Thread: DM-TDB-Aztec

Redeemer

Post DM-TDB-Aztec

Name: DM-TDB-Aztec

Version: 1.0 FINAL

Compatibility: UT2004

Description: My son plays Counter-Strike everyday religiously, so I decided to remake his favorite CS map (de-aztec) so he'd feel at home when I kill him in UT2004.

Comments: I'm just moving this from the beta section of the forums. Old thread has been deleted.

Screenshot:

Credits:
    UT2004 Remake Mapper - Teddie 'teddabod' Tapawan
    Original HL/CS Mapper - Chris 'Narby' Auty

Thanks to Chris 'Narby' Auty the creator (original author) of de_aztec for Counter-Strike.

Thanks to the nice folks over at the INA Forums, Skill-Club Forums, and elsewhere who've
    helped me with technical issues, beta-testing, file-hosting, etc. I'm grateful for your help,
    time, and feedback (good and bad).

Thanks to my wife and son for beta testing the map with me across our LAN and for putting up
    with the rest of my crap.

Homepage: http://www.funrealtournament.com

Download:
    http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=5397
    http://www.fasterfiles.com/pafiledb....on=file&id=983
    http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/p...-tdb-aztec.zip
    http://www.pcgamemods.com/5148/

Redeemer

I still love ya, Teddy.

Skaarj

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope it doesnt lead to a while slew of CS crossovers.

Skaarj

I'm happy to see that you're bringing over some of your older works. Is there any possibility of seeing the Double Domination version of Aztec being ported over to UT2004? I quite like the DDOM version over the DM version.

Skaarj

I can't believe you play UT with your wife and son... You're the luckiest guy EVER.

Anyway, very nice work.

Boomshot

i'm lovin it!

Lighting and skybox and looking so much cooler now teddie.

I keep hearing things about DM-Saragota, when are we going to see it?????

This is my of my fav and best TDM maps i've got on my map rotation.

btw- if you want me to test anything for you in the future feel free to send it to me or PM me.

MsM

MSgt. Shooter Person

The map plays lovely. I've played a couple of times on this n00b server with like 20 people You can just keep on spamming and spamming and spamming I just allways end up with like +50 frags, at least domination and flak monkey (it's such a flag map). Love how they made the double damage not easy to catch (this way I always get it ). You can actually dodg/jump very well around the map. Weapon placement is good. Power up placement is pretty good; you kinda miss a power up at the flak part, so you would have it spread out all over the map, but that would make that part very spammy as it is allready

Public: I give the map a 9/10
    Clan: I would not have clue how it would play. Some ut2k4 clanners might even reject playing it cause it's from cs, dunno .

Anyways, good map.

MSgt. Shooter Person

this map kicks ass one of my favorites

CTF version would be nice though

Redeemer

I finally convinced the guys at flak's US server to play this one - we did IG, and people kept commenting on how much they liked it. That and CS jokes. I love the flow of the map, specifically, going through doors knowing you're being followed, turning, waiting, fragging.

Skaarj

I used to always play as terrorists in cs now I can play as anyone in ut 2k4:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Redeemer

Originally posted by Descentia
    I still love ya, Teddy.
    Lol. I know you do, bro.

Originally posted by [-XA3RO-]
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope it doesnt lead to a while slew of CS crossovers.
    Nah. I don't think it will be a problem. This was my first map I did when UT2003 first came out. This map's been around for awhile. Haven't really seen many CS crossovers. Although, I think Lord_Simeon did a Dust remake... I think.

Originally posted by Kain-Xavier
    I'm happy to see that you're bringing over some of your older works. Is there any possibility of seeing the Double Domination version of Aztec being ported over to UT2004? I quite like the DDOM version over the DM version.
    KX, yes, when I get some time, I'll be porting it over to UT2004 with all the fixes and goodies... (especially the lighting changes that I did with the DM one above). Thanks for your interest.

Originally posted by Clownboat
    I can't believe you play UT with your wife and son... You're the luckiest guy EVER.

Anyway, very nice work.
    LOL. Thanks, yeah. Actually, me and my wife have been playing Fatal Frame 2 recently... late at night when the kids are asleep. We're not sure yet if it is as scary/creepy as the first, but last night, there was this one part where I almost shat my pants... My wife says she jumped because I jumped... liar!

Originally posted by Yournan2000
    i'm lovin it!

Lighting and skybox and looking so much cooler now teddie.

I keep hearing things about DM-Saragota, when are we going to see it?????

This is my of my fav and best TDM maps i've got on my map rotation.

btw- if you want me to test anything for you in the future feel free to send it to me or PM me.

MsM
    Thanks YN. Yeah, DM-Saratoga was supposed to come out in the first CBP (not 2), then yeah, it was supposed to come out with the CBP2... er. I still haven't finished the map...

Originally posted by GinZzA
    The map plays lovely. I've played a couple of times on this n00b server with like 20 people You can just keep on spamming and spamming and spamming I just allways end up with like +50 frags, at least domination and flak monkey (it's such a flag map). Love how they made the double damage not easy to catch (this way I always get it ). You can actually dodg/jump very well around the map. Weapon placement is good. Power up placement is pretty good; you kinda miss a power up at the flak part, so you would have it spread out all over the map, but that would make that part very spammy as it is allready

Public: I give the map a 9/10
    Clan: I would not have clue how it would play. Some ut2k4 clanners might even reject playing it cause it's from cs, dunno .

Anyways, good map.
    Thanks for the feedback, GinZza!

Originally posted by rulezzz
    this map kicks ass one of my favorites

CTF version would be nice though
    Hi rulezz... I actually have a very old Work-in-Progress map file of when I was making a CTF version... I may revisit it one day. Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like the map.

Originally posted by catphile
    I finally convinced the guys at flak's US server to play this one - we did IG, and people kept commenting on how much they liked it. That and CS jokes. I love the flow of the map, specifically, going through doors knowing you're being followed, turning, waiting, fragging.
    lol catphile. How did you convince them to play it? You were going nuts the other night... no takers at that time

GG

Originally posted by MXFoX
    I used to always play as terrorists in cs now I can play as anyone in ut 2k4:up:
    Thanks MXFox. Hope you enjoy it.

Skaarj

Originally posted by Teddie
    KX, yes, when I get some time, I'll be porting it over to UT2004 with all the fixes and goodies... (especially the lighting changes that I did with the DM one above). Thanks for your interest.
    Awesome! Thanks a bunch Teddie.

Boomshot

Thanks YN. Yeah, DM-Saratoga was supposed to come out in the first CBP (not 2), then yeah, it was supposed to come out with the CBP2... er. I still haven't finished the map...
    N/P Ted.

So Saratoga has mised not 1, but 2 CBP packs, wow you must be really busy, mind you Killbillbarn made up for it, playing it last night and for the first time heard the radio, thats a nice touch :up:

You was doing CTF-Amazonia, i saw some screens of it some time ago whats the cards like for that?

Any chance you could post some screens, or e-mail them to me ted?I've always been a big fan of your work and been looking forward to seeing these two maps since you announced them.

BTW- What is saratoga like? i've never seen anything from that. What maps you got upcoming as well? anything you working on?

MsM

Boomshot

sorry for the double post admins, but Ted have you thought of porting Healpod over to ut2k4? i'm suprised Epic did'nt ask you if that could go in ut2k4 as well?

BTW- Just curious, the rmake over DM-Deck17 with ut2k4 did you do that or did someone else do the new visuals?

MsM

Redeemer

i'm suprised Epic did'nt ask you if that could go in ut2k4 as well?
    Shhh! This may be super-secret suprise-map in the upcoming Epic-bonuspack! j/k! :haha:

Skaarj

How about an Assult version where you have to set bombs in place on the map..... wait.... never mind that sounds like a silly idea

Redeemer

Originally posted by Olympus
    How about an Assult version where you have to set bombs in place on the map..... wait.... never mind that sounds like a silly idea
    Oh yes, very silly indeed...

Redeemer

Originally posted by acc
    Oh yes, very silly indeed...
    lol. (secret snicker giggle).

Acc, I still have to reply to your last email. Sorry for the continued lateness.

Boomshot

someone has takne the saratoga name ted, and soiled it with there BR prefix.

Lol

MsM

Redeemer

someone has takne the saratoga name ted, and soiled it with there BR prefix.

Lol

MsM
    Nah.

I snooze, I lose.

Plus, I use a TDB tagger.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Questions.. questions... questions... oh and feedback :)

Lo Teddie...

Err, I've had this map on me drive since end of April. It's def. DM-TDB-Aztec. Got it from another site. Was you just a little lapse posting it here ? Or is this an updated version ... just checking , jic

EDIT: NEVER MIND ... just clicked on the Unreal Playground link... Map posted there on same date as the file creation date on my hard drive. (God I musta been quick there )

Feedback time... I've never played CS so I have absolutely no idea how this plays against the original .. what I can tell you is I like it .. I like it a lot. Amazingly enough we've been playing this map at work with the Mutant mutator. And I can tell you it sure makes for a great cat and mouse chase map.

Can't wait for the DOM version. How about a CTF version as well? (Can never have enough CTF maps IMO ), though I think that might need some work and structual changes to balance it out abit.

Cheers for the effort Ted. Moff to have another play on it now... btw ... posted a link here in Mr Wotsits thread over in Gen. Disc.

Take care..

Fora.

Boomshot

yeah Teddie make a ctf version please but no structural changes
    I love this map and I just realized how ctf can be fun

omg i revived this thread

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great map. I love the tribal feeling.

I also would LOVE to see a CTF version, but then again, I want to see CTF for every map out there...

MSgt. Shooter Person

THis is Great !

So far I have dust and this one, anyone know where I can get more CS maps for UT2004?

MSgt. Shooter Person

god I was cocky back then

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great map I would like to see it as CTF too

Redeemer

Smile good remake, I think

I never played CS, so I have no idea but the map is good on its own. At first I thought it would be too plain based on the screenshot, but it actually is quite detailed and I like the cubes. The open and tight areas make for varied gameplay and the bots like to hang in the mote area, which is where most of the action happens. This one has good weapon/item placement and I bet it gets crazy with a lot of players online.
    http://www.unrealplayground.com/foru...o=file&id=2626

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Smile

Good remake from the old CS map. Different textures and gameplay in this UT2004 version as the original one, and verified for a good UT2004 map. The bots are good, and nice weapon/item placements also. Some things getting me some action.

Screenshot:

Four mirrors for this map:
    http://rusut.ru/load/ut2004_karty/de...tec/37-1-0-472
    http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...TBDAztec;29640
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/3604059/dmtdbaztec_zip
    http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-to...s/dm-tdb-aztec
    Last edited by Private Tux; 06-11-2012 at 09:23 AM.