Hybrid View

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default retexturing previous smeshes

subject kinda explains it. can u open up a previous static mesh and assign a new texture to it, or do u have to export it and import a new copy to a different package first?

MSgt. Shooter Person

:heart: Right Click on the StaticMesh in your level and select StaticMeshActor properties, expand the Display tree and you will see Skins. You can apply new textures there

Redeemer

Originally posted by gargorias
    :heart: Right Click on the StaticMesh in your level and select StaticMeshActor properties, expand the Display tree and you will see Skins. You can apply new textures there
    I'll just add that that's the only way you should do it. There is another way, but it'll muck up the Textures in all Maps that use that StaticMesh.

With one other exception though: You can make a Duplicate of the StaticMesh, give it a different name, and save it into your "mylevel" Package or other Custom Package. Then you can change the Texture in the StaticMesh browser. Personally I would just do it in the StaticMeshes Properties as gargorias mentioned.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by sandorski
    I'll just add that that's the only way you should do it. There is another way, but it'll muck up the Textures in all Maps that use that StaticMesh.

yea, i think i , uh, did that before took a while to get it all sorted out. gotta hate it when other ppl do it tho, and post the map on the internet. then u have to redownload the package and stuff, and its a mess. k, ill try it out, thx