- KInitActorKarma <- AActor::setPhysics <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (fire_LMGSmash VCTF-MistyGlen-LE.LMG.fire_LMGSmash3, Function yarm.fire_YarmMelee.ModeDoFire) <- UWeaponFire::ModeTick <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level VCTF-MistyGlen-LE <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Please help. Thank you.
    Last edited by legacy-MajHavok; 06-10-2006 at 05:10 PM.

Redeemer

@MajHavok: Did you have the YARM zombie mutator on as well when the error occurred? I was able to duplicate the crash by using YARM weapons (but unticking the "Use YARM players" option) and then using the zombie mutator. This crash occurs because the zombie mute (by default) tries to make the zombie look like the player just killed and I did not properly call one of the native functions to assign the zombie the same mesh as the player killed, so when the zombie is killed, the wrong karma is used. Temporary fix: don't use the zombie mute unless using YARM players. Next version will fix that.
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

@MajHavok: Did you have the YARM zombie mutator on as well when the error occurred? I was able to duplicate the crash by using YARM weapons (but unticking the "Use YARM players" option) and then using the zombie mutator. This crash occurs because the zombie mute (by default) tries to make the zombie look like the player just killed and I did not properly call one of the native functions to assign the zombie the same mesh as the player killed, so when the zombie is killed, the wrong karma is used. Temporary fix: don't use the zombie mute unless using YARM players. Next version will fix that.
    You got it, as a matter of fact I did have it on. Thank you. Again Good Job.:up:
    I did notice a glitch in the PS Complex map. If you go thorough the tunnel and around th side you are able to go into the moutain(but not through), can't do much there but just wanted to let you know. Also it's difficult to open doors on the Wicked Steel map, most of the time your caught wondering the deck or if someone does come out your stuck in a hallway inside ship.
    Last edited by legacy-MajHavok; 06-11-2006 at 12:48 AM.

Redeemer

Yeah, the tunnel in Complex is supposed to be the last objective, but I had not quite figured the best way to arrange it that way yet.
    To open the doors in Wicked Steel you have to use the "use" key while next to the door (that goes for most doors in frigid roar as well).
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have to say they are all good maps with good feel, and gameplay. The bots also act a little differantly than in a normal game, actually backing eachother up, although they can't seem to figure out how to shoot around each other, lots of TKs.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast