Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    legacy-SapphireShades

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT remove the plants. They are the only thing seperating this map from all the other shiney maps out there with 0 character. Them and the giant brain.

I think all DM mappers should take a chip from the 1on1 map pack, and Hourences, and realize that yes, plants and greenery make most any level more fun. The run down castle and industrial themes benefit from plants growing up out of missing tiles, etc, whereas the futuristic maps like this one look very nice with plants displayed nicely in holders here and there.

I just wish there were flowers, that would really spice things up. And no doubt De Jong would make some badass cave/garden/factory with all the flowers... *begins to daydream.

Back on topic. The plants are nice. I hope to see even more in Aquosis.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Beautiful. :up: Very much improved from the original... I like the bright lighting and lively atmosphere here a lot better than the darker, drearier atmosphere of the first MindGames. This setting just seems to fit the theme a lot better. Very nice map!

Skaarj

Default A Top Map

You have a unique style here. Stick to that and make more maps. Your use of texture is good, though I personally did not like the brain with the eyes as it looked a bit silly, though I am not taking anything away from map itself. The first thing I thought of when playing this map was Halo. The clean lines - and at last a map which is bright and inviting for the player. You have added a different style to Ut2004 from this map alone. I am going to let my fellow [Aura] clan know about it and it is certainly going to be a map that is going to be used on our server..... Make more!!! :up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

I get better FPS in Magma than I do in this map.
    And its sad because this map is so simple.
    Nice looking map though, very simple, clean, and stylish.
    I wish I could play it smoothly enough to know how the gameplay is.
    One thing that upset me, I was trying to run behind that tank with the brain in it and it was all blocked off! what gives!?
    A final comment though, for how much the skybox can be seen in the map, I think it could be more complex, and more artistic

legacy-SapphireShades

My FPS never drop below 70 on this one, but it runs so smoothely I rarely check, so they may be well above 80 or 90.

The backside of the tank thing disturbed me at first. Some bloodthirsty Skaarj is flying through the air at me from the lift jump, and I'm trying to dodge behind the tank to get cover.... No dice.

It's nothing big, but if there is a tweak release I'd put that near the top for things to change.

-The brain, the first time I saw it in mind games (1) seemed silly to me. Now, I wasn't a fan of Mind Games 1 at all, so it bothered me. But this map is terrific with or without a giant brain in the main room, and all of Sharpfish's maps have some crazy quality to them that makes them unique. How many other maps do you know of where you play DOM in an amusement park? The point is that with a map of this quality I don't care what's floating in the water.

Sharpfish, we're still waiting with baited breath for that 2004 map pack, not to mention Aquosus! *taps foot impatiently
    How about a release date like the CBP and the Flag Pack, so that we can put a big red X on our calendars?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sharpfish

thanks ss - your post made me smile.

Aquosus is being worked on - but as I keep scrapping and restarting areas i'm not happy with it is taking a while. I work on it every day @ work + some time at home so it really wont be that long. It will be AFTER the CBP2 is released though that's for sure. It's already bad enough that once the CBP2 is released (and I personally can't wait to get my hands on it) that most other maps will be ignored/overlooked - releasing it at the same time would be pointless - everyone would be busy d/l the Pack instead

btw - Aquosus at one stage was heading for CBP2 but I pulled out because 1. I didn't think it would be ready in time and 2. Quite frankly, the competition in it scared me - I did not want my little old map looking like "filler" next to all that CBP goodness

so - now its not in, and I never heard from Jay again so I assume it's not missed either...

As for the RF Map Pack - It won't happen. The maps intended for it will still be released as normal this means I can spend more time on map (map by map basis) that trying to put all my eggs in one basket, thanks for the interest though - I was sure I would be able to pull it off - even had some other guys lined up to help.

cheers

p.s Brain in tank > silly yes but that was the way I used to like to map , something different because there were hundreds of "normal" maps out there. The trick is combining the gimmicks with the flow.. not sure I pulled that off either but i like to try
    >> MY MAPS << UT3: None! UT2k4: DM-MindGames2 UT2k3: FestiveWorlds, Mindgames, SharpfishPark, Starfall, Tropica][, FestiveRidge UT99: DM-Resistor, DM-Capacitor, CTF-Afinity, DM-EvilTavern, DM-8ballHero Unreal 98: A few...

Download Games Spacehotel

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Review @ Insite (thanks guys)

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~insite/map.php?id=825

For those that are interested but too lazy to read it - it received a 7/10.

rgds
    >> MY MAPS << UT3: None! UT2k4: DM-MindGames2 UT2k3: FestiveWorlds, Mindgames, SharpfishPark, Starfall, Tropica][, FestiveRidge UT99: DM-Resistor, DM-Capacitor, CTF-Afinity, DM-EvilTavern, DM-8ballHero Unreal 98: A few...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Late!

Why is this in "beta releases"??? not that it matters now I guess but it should be moved to final / finished maps (unless anyone thinks it still feels like a beta )

MSgt. Shooter Person

Don't get smart with me, Sharpfish! Where's Aquosis, hmm? Get back to work! ( )

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Originally posted by FuschiaShades
    Don't get smart with me, Sharpfish! Where's Aquosis, hmm? Get back to work! ( )
    I am moving (again) in may, will be leaving my work (Codemasters) to live a less expensive existence with more free time...

This is when work on Aquosus can restart..

Originally posted by sharpfish
    I am moving (again) in may, will be leaving my work (Codemasters) to live a less expensive existence with more free time...

This is when work on Aquosus can restart..
    good luck to you.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

cheers!

is it me, or cant i see screenys anymore

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

no, screenies have gone for now (they were deleted from my old website which they were linked to).

When I get time I will have more up for reference.

thanks

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Thumbs up Very nice map. (Old thread here.)

Cool lava-related pipes, pillars, trims, strange sound effects, warning signs, plants and conservative atmosphere. Great optimization about the lighting, details and static meshes so far that there are no stuck anywhere in this map, also I've mentioned that there is a skybox near the Flak Cannon area, and the large brain behind the UDamage creeps me out to make it through lol. Great gameplay and the bots are from good to average and vice versa in that case you won't missed them. So far I won't download the UT2003 version of this map because some literal versions have been changed to this UT2004 version for more than 8 years.

Five direct downloads:
    ftp://ftp.i3d.net/Games/Unreal%20Tou...mindgames2.zip
    http://204.26.91.40:8000/UT2004Files...mindgames2.zip
    http://downloads.noobwars.gr/index.p...mindgames2.zip
    http://ptmc.no-ip.org/Unreal%20Tourn...mindgames2.zip
    http://ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php...mindgames2.zip

Seven indirect downloads:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpfish View Post
    http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...ndgames2;25654
    http://www.map-factory.org/ut-2004/d...indgames2-3409
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/37964...mindgames2.zip (Insite over GameFront)
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/38250...mindgames2.zip (Misc Maps)

http://www.unrealplayground.com/foru...o=file&id=2586
    Last edited by Private Tux; 10-31-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Thanks Private Tux!

The red stuff in the pipes is meant to be blood. Seems like yesterday when I made this map. Am feeling old

I hope we get a UT4 with a good streamlined editor sometime in the next decade!

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Thumbs up

Thanks Private Tux!

The red stuff in the pipes is meant to be blood. Seems like yesterday when I made this map. Am feeling old
    Don't mention it bud. Some of us (but few) are growing continuously to play UT2004 and welcome back to the UT world [11 years]!

I hope we get a UT4 with a good streamlined editor sometime in the next decade!
    Yeah, some of us are excited for the new UT but later postponed just now. I hope Epic guys are definitely making UT4, if possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12