MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool can't turn off mouse acceleration

help :cry:

i have a mx500 with latest mouseware ... well everything was fine but 2 days ago mouse acceleration turn magically :bulb: on and i can't turn it off anymore :| plz help

i tried with the mw_advance but it didn't work :|
    if someone know the settings to turn off accell plz tell me ... and yes i checked "disable acceleration in games"

or maybe some other tweak program...

MSgt. Shooter Person

yes winxp ... playing with acceleration is a pain :cry:

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KriLL38

tried the advanced settnings utility?
    "Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you."

open registry and go to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Logitech\MouseWare\Cur rentVersion\GamingCompatibility]

check if ut2004.exe is listed there

MSgt. Shooter Person

it didn't work

MSgt. Shooter Person

Have you applied the MouseAccel registry fix for XP?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah that happens form time to time for me in UT99.

Uninstall the mouse, reboot, and when you re-attach it to your system. Do not install it, i.e. do not configure it with Mouseware. Just dismiss the new hardware found message. Let the standard windoze drivers handle it. Acceleration *should* be gone.

Iron Guard

To make sure you don't get mouse accel ingame do the following:

In windows make sure mouse accel is set to none. If you have accel set to medium (the mouseware default) and the ingame mouse accel to 0 you will still get mouse acceleration.

Goto logitech.com and get the latest version of their drivers. On the download page you'll notice in the left sidebar a link to an advanced mouseware utility. Download and play with that. Make sure you change it from precision to speed for an mx500.

If you set mouse accel to 0 in mouseware 0 in ut2k4 and use the advanced utility changing from precision to speed etc then you shoudln't have any problem with mouse acceleration ingame.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I want to know how you turn it ON in games with the M$ 4.0 :cry:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by Chain-Lei
    open registry and go to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Logitech\MouseWare\Cur rentVersion\GamingCompatibility]

check if ut2004.exe is listed there
    What he said. There is also a reghack that fix this for you somewhere, but I am much to lazy to find it for you

But if this fails, just turn off the mouse accel in windows.

Redeemer

Originally posted by Slack
    Yeah that happens form time to time for me in UT99.

Uninstall the mouse, reboot, and when you re-attach it to your system. Do not install it, i.e. do not configure it with Mouseware. Just dismiss the new hardware found message. Let the standard windoze drivers handle it. Acceleration *should* be gone.
    lol thats what ive had to do but i think he will loose some buttons on the mx500
    the logi drivers r fuqt,they alone add severe mouse accel
    for instance ut default win drivers mouse speed
    with the logi drivers
    0.30 and its still too touchy

MSgt. Shooter Person

lol i found this

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=222946

at the moment i'm trying the razor dirver O_o

Iron Guard

Duh I almost forgot to mention:

The mouse acceleration issues are well known and are attributed mostly to hardware settings. This is one of the big purposes behind the MX510. If you are having mouse acceleration or negative accleration issues get an MX510 and they should go away.

MSgt. Shooter Person

yeah right :bulb: 60 more €.. no thanks

instead i tried the razer driver and boom acceleration is gone ... i hope forever

razer driver : less buggy
    no registry key sh*t
    no acceleration

MSgt. Shooter Person

ftp://thecpl.com/mouse_fix.zip

Try the WinXP mousefix from the CPL.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by *7][e0Dor*
    yeah right :bulb: 60 more €.. no thanks

instead i tried the razer driver and boom acceleration is gone ... i hope forever
    What mouse are you using?

MSgt. Shooter Person

i already tried some registry fix ... didn't work for me

i'm using logitech mx500 with razer driver ... really!

Razer Drivers with Logitech (Windows XP)

Results
    Wanna use Razer's mouse drivers for your Logitech mouse? Instead of the ****ty MouseWare drivers? Well now you can! Using dickobrazz's modified INF installation file, which will allow you to install the Razer drivers, and also, a benifit to use Karna's Razer mouse configuration software, instead of using MouseWare.

Here are the instructions:

1. Download the latest Razer drivers here.
    2. Download the modified INF file, and place it in your C:\Program Files\Razer\Drivers. Make sure you delete the old Razer.inf file, before placing the modifed INF file in the directory.
    3. Now go to your device manger, by pressing Control and the Pause Break keys on your Keyboard, or by going to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager.
    4. Assuming that you have the Logitech mouse installed in either the USB or PS/2 connections (I reccomend USB and also the Razer drivers are USB recommend), navigate to the Mice and other pointing devices, and update the device that you see, like Logitech USB Wheel Mouse. Now once you're in the update driver prompt, choose the option called "Install from a list or specific localtion". Once that option is choosen, click on the option called "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install". After that, now click on the "Have Disk..." option, and it will prompt you to search for the a driver. From the "Install From Disk" option, Choose "Browse" and then locate where the modified Razer.inf file is, where I told you to place it, which is located at C:\Program Files\Razer\Drivers and choose the Razer.inf file. Now it should prompt you to install a device driver name called "Karna USB Mouse". Choose the option to install that driver, and click on the "Next" option. Now that the driver is installed, reboot Windows. Now you should be able to use Razer's configuration software.

The question is, what will I benifit uppon using these drivers from Razer, with my Logitech mouse? Well for these following reasons:

1. Razer drivers aren't buggy, compared to MW.
    2. Razer's drivers doesn't install and modify registry settings that will mess up Windows, such as Mouse Acceleration and other mouse settings, that aren't pleasant.
    3. Razer drivers are bloat free, it only installs the system driver, and using it's own mouse configuration software to colaborate the mouse settings.

Now a final question that you're wondering. Now the Razer drivers are designed to give a Razer mouse product at a 2000DPI rate, where'as we are using a Logitech mouse, for example, an 800DPI model. I'am sure that these Razer drivers wouldn't give you a 2000DPI configuration, because the mouse we're using can only handle an [800DPI rate. I guess these drivers will enable a Logitech mouse product with an 800DPI setting automatically. Tho I'am not 100% sure, but if it's true, then you'd rather use Razer's drivers, instead of MouseWare...
    from here: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=222946

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by *7][e0Dor*
    i already tried some registry fix ... didn't work for me

i'm using logitech mx500 with razer driver ... really!

from here: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=222946
    Does anyone has this working with an M$ mouse?