http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1887
    http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=5323
    http://www.fasterfiles.com/pafiledb....le&action2=980
    http://files.filefront.com/2609285
    http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb/paf...n=file&id=3826
    =========

About
    =====

This map is a major reworking of my original UT2k3 map. Addressing the issues from the original and improving the graphics/lighting and use of space. This is not a "quick port" as I have spent nearly as much time reworking this as I did on the original - A few areas have gone or been re-arranged, the original atmosphere that I wanted is now implemented (well, I think so anyway). There are quite a few custom static meshes in the map, but they are all hopefully non intrusive to gameplay. If there are any "flaws" found I'll live with it, as I want to get onto the new maps I'm doing for 2k4 now

I will post some more screens soon.

Have Fun!
    Last edited by Sharpfish; 05-02-2004 at 03:03 AM.
    >> MY MAPS << UT3: None! UT2k4: DM-MindGames2 UT2k3: FestiveWorlds, Mindgames, SharpfishPark, Starfall, Tropica][, FestiveRidge UT99: DM-Resistor, DM-Capacitor, CTF-Afinity, DM-EvilTavern, DM-8ballHero Unreal 98: A few...

Download Games Spacehotel

legacy-SapphireShades

Snickity Snack!

Awesome looking map Sharpfish. Now how about that map pack, or Aquosis(sp)?

Banned

Hot DAMN! Awesome!

/me downloads immediately

MSgt. Shooter Person

sexeh

*downloads*

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lulercakes

Looks a lot different whit the new lighting, very nice

Downloading now :up:
    mexfrag.net | #mexfrag @ GR/GS

Originally posted by Skaarj Sauce: "also there are weapons you can pickup so yu can DEESTROY the MR CROWN. With FIRE and lighting weapons! WEAPONS of DEATH DOOM!!!ö

Iron Guard

Looks, uh, sharp... downloaded and awaiting install

Iron Guard

great job sharp!

i love this map... gameflow, visuals, well... everything is cool... and it is not just "another industrial themed map"...

/me loves teh brain!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very clean looking map!

Awsome use of Z axis.

One of the beest lookin Maps I have seen in a while!!!
    Keep up the good work, and will be looking forward to many more maps of this quality!!

You have now raised the bar!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

map looks great, downloading now :up:

pffft required registratioin for UnrealPlayground... I hate to register somewhere before I can download a map :down: *sigh* oh well, UP always had nice download speeds, so why not. Sure hope it doesn;t become a second lamespy

MSgt. Shooter Person

Beyond any expectation! Not tried yet, but if the layout is the same as the original, this map will seriously 0wn! Very stylish & unique theme, GREAT!

Edit: Uhm, tried and to be honest I've to say that I was expecting better performance... maybe a bit more zoning? Maybe a bit too bright and cold and texturing is maybe too clean & unlit imo, but great map anyway. :up:
    Last edited by Kaimyr; 04-18-2004 at 06:58 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I just quickly played a botmatch on this map and very beautiful map! Quite different that DM-Mindgames for UT2003... hehe.

Looks great, runs great, plays great, another outstanding map sharpfish :up:

ps. What about that map Aquasus (or something) that you posted screenshots from a good while back? Still working on it... or? =)

Redeemer

whoa looks sharp pun intended . I didnt like flow too much in the 2k3 version but I'll check this out.

--edit--
    just checked it out huge improvement over the first one esp in gameplay department, gameplay is awesome dude :up: there were a few visual things I would have changed but not much. gg man. looking forward to your upcoming maps. btw one thing that kind of annoyed me is bots actually like to camp up close to the dd, they just stay there and take pot shots at me with the shock ---with really high accuracy lol.
    Last edited by legacy-CTFX1; 04-18-2004 at 07:41 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Iron Guard

Looking good will download after i installed ut2004 again lol :up:

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sharpfish

All > Thanks

Fasterfiles thanks for the mirror - have updated the first post with the link.

Performance > Some say it runs good others have fps drop in a few places - probably due to the hi light mapping, lots of shader usage - and less antiportals (I already have as many zones as is feasable without cutting massive zone portals in ) - the APs were cut down due to the map being opened up, and more details in the walls being added which would make for many smaller APS instead of a few big ones - I have a measley 850mhz cpu (o/c to 1ghz when it feels like it!!) and a gf4ti4200 and the map runs "ok" for me, not great but in most areas it is ok. My work pc (2.8ghz gffx5600) it's smooth as silk. I guess it is time I upgraded my own pc before I ask others too lol - but most of the maps that came with the game give me similar performance - Desolation in particular seems a bit on the slow side on my P.C.
    Having said this it COULD always be optimized further but I've been sitting on it a couple of days already tested by a couple of people and it was now or never - got to start playing 2k4 at lunch times at work instead of mapping for a while now

Anyway, cheers guys for the nice words and the constructive feedback. <><
    >> MY MAPS << UT3: None! UT2k4: DM-MindGames2 UT2k3: FestiveWorlds, Mindgames, SharpfishPark, Starfall, Tropica][, FestiveRidge UT99: DM-Resistor, DM-Capacitor, CTF-Afinity, DM-EvilTavern, DM-8ballHero Unreal 98: A few...

Iron Guard

i like this map alot more than the first one. and i really like the theme. good job :up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Mirror

MIRROR - No Registration

Iron Guard

Nicely updated Sharpfish. This was one of my 2K3 keepers (before I did an uninstall without saving it)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very good map indeed.
    I like the theme and the clean feeling.
    I also like layout, weapon and item placement.

This one is definitely a keeper.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Thanks people for the comments/Feedback - apreciated

Clanwarz > mirror == teh thnx

couple more pics:

I helped the community

wow that looks amazing, gonna download it now. :up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Great Map

It is a great Map!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Well I find it fun anyway (In rotation on the dm serv at work)...

For low end PCs you may find it a bit choppier than the old version as it has increased lightmapping/shader usage and less A.P due to detailing up the walls more. It still flys on the work PC which is not cutting edge by any means. GF4 mx and below may have trouble in certain areas.

<><

Prisoner 849

Originally posted by GOGETA_NL
    map looks great, downloading now :up:

pffft required registratioin for UnrealPlayground... I hate to register somewhere before I can download a map :down: *sigh* oh well, UP always had nice download speeds, so why not. Sure hope it doesn;t become a second lamespy
    well, its because some of our fellow brethern of the online community decided to take advantage of this feature...

as posted on the main page:

players. We're getting close to our monthly bandwidth allotment.

Due to that, we are going to start requiring people to be members of our forums, and be logged in to download files from the site. This will not affect in-game downloads. We will probably also throttle the speeds and number of connections one can have.
    We have noticed a lot of files being "ripped" from the site - gigabytes of data being taken by just a few people. We are guessing that people are spidering the downloads section - something we find unacceptable.

Lastly, we are looking into tracking the number of downloads per person. We'll see what happens.

Sorry folks. It isn't fair that the rest of the people on the site have to bear the brunt of jerks like this, but we can't afford to bust our limits.
    So please dont blame us for requiring registration, We went several years without this function..... Now we have to due to abuse, Unless of course someone want to give us 2 terabytes free DL's month.

BTW: GREAT MAP SHARPFISH

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

UP with or without registration is an amazing site - very well laid out and a joy to visit - I encourage those that haven't registered to do it anyway - it's quick and simple (and free).

thnx

Redeemer

yeah I like UP...

Veteran

great as usual Sharpfish..:up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by {RA}SKYFURNACE
    well, its because some of our fellow brethern of the online community decided to take advantage of this feature... [/B]
    Yeah, I know what you mean. We're always banning someone who is spidering unrealwiki, despite the fact that there's a downloadable offline version.

UP is one of those sites that I sign up to very willingly because it's just that good. :up:

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Originally posted by frogger187
    great as usual Sharpfish..:up:
    cheers - some downsides are being pointed out (in other places) as is the standard fare for map releases - I'm used to that now and enjoy the honest crits as well as the thumbs up stuff

(unrelated to this map entirely) I wonder if any map will ever be released that can please 100% of the people? Aristocracy seems to be the closest yet but even that has it's share of people not taking to it... taste is a strange thing but is equally wonderful as it helps us all create variety.

For those that asked about CTF-Aquosus - That is being worked on this very weekend and will hopefully be done within.... 2 weeks ( though allow 2 weeks more for polishing too)

Managed to play a quick game on Mindgames2 on a server last night and things were pretty good (even with my old PC) so I'm fairly happy with how it turned out - certainly a lot happier than I was with the 2k3 version as I prefer to be in mindgames2 'kind' of environment.

thanks again all

<><

MSgt. Shooter Person

The textures really are cool and i like the idea of the map....
    but my FPS go down to 3-8 no matter where i am!

Redeemer

jeez :bulb: what type of rig you got?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Originally posted by CTFX1
    jeez :bulb: what type of rig you got?

I have to admit - this map does have it's low fps points due to a number of reasons, however on semi-decent hardware it doesn't appear to be a problem. Consider it a good test for your rig (if it serves no other purpose - it can at least be used as a test for your upgrades )

updated download links:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1887

http://files.filefront.com/2609285

http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb/paf...n=file&id=3826

Mo' pics:

Coming Next: CTF-AQUOSUS

Veteran

i have zero fps issues...was very surprised to see these complaints...i have settings maxed but only play online..so fps is less of a good measure..anyway..great map...looking forward to future sharpfish releases..:up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

If you can improve the FPS I'll put this in The Factory map rotation. Excellent gameplay. Nice map.

PS - lose the plants - they simply dont fit.

Redeemer

I kind of agree about the plants,

Iron Guard

maybe make a cool metal skin for the plants

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Sorry guys - this map is done and dusted now. It was enough making a remake of a past map but I won't bore everyone with additional "additions" and releases until there is a version to please everyone. It is impossible.

ps. I (and others I know of) like the plants - most maps imo could benifit from a touch of nature no matter how "Man made" or "Clinical" they are.

Just a matter of taste (again) I guess. I gave up trying to please every style of player around the release of starfall for 2k3. The time -> in never equals the rewards -> out and 95% of maps (including mine) fade into obscurity after a couple of weeks. The fun is in building it and if a few people like it (which they do) then great.

Thanks.

Prisoner 849

Very nice.
    Much improved theme-wise.
    No fps problems here and I've got an 8500le.

MSgt. Shooter Person

OMG! who re-wrote UT2k4 to become Half Life? It's Datacore! JK, kind of looks similar, very nice work, bit slow on minimum spec PCs tho'.

:up::up::up:

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Belive it or not - I never played half life all the way through so not sure which part you are on about

Yes - as noted - lower end rigs may have trouble here and there. Sorry.

Super_moose - I much prefer the "theme" (atmosphere) this time around - though still not perfectly how I imagined (time/performance constraints)

Glad to hear no FPS issues there - I know the majority seem to run it ok from the feedback I've had

cheers both

<><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast