Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Skaarj

How powerfull is your power supply?

Default I don't think it is the PS

That was my first guess. But I checked it with a meter. it is fine.

I am running:

Motherboard: gigabyte GA-8IG1000MK
    CPU: Pentium4 3.2GHz 2MB Extreme Edition (800fsb)
    Chipset: Intel 865G GMCH Chipset
    Memory: 4GB of DDR400
    Power Supply: Antec 650W ATX
    Video Card: Geforce FX 5900 - 256MBDDR (PNY- Verto)

Using on-board sound card.
    I don't have anything overclocked. (Like I need it.......)
    This is the only game and the only application that causes this.

.....I'm stumped................

Redeemer

Originally posted by JabbitBoo
    and my system boots, i've tried new drivers old drivers even a new installation of windows XP but still no result.

last but not least i tried something i've read somewhere else on this forum. My soundblaster.
    I have a Audigy Live and never had any troubles with any game but people where saying that it good B the problem, so to test this i pulled out my audigy put on my onboard soundcard (wich sounds pretty nice, never knew this ) And YESSSSSSS i can play again
    This might not be the soundcard's fault. It could be that your power supply is too weak.

I got random reboots with UT2004 recently, so I ran Prime95 and MotherboardMonitor 5. I configured MM to check the system temperature and voltage every second and to alarm me when some voltage dropped by more than 5%. It didn't take long and MM actually alarmed me that my 5V supply dropped below 4.75V. I also got system reboots when the voltage dropped.
    Prime95 didn't notice errors, but it stressed the system enough to reproduce significant voltage drops.

What is Prime95?

MSgt. Shooter Person

It is basically a torture tester to check various componets of your system.

For more info:

http://www.mersenne.org/whatsnew.txt

Originally posted by Herr PuffNStuff
    What is Prime95?

Default Alternate but less likely problem source

You should test all your hardware once in a while, but not too often, especially if you experience complete crashes. Bad memory can also cause apps to crash (happens when a single 'bit' in memory is faulty).

I had system crashes too.

I ran memory, hard drive and cpu diagnostics and all reported clean EXCEPT:
    SiSoftware Sandra 2004 Multi-Media benchmark consistently failed when run. Other tests ran fine.
    After a few emails with SiSoftware I found out that the cpu cooler had a 'hot spot' of sorts right where the mmx/3dnow circuits were (I'm guessing here based on observations).
    After removing the old CPU and cleaning off the old thermal compound (there was a little clump of it on the cpu die) and reapplying some new stuff all worked perfect, no more crashes, UT2k4 runs great.

BTW: Sandra helped me locate a bad stick of ram that worked fine for 2 years, then failed. I ran both memory benchmarks and the cache one failed. I then ran Goldmemory (DL'd from cnet) and found one stick was bad. I installed the bad stick in another machine and it wouldn't even boot, so I tossed it.

Also: Any BSD crashes with errors in 'NON PAGED' areas of memory usually means your memory is having problems (overheat, timings, defects, etc). Non paged memory IS RAM, paged memory is on your disk.

So:
    1- Never use the pre-applied thermal pads/paste on coolers, they are useless. Scrape off the factory paste and apply a THIN layer of the white or silver compound on your own.
    2- My system temps are under 55c and usually idle around 45c, not cold, but not too hot either. I have a quiet cooler (<25db).
    3- If you tested all your hardware and think the problem is your cpu, try re-installing it with new thermal paste (also re-seat the cpu too). Or test it on another machine.

Skaarj

UPdate: Here is a link to tuning your bios at Toms Hardware.I am now playing very long sessions with Ut2004 and no crashes,i went into bios and Disabled ports that i dont use.I dont have a printer so i disabled that and 2.0 usb along with the serial ports com 1 and com 2 and now i believe i have freed up resources so free up your resources hope thta helps alot of you heres the link.
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/2...tuning-06.html

Skaarj

Originally posted by WARM3CH
    You cant blame the game if your machine has a problem. What memtest or prime95 shows is a problem in your machine and both has been present long before UT2004 was ever written. If your machine fails in prime95 like tests it only means that ANY program that needs a high load on CPU and Memory subsystem would fail, including many CAD applications, engineering and simulation programs AND demanding games. So this bascially has nothing to do with UT2004.
    Isn't it the first and most logical requirement of a state of the art game to ask you for stable hardware?
    I find it really funny that all of these high end machines, tweaked to near perfection suddenly had their hardware go 'unstable' as soon as the patch was installed.

Malloc erros are memory leaks, ie sloppy coding. If this problem was hardware related the game would have been crashing constantly when the demo was out. You should not have to mess around with cooling, voltage, clock speed, memory timing, rewriting your bios by hand in binary etc... to make a game stable, its the devs and the support staffs job not ours. I find it disgusting that they are trying to pass this problem off as user incompetence, hell it was patching the game that broke it in the first place. The support site is completely useless, and they haven even bothered releasing a patch to undo the damage that this one has caused.

I'm running a p4 2.4 GHZ northbridge on a GB motherboard using the sis 651 chipset, 512 GB ram, ATI AIW 9600pro 128.
    I was having trouble with hitches so I installed the patch, and tweaked my VM settings, then the crashes started. I updated all my drivers, including my bios, and the sis 7012 audio driver, edited the games configuration, sacrificed a goat to apease Bill Gates, alll no no avail. My hardware isn't defective, the code is.

Default something broken = something fixed

Don't forget to check that event log out once in a while too.

I'm running a p4 2.4 GHZ northbridge on a GB motherboard using the sis 651 chipset, 512 GB ram, ATI AIW 9600pro 128.
    I was having trouble with hitches so I installed the patch, and tweaked my VM settings, then the crashes started. I updated all my drivers, including my bios, and the sis 7012 audio driver, edited the games configuration, sacrificed a goat to apease Bill Gates, alll no no avail. My hardware isn't defective, the code is.

This is not a flame to the quoted poster, just a piece of real info for everyone.

First of all some things just happen for no reason. To explain, I had a very stable system before I went on a two week vacation, I came back and had the prev. mentioned crashes. My PC was not used since before my vacation, but it still 'happened' to crash. I also had memory work fine for years and then just up and die for no reason. My 486 still runs fine though, never a problem.

And yes, UT2K4 probably does have memory allocation and many other problems too. If you have ever coded anything using C/C++ and pointers, you know how easy it is to forget what points to where and when, it's not that uncommon for any large amount of code to have mistakes (windows has (b)millions of lines of code and loses memory all the time and byte at a time).

Now, I could have started moaning about UT having POS code, but know better, I checked my system for blown capacitors (had one go BANG once, btw, scared the crud out of me), checked the memory, scanned the HDDs and benchmarked/stress tested it.

After replacing the problem (bad cpu thermal compound, rare but it happens) it now works just fine, no more crashes. I've played UT2K4 for hours at a time and no crashes.

On another system I know about the motherboard died while compressing the hard-drive (no access to the bios at all even). The dummies at the computer store refused to take our word it was not a problem with windows or the hardrives and proceded to try to access the bios for days thinking it was just a conflict in there. 2 weeks later the dummies replaced the motherboard and <shock> it ran fine. These things happen.

This is NOT to say that even good hardware can make bad software run, there may in fact be problems with the code of the application that YOUR combination of video, motherboard, bios, memory and eye color just happens to bring to light. A long standing problem with via chipsets and nvidia gpu's is well commented on. I had UT1 crash often before I enabled dynamic lighting and disabled decals, it just worked after that: go figure. Also apps like Morrowind (RPG) will crash eventually no matter what, it's just a matter of time. Remember the game Sin?

So, to sum up:
    -Check your hardware, make sure it is not possibly a source of random problems like crashes. It doesn't take much effort and then you can always say that it is DEFINATELY not your videocard, etc. when tech support asks you.
    -If you can re-create the circumstances to consistently repeat the problem this is usefull information to send to tech support, etc. Just saying 'something is broken' usually results in a response like 'something fixed'.
    -Don't be afraid to use multiple testers to check your hardware or software.

Also, bear in mind the number of places a software only problem can be derived from: application code, bios code, driver code, chipset driver, compiler, assembly, operating system, you get the idea.

Do not think I am taking sides with the software developers here, they still have to do better work the first time. Would you buy a console game that didn't work right (well, the x-box supports patches I think, but you get the idea).

And remember: some benchmarks are designed to stress your hardware to the max under unusual conditions (some you will never ever encounter in real life). You wouldn't tow a big trailer with a porche, it would break, so why would you expect your overclocked hardware, etc to behave the same as if it was used properly.

More info: Many cpu, memory and chipset combinations have limits. One case is that some AMD cpu's (not sure which right now) do not support DDR400 with 2+ memory modules (or was that 2+ memory banks?). This is a limitation that I didn't know about until last week. Some motherboard builders have 'worked around' the problem with memory sub-system tweaks of their own.
    Intel no doubt has other limitations not well known by us commoners.

My system specs are modest (no overclocking):
    Windows 2000 sp4
    Athlon 2000+
    512 MB of DDR333 (cheap stuff too)
    GF5600 video card
    Via kt400 chipset

Skaarj

The thing with the GPF crash bug is its occuring on a huge variety of systems, and there seems to be no common link between these various hardware/software setups besides the 3024 patch, and perhaps 512MB Ram (Most system specs listed have this much, and there was a bug I encountered years ago with some peice of software, Everquest or Win98, that caused crashed if you had that amount of ram in the system).

I'm studying programing at University, and have a fair bit of training and experience with troubleshooting hardware issues. As a technician, looking at the hundreds of posts on the forum with hugely varied specs, and the many many detailed and technical posts made by superusers trying to find a solution to the problem makes the cause of the problem pretty damn clear.

Its irresponsible to even suggest that people should be tweaking their bios, the inner workings of their OS, and replacing hardware to get a game to run stable that ran fine for months untill a patch
    was released that introduced a fatal error into the game.

Sorry for the hostility in the first post, but people take these suggestions seriously and stress testing a healthy system(especially one that hasn't been cleaned properly in ages), can do a lot more harm that good. I just can't see how you can associate a bad patch with failing hardware, especially on systems that perform optimally on everything but UT2k4 patched to 3024.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the GPF errors are concerned I found a workaround that seems to help in Win XP at least:

Go to Controll Panel -> System
    Advanced Tab -> Performance
    Settings -> Advanced Tab

Select Virtual Memory Settings -> change and then tick the option under no page file, then reboot your system.

This deletes the pagefile that stores your virtual memory, the crash seems to corrupt it and once it occurs the problems become more and more frequent. Your system will eventually crash again, but at least you can get a few solid hours of play in.

One thing I have noticed is that the crash seems to occur most often when you automatically download a file from the server your connecting to. I'm not sure if this is what triggers the bug or if the act of downloading it just speeds up the virtual memory corruption thats already taking place.

Skaarj

Thanks for this thread guys. Adjusted my memory settings to 7,3,3,3 (were 7,3,3,2.5) and no more crashes in ut 2004.
    Had this same problem in ut2003, so will see if it cures that too.

Skaarj

Default I got a suggestion

I dont know if this will help you but it did for me. Have you tryed getting a new cables,ram,case,fans,and power supply, it worked for me, I had an old comp that crashed literaly about once an hour repetidly for no reason what so ever, I was under the impretion that a virus of some type wrought itself to the BIOS based on the fact that it crashed so often even after reinstall, And this machine got so hot that you could literaly fry an egg over it, I kinda fixed the problem by putting a new Antec truepower 430 in it, ran cooler, still crashed, ran memtest and found a bad ram stick, removed it system ran ok, now after a new case and fans the pathetic 1.3 G\hz machine looked and performed sweet, never crashed synce modifacations in early May. good luck, it took me 3 years to sotp the thing from crashing.

Skaarj

HI forget my previous post about tweaking the bios.I did seem to work for a little while but wasnt it.But what i found that worked was the latest patch i installed on Ut website.So im playing as long as i like now .And one thing everyone should consider is what the last post said about PSU.I have been getting random reboots every now and then and im convinced its my cheap psu.Its an Achieve brand and it was on a list in an article i just read that said dont buy Its a bad psu.It says if you get random reboots and freezes a power supply is a good culprit.As it said and in a PC Maintenece book im reading(Dont skimp on the power supply)THats a componant you should think hard about i bet a new Antec will solve my little reboot issues and lockups So heed the warnings as a bad one can BLOW YOur Whole system.

Default PSU's

Yepp,

PSU's can cause many headaches. TomsHardware did some reviews in the past about them and found a bunch of issues to look out for. I have an Antec 300W (Paid for a 400W though and got screwed, but that's another story) and I'm quite happy with it. (still wish I had the one I paid for though, oh well, live and learn).

And a PSU that blows out can sometimes fry all your electronics in a flash, literally. A $50 steel case with a 300W PSU is probably not a good bargain, but not always, just do your research and find out what you are really getting (or put in a better PSU).

A little quality pays you back in working dependably when you need it to. I will never buy "off the shelf" PC's again, they are usually borderline obsolete and/or poor quality components.

*Oh yeah, sometimes the BIOS reads the memory SPD settings for RAM incorrectly, check to make sure if in doubt.

Skaarj

I really haven't had any scrashing bugs wit UT2004. Even though most every part of my machine is OC'd. I have two sticks of PC2700 running at 350Mhz. I can get them up to 400Mhz for a while (a few hours) but they really can't run at that speed too long. Of course, I do have a PC3200 Cosair Platinum XMS series which is all but uselesss. I can't even get the machine to boot off it.

I have lot's of fans, two videocards (with support for four monitors) Both TV in and Out capabilities. Impressive for a system a year and half old. (It has a P4 2666 running at 3GHz).

Skaarj

Oh yea heres the Article about buying a PSU.Mines the first one on the list of bad PSUs yikes http://ricserv.servebeer.com/psu.php

Skaarj

Various repeated UT 2K4 crashes

I too had serious UT 2K4 crash problems while all other programs ran fine.
    This is a new moderately fast computer system:
    MB = ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE DUAL PORT RAM / HYPERTHREADING
    CPU = P-4 2.8 HT 1MB cache
    RAM = 2 ea KINGSTON 512MB DDR400 PC3200 DUAL PORT
    VIDEO CARD = eVGA FX5700 256 MB DDR

Some crashes ended in bug report to Atari, some with mini mem dump to Microsoft and others with instant reboot!
    All trouble shooting pointed to memory so I started moving one stick at a time through the 4 slots. I found one stick that would play in one slot!
    I have now replaced the memory with 4ea KINGMAX 512 MB DDR400 PC-3200 and the system is now solid.
    ASUS sent me a good troubleshooting page for the problem!
    I have just downloaded the system test you referenced and will test it this weekend.
    Thank you for the article.

Skaarj

Memory issues or so I thought...my problem turned out to be the middle slot of the motherboard...who would have thought...as long as I don't run a memory stick in the middle slot, I have no crashes or hang ups...stranger things have happened

Skaarj

Early prime95 test results

I tested my system using prime95 for a 4 hr. period with only a minimal raise in CPU temperature (3 c) and no errors. I then got brave and decided to continue the test and also give UT 2K4 a workout at the same time as the mem usage in the testing seemed too light. I played ALL levels in "Instant Action" with only one "PAUSE". I then shut down UT only and went to bed. The next noon I stopped prime95 and after 16 hrs testing including 4 with UT runnung, there were no errors or warnings. UT did not seem to suffer either with the test running concurrently.
    By the way, I have 4 memory slots and all are currently full.
    :up:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Prime95 is useful to test if your overclocked works stable :up: Like does your cooling work.

Skaarj

Cool

i had the same problem try cpu test ram test all passt with flying colors so i try one more thing i run DXDIAG.EXE and guess what it crash the same way UT2004 Crashes.. mmm make me think that direct x files must be wrong... have any of u guys try runing this and see if it crashes or it's jus me

MSgt. Shooter Person

I ran Memtest86 and received errors. After trying my RAM in my brother's computer and it failing with Memtest86, i ran each chip separately and then together on my computer and received no errors. I can assume that these errors cannot correct themselves. What seems to be wrong here?

Skaarj

i had the same problem run mem test cpu test all past i even change video card and no problems but only wen i play UT so i read thru the entire forums and there was a post about
    ram timing, so i went to my mobo bios and change the speed to my ram. it was set to 333 but my ram can handle up to 400 so i set the ram speed to 266 and it runs perfic no crashes. well i don't see much of a diference between speeds. but if it work then i will keep it. try it my work for u....

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have read the MOBO manual and i may have had my 2 sticks in slots that weren't on the preffered table so i switched it and will test this. I have tried playing with my FSB to get my RAM at a highers speed than 200 but to no luck hen booting up BIOS tells me its notgonna work. Perhaps someone can help me on this? I would really like to use my RAM fully

Iron Guard

byrongros, it might be that you have two RAM chips that are great by themselves, but fail to work together. I had this happen once before. If the chips won't synch with each other, usually there isn't much you can do other than return one of them and try another chip. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes one specific chip just will not work with another specific chip.

Skaarj

Does the videocard memory has anything to do with the crashes? I found out that in my BIOS settings I have AGP Aperature size at 64mb. SHould I bump that up to 128mb since I have a 128mb card? (9500pro)

Also, should I disable fast write in the bios? Or only in the ATI driver

MSgt. Shooter Person

Normally if your computer passes prime95 test all crashes you get can be traced back to a driver problem. I don't think a bad memory chip on the video card would give you a crash but rather some distortions in the video visible as flashing pixels or such.
    Set the AGP apparture size to 64MB or 128MB and you don't need to worry about it any more (this setting is important but isn't a reason for crashes).
    Enabling/Disabling AGP fast writes/sidebands and other AGP settings can cause crashes so you'd better test them one by one to see the effect while trying to optimize the FPS.
    Just one more point. Although your system may pass prime95 test it may yet fail because of the overhitting the RAM modules specially with very fast memory settings. The reason is that prime95 does not heat up the graphics card and HDD and other parts of the system but CPU and SRAMs so internal temperature of the case can go higher in a game like UT2004. I've noticed that in my computer the hottest parts are the SRAM modules (round 55░ C) and if it is a hot day here, they may go up to 60 degrees where randomly they may cause a failure! But it only happens under UT2004 and with prime95 they are usually 3~4 degrees cooler as the temperature inside the case is lower for the prime95.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Alright, this is getting on my nerves a bit here...all other games run fine, including Postal 2, Doom 3, and other "heavy hitters", but UT2004 crashes in many different ways all the time! It will either just freeze it and/or the entire system, crash with a GPF, or cause a BSOD. Prime95 gave me this error after running for about 2 minutes:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

I hear it's a problem only with overclocked CPU's, yet mine is at stock EVERYTHING. Stock voltage, stock speed, stock FSB. All of it. What's going on here? My specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+
    1024MB PC2700 RAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128MB

Please be more specific about your problems (with UT that is, most of us won't care about your mental state )
    Error messages, when it happens, under what conditions.
    More info = better help.
    Also check the ut log files, there may be hints in there you can use to find out what happened depending on the problem.

Try the standard testing procedure (any order, read all, not sorted):
    -run a chkdsk on all you disk drives
    -(optional) run defrag afterwards
    -run a few benchmarks/testers, especially those than can test specific hardware (goldmemory or prime95 (or both or more, etc) for ram; sandra for many components plus burn-in, futuremarl's 3dmark, etc)
    - check your system and application event logs (all of it) for errors warnings etc.
    - try re-installing (I had morrowind crap out on me due to a poor install before by not rebooting before applying patches and expansions)
    - WHEN INSTALLING SOMETHING AND IT SAYS REBOOT, DO IT!
    -when in doubt after installing something, reboot (Windows sucks at file version management sometimes)
    -if you have pci cards, sometimes having card X in slot Y causes problems, mix them up if you suspect a conflict (not easy to find, slow to do, but miracles DO happen)
    - verify your system is actually running at the values it should. Setting everything to AUTO sometimes doesn't work as it should. (life stinks sometimes)
    - I had a "hot spot" on my cpu due to poor thermal compound once. I changed the paste and re-seated the cpu and heat-sink, all fine now (thanks to Sandra co.) The stuff pre-applied on your heatsink is inferior to almost anything else you apply (even the white kind).
    - make sure you have the latest drivers for your system components (chipset, video, sound, network, etc). avoid the ones on windows update if you can (I've had mixed results here myself).
    -try to recreate the problems you are having (get them to occur consistently if possible). It is far easier to fix a known, specific problem you can 'cause', than a random one.
    - virus-scan, try using a free web-based one too from a DIFFERENT company if you can (I like trendmicro's myself), or if you suspect yours may be missing something.
    - if you made changes to any UT ini files back them up and delete them to cause UT to reset them (be carefull, research what files you can do this with FIRST). If it is stable with the defaults, you found the problem.
    - scan for ad/spyware (also check in system manager for unknown processes that may be running (carefull here).
    -clean out you ut cache folder (you can also find a utility that will change the GUID (alphanumeric) names to real (readable) names and put them in the right folders. I made a DOS script myself for this (paranoia about other peoples code and MY key).

ALSO:
    Are you sure the cpu is really what you bought? I've heard some horror stories about bad dealers OC'ing chips and passing them off to buyers as higher end chips for more money (mostly in pre-built systems). You can read the cpu id on your cpu and get the "translation" guide from AMD's website if in doubt. Also, some mobo's slightly OC everything from the get-go for better benchmark scores (kinda like cheating really), Sandra2004 can let you know the bus speeds, etc (for example mine is 134 MHz, not 133).

MSgt. Shooter Person

got replacement RAM wee, butr i had the same problem earlier I just might quit UT altogether

Skaarj

Well i just upgraded to xp home edition and im playing as long as i wont without crash,not one yet.So i guess mine is fixed shouldve upgraded long ago.I was freezing and crashing and random reboot before, seems to have all gone.I even have to different brands of ram one stick of crucial and one stick Mosel Vitalic everyone said it was the two brands of ram but guess not.I would use the verified guarantee driver supplied by xp maybe.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey now there'as an idea I havent considered. I will have to try that

Skaarj

Default My Fix For UT2004 Lockups

Hi all,

Just wanted to share what made the lock-ups I was experiencing in UT2004 go away. I have an Asus ASUS A7N8X MB and an Athlon XP 2500+ Barton processor. I was overclocking the FSB to 400 Mhz (set to 200 in the BIOS) so the processor would be a full-on 3200+ at 2.2G. I set my Vcore to 1.8V from 1.65V to make the system stable (or so I thought). All 2D applications (Windows XP SP1) ran fine, no problems. All other 3D applications (read games!) ran fine, albeit with some stuttering at times, which I attributed to only 512M of RAM or to the video card (GeForce4 Ti-4200). The only game that crashed with regularity was UT2004, usually after playing for only about 5-10 minutes. After upgrading my video card to a GeForce 6800, I still got the same crashes. Increasing my Vcore more provided measure of better stability, but crashes still occurred. I finally backed my FSB down to 190 Mhz in the BIOS, and now all is well! No more crashes. Just a lesson... you may believe your overclocked system is stable and want to quickly blame the crashes on something else, but check to make sure your setup is truly stable (when overclocking) before exploring any other possibilities.

Hope this helps.

Skaarj
    bigkiss to the threadstarter :heart:
    i had problems with lockups and freezings and reboots
    i dont know why but one day they just suddenly started
    so i did ALOOOT of testing and thought it was my ram that was fault
    so i tried prime95 and boom it made my comp crash within 30 seconds
    so another user tipped me i should try to bump up the vcore and vdimm one step up from default
    i was scared to do this but i did it anyway and whaaaaaaaaam no more crashes!!!
    w00t!

MSgt. Shooter Person

ok vcore and ddr didnt work. i have 3 ddr voltage settings and like 8 vcore, only used the first 3. I tried every combination and it seems the higher i go the more it would crash. at the highest it would crash windows so i reset all my states to where they were before, oh well no ut2k4 for me :*(

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default WEEEE!!!

CPU external frequency, why did i never see that? ALl I did was lower it from 166 to 133 and boom, played for an hour with no probs. Hope this can help others. I've tried everything, replaced vid card, ram, and so many tests and voltage tests. Only to know it was this 1 setting baffles me. Well off to ganming, hope to see u guys out there

Skaarj

Alot of useful info in this thread I just wish some of it would fix my problem. I've never had any problems with UT2004 or UT2003 until two days ago. All crashes result in total system reboot. At first the crashes would only happened while playing DM, but now it happens in all gametypes. Oddly enough like others I have had no problems with any of the other games installed on my system, ie Doom3, FarCry, Americas Army, Painkiller.

Hopefully some of you Tech Guru's can explain what this means?

This is what is in my sys dump.

9/4/2004 3:39:21 AM - First system crash with UT2004
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xb6fa4343).

9/4/2004 3:53:06 AM
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xb6fa4343).

9/5/2004 1:45:16 AM
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xb6f7c343).

9/5/2004 2:40:05 AM

9/5/2004 3:14:45 PM

9/6/2004 3:20:02 PM

9/6/2004 4:54:55 PM

9/6/2004 6:38:02 PM - First system crash with UT2003
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xb6f8e680, 0xb65997dc, 0x00000000).

**Update**
    It appears that one of the codes deals with the compatability of sound card drivers. So I totally removed anything dealing with my sound card, Audigy Gamer, and reinstalled all software and drivers. Game works now. Hopefully this will help someone else.
    Last edited by legacy-LoadToad; 09-12-2004 at 06:57 PM.

Skaarj

very, very good tip. prime95 helped me solve a reliability prob with a stick of ram i had. thx for the link.

Skaarj

Been havign problems with my UT ,.. general protection faults at random then read this sticky .>.. altho everythign else would run fine :S

My PC was failing the test after less then 15 mins into it .. sometimes within 4 mins ! so i removed one of my RAM modules and did the test agian for over 90 mins with nps .. i then replaced the failed chip for one form another PC and ran the TEST for almost 3 hours .... CONCLUSION ... PRIME95 really does work !!! and i now have a more stable PC because of it !!!

Whether my UT problems are fixed tho i dunno .. we will see

Iron Guard

i have just re-formatted my system, and all is as it was when i bought my pc, i installed UT2004 and played.... then, about 30 mins after i started it up, the PC shut down and restarted, no increase in fan speed or anything, the only hint i got was the fact that my character lurched forward about 3 seconds in time, before the formatting, it worked with no errors whatsoever... anyone know what could have sparked it off?
    also, i have checked my system, and it meets the requiements by quite a bit,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast