Redeemer

Judge Judy Voice pack

Some great news for all you voice pack lovers out there. Rainecloud, who used to run The Voiceshrine [superb UT voice site] http://voiceshrine.beyondunreal.com/ has released his first voice for UT2004, the hilariously offensive and rather
    intelligent "Judge Judy" (taken from the popular American tv courtroom show).

Pack information: 10 Acknowledgements, 7 Friendly Fires, 33 Taunts. Orders, too.

http://www.thefarplane.co.uk/rainecl...4voicepack.zip

Even better news is that he has now figured out how to make voices for UT2004 finally and if he gets enough requests he will start converting more voices for UT2004 such as Homer Simpson and Stephen Hawking

So come on let's all let him know we want more voicepacks

From the readme....
    "Notes: A lot of you might recall my name from "The Voiceshrine" which was a popular site dedicated to voicepacks for the original Unreal Tournament. Many great packs were made, such as the Stephen Hawking rap pack, the Captain Kirk pack, the Homer Simpson pack and many more. Hundreds of packs were submitted to me over the years, and I had a great time updating the site. However, when UT2003 came out, I gave up, as I couldn't figure
    out how to make voicepacks for the damn game. See, the way the voices were bound to the characters was completely different from the original UT. Anyway, I finally figured it out, and here I am (again) with some hilarious new packs for you to enjoy. Well, actually, this one is the only one available at the moment, but if I get enough praise, responses (in my e-mail inbox) and comments, I'll make some more for you all to enjoy! Oh, and if
    anyone wants to host my new site (which actually works this time), please let me know."

Comments/Questions to: elenquende@hotmail.com

MSgt. Shooter Person

lol...judge judy, cant w8 2 see what that sounds like, im dling it now

MSgt. Shooter Person

They need some kelso or red(from that 70s show) voices too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Theres a bug in UT2K4 and/or UnrealEd that makes custom voicepacks play at lowered volumes... Have you found a way around this?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default to answer

To answer your question, this was in the readme text regarding that.

I've found that if you change your
    "Music Volume" to between 10-20, your "Effects Volume" to between 50-60 and then turn
    your speakers up pretty loud, it works really well! The different "Audio Mode" settings
    also make a difference, but you'll have to find out which mode works best for you.

MSgt. Shooter Person

this is too good. stephen hawking would be 100000000 times better thought! STEPHEN!:bulb:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by XP2
    Theres a bug in UT2K4 and/or UnrealEd that makes custom voicepacks play at lowered volumes... Have you found a way around this?
    You can just raise the TransientSoundVolume in your voicepack class defaultproperties. I think 0.3 is the default, and 0.75 worked well for my voice pack.
    Dan

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default question

Does anyone have an idea how to setup the dedicated server so that people that join your server will get the files for this voicepack? I installed it on my server and logged in and it was not downloaded to me. I have URL redirection running, and all the files are there...how will people here this voice if they don't have the pack?

Redeemer

Anyway let's bug him to release more voice packs

Iron Guard

Originally posted by FBMachine
    You can just raise the TransientSoundVolume in your voicepack class defaultproperties. I think 0.3 is the default, and 0.75 worked well for my voice pack.
    Dan
    Wow, that was a big help! Now I can turn up my music and still hear the voice packs. Thanks a bunch! Which voice pack are you talking about? Could I have a link please?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by Lopar-XL
    Which voice pack are you talking about? Could I have a link please?
    It's nothing exciting:
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=364692
    Dan

Hi, Rainecloud here.

I just thought I'd pop in to thank you for your e-mails and support. The site is coming along nicely, and it should be open to the public sometime this week (Friday, hopefully).

I'm in the process of porting my old voicepacks (UT) to UT2004, as I had so many good ones. In fact, my e-mail inbox has been quite busy with requests for a certain "Stephen Hawking" voicepack. xD

Anyway, thanks once again. I don't intend to become a regular poster here, I just wanted to drop in and thank you for your kind words. I had no idea my voicepacks were so popular...even though they've all been downloaded thousands of times.

~Raine.

PS - thanks for sorting out my 'quiet voice' bug. The Judge Judy pack will be re-released in FULL volume when the site opens, as will a few other special packs (Darth Vader, Homer Simpson, Stephen Hawking, etc). I'm also working on a Dr. Zoidberg voice, which should be hilarious. Oh, and a tutorial is in the works, too.

Redeemer

Great news Rainecloud, can't wait to hear the new voices, I really appreciate what you're doing.

Skaarj

judge judy is one of the most obnoxious people on tv today, i refuse to dl this!

Iron Guard

Originally posted by Techx
    judge judy is one of the most obnoxious people on tv today, i refuse to dl this!
    What you could do, since you don't like her, is attach the voice to a bot and then frag her to bloody chunks over and over again! :haha:

What you could do, since you don't like her, is attach the voice to a bot and then frag her to bloody chunks over and over again!
    That was the original idea... xD

Redeemer

IMHO Judge Judy is too soft attitude-wise for the tournament especially for the order-section.

Also the orders don't make any sense, but that's always a problem with voicepacks that use existing material.

// --
    Originally posted by Mr. Voicepack
    Hi, Rainecloud here.
    PS - thanks for sorting out my 'quiet voice' bug. The Judge Judy pack will be re-released in FULL volume when the site opens, as will a few other special packs (Darth Vader, Homer Simpson, Stephen Hawking, etc). I'm also working on a Dr. Zoidberg voice, which should be hilarious. Oh, and a tutorial is in the works, too.
    Any chance to see a good robot/android voicepack ?
    Preferably something with "Exterminate ! EXTERMINATE!" as a taunt ?

/me thinks an original Gollem/Smeagol would be a nice alien/nightmare-alternative ...
    (I've been practicing ... but we hates its accent ... yesssch ... master says it's not quite good enough for me )

Iron Guard

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
    IMHO Judge Judy is too soft attitude-wise for the tournament especially for the order-section.

Also the orders don't make any sense, but that's always a problem with voicepacks that use existing material.
    Agreed. I've had trouble with that too when making samples from movies. You should at least let one of the default voices take over in the places where your voice pack samples won't work right. The end result may sound awkward sometimes, but you'll have a fully functional VP.

Any chance to see a good robot/android voicepack ?
    Preferably something with "Exterminate ! EXTERMINATE!" as a taunt ?
    I'm working on one right now. It's fully of long-winded technical jargon in an electronic, monotone voice. I have a beta version available here: Robot-XL

Redeemer

Sweet
    I'll listen to that one once I've got time.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The best robot voicepack I've come across is that which comes with the Junkyard Mech model. That one is hilarious.

Iron Guard

Sweet
    I'll listen to that one once I've got time.
    Could you send me that PM again please? I just had to clear out my inbox.

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia