MSgt. Shooter Person

Default One-liner help thread - read this to improve your game

OK, I'll start. Let's get everyone up to speed!

Play the occasional game using only one weapon type that you feel you need to improve upon

Practice switching between weapons so that you are always ready with the appropriate weapon for the situation - this can be spotting groups of people and switching to shock to take them all out, or switching to LG when going down a long hall, or loding up 3 rockets for spamming around a corner. Practice weapon switching until you don't know you're doing it.

Learn to 'shoot round corners' ie When taking people out, try and keep covered

Don't do the newb thing of automatically running towards the enemy! Stay the appropriate distance away for the weapon you are using!

Don't forget the shield, put it on a useful key/mouse button, try binding it using pipeweaponswitch so that you can get it out and put it away without having to do too much switching

Get the hang of the goo gun. Its invaluable. Spam an area, then fire into it.

ALWAYS have a go at an LG to the head. You may do better than you think. Get the hang of always taking a pot shot as you approach the enemy before you bring out a different weapon such as machine gun.

Switch to shield primary when being chased round corners and double back killing the oponent.

Learnt to fire rockets and flak while jumping immediately sideways.

Learn to do a double boost dodge FORWARDS as well as sideways. Jumping right over newbs when they're not expecting it alwaysa freaks them out.

WAIT till your opponent is where you need them to be to kill them with flak secondary. WAIT. Yes, I said WAIT. TIME IT.

Go for people with goo and flak secondary when they dodge or jump. WAIT. As soon as you see someone dodge, line up to hit their landing spot. WAIT. Did I say wait? Yes, wait and time it, you have longer than you think. Calm down.

Know your map. Goes without saying.

Check how many places you can see the AMP from. Always keep a check on it. Same goes for the shield powerups.

Get in the habit of choosing paths that collect adrenaline. Don't forget, INVISIBLE + AMP = complete nightmare for everyone else.

Don't get excited just cos you did an adreneline combo. Play as you would normally or you'll die pretty quickly on a crowded server.

Don't 'jump into the fray' of battle. Jump onto the outskirts of battle and pick people off from the side.

That also goes for people stuck in a 'duel' situation - get the hang of spotting people having difficulty taking each other and do them both a favour.

Practice tracking people with the machine gun. Follow people with it while always aiming for the head. Keep doing it till you can do it every which way.

Practice up and down as well as left and right, something newbs are bad at. Try and get periphery vision working up and down so you can always spot someone on a ledge.

Get the hang of looking all around you as you run. Kind of spinning, walking backwards etc all at the same time but still going in the same direction.

Iron Guard

This thread is a misadvertisment as I clearly see more than one line!

I can't be bothered to read that! Seriously you're posting to a bunch of ADD cases here. I need a synopsis! :weird:

Iron Guard

say good game at the end and dont be whiner during it.

that just about covers it all I guess

Redeemer

Nice :up:

BTW:

There is a bot out called "you stand still you die"
    :bulb:

MSgt. Shooter Person

werd

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Re: One-liner help thread - read this to improve your game

Originally posted by BevvyB=[Missbot
    Practice tracking people with the machine gun. Follow people with it while always aiming for the head. Keep doing it till you can do it every which way.
    What? The minigun does extra damage when aimed on the head?

I never knew that ... :weird:

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Re: One-liner help thread - read this to improve your game

Originally posted by BevvyB=[Missbot
    {Tips}
    Good post. :up:

Don't underestimate an opponent - even a newb running in a straight line can steal your precious frag.

Prisoner 849

Kill.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Install Brightskins to actually see if your opponent if you're not running the lastest excuse for a penis extension.