Thread: vCTF

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default vCTF

I was playing around on a vCTF map and there are some changes I think should be made. My main concern is a tribes 2 effect. Tribes 2 was a great game, but people quickly left it because it took too damn long to get anywhere even if you were aware of skiing. So, in vCTF, I would like to see an adoption from onslaught: the nodes. Here is what I envision. Each base has a good collection of weapons and vehicles. Scattered between the two bases are nodes. Every node is capable of being captured from the get-go. There is no business of connect-the-dots. The nodes have NO vehicles; they serve as respawn points. The nodes serve to concentrate the battle and reduce hiking, but they lack the offensive power of vehicles. So, if a team is dominating all the nodes on a map, the defending team can still make a comeback because of readily available defensive vehicles and every node is vulnerable. If you want a quick flag cap, you have to organize and bring a vehicle. Another change that should be considered is allowing players to respawn at nodes that are under attack. Any thoughts?

Iron Guard

You mean like battlelfield?

MSgt. Shooter Person

You mean BF19--? I never actually played it. Is that what its like? I got the impression that the battles were of a little larger scope and something about control points. The last FPS i played prior to ut2004 was planetside. This would be similiar to an LLU capture actually, but in PS the destruction is a bit more wholesale and the weapon/vehicle balance sucks. Its also slower. Thank you Epic for UT2k4.

An obvious new vehicle would be a mobile spawn point and weapon cache, akin to the Jericho in T2 and the AMS in PS.