Version: 1.0 FINAL
Description: The Tournament Biohealography Center -- nicknamed by Tournament competitors as 'The HealPod' due to the large healing receptacle that can be found at the epicenter of its architecture. Construction of this facility started in 2285 and was completed in the year 2291. Its purpose has remained the same to this day -- to provide the competitors with the ability to self-administer aid as quickly as possible to their injuries during the short time allotted between matches. There have been many regulations instated by the Tournament Commission to prohibit the discharging of weapons within the facility but Tournament competitors rarely follow this rule.
Comments: Just converting my UT2003 version to UT2004. Here are some changes from the 2003 version to the 2004 version:
1. Changed the Rocket Launcher in the dark, little corridor to a Grenade Launcher and the 2 rocket ammo changed to grenades.
2. Changed the lightning gun in the red circular room to a classic sniper rifle. The orange circular room retains the lightning gun.
3. Level much brighter. Lighting increased/added subtle ambient lighting in other places.
4. Fixed strange issue with phantom meshes. Large center mesh and the four light meshes surrounding removed. Z-fighting. Still don't understand wtf happened, but I fixed it.
5. Fixed Invisibility pickup not showing properly on client machines in multiplayer games.
6. Change player count from 4-8 to 6-10. It's big enough for a larger playerload.
7. Ambient sounds were way freaking loud... WTF man. They were LOUD. I toned it down to an acceptable level. No wonder I would get a headache playing this map.
8. Replaced the shield bases with default '04 sized pickup bases. Probably only makes sense to me. But mentioning it for the hell of it.
9. Decreased healpod health from +15 to +10.
10. Replaced all constant movers with ClientMovers.
11. Removed some crap antiportals. Added some good ones.
12. Fixed the crusher buttons so that you won't trigger the plunger/crusher if you jump over the button. For instance, in TDM, if you have a teammate under the plunger... yadda yadda.
13. Made the secret door stay open a little longer. Just long enough for you to run in, pick up Invisibility, and run out. If the door closes before you get out, there is still a switch in there you can hit to open the door.
Remake UT2004 Mapper - Teddie 'teddabod' Tapawan
Original UT1 Mapper - Cliff Bleszinski / Alan Willard
Music - HealPod]['s original UT1 music 'SuperFist' re-performed by Teddie Tapawan (a.k.a. Smart Apple - http://www.smartapplerocks.com). Some keyboard/synth samples were used from Alexander Brandon's original 1998 version.
Thanks to Cliff 'CliffyB' Bleszinski and Alan Willard the creators of the original HealPod ][, one of my family's most favorite UT1 maps.
Thanks to JaFO for the PowerPill pickup script that I used for the Invisibility pickup. (http://jafo.mienadres.nl)
Very special thanks to my private beta testers. Listed below in no particular order:
(If I forgot to mention anyone please let me know so I can update this readme file.)
And as usual, thanks to my wife and son for beta testing the map with me across our LAN and for putting up with the rest of my crap.
Editors used - UnrealEd 3, Adobe Photoshop 6.0, MS PhotoDraw V2, LightWave Modeler 7, LightWave 3D 7, UVMapper, Cool Edit Pro, ACID Pro 3, ModPlug Tracker, Cool Edit Pro
Instruments used for music - Gibson SG electric guitar, Fender Squire bass guitar, Roland R-70 drums, Line 6 POD and Bass POD guitar pre-amp/fx units, ART Tube MP pre-amp.