Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Skaarj

Insane or if someone else know this, i want to config my mouse to change the weapons like u did. i set the left and right brackets just like you do in the user file, but i am unable to set my mouse buttons to those keys.

the mouse i use is a microsoft intelli optical, which is almost like the one you use.

if you know of a program or know the file i need to edit it would be great.

note i have the lastest drivers for the software as well, so thats not the problem

MSgt. Shooter Person

if you havent already, try disabeling all anti virus software before running the game..
    drivers for you laptop are usually found on your laptop manufacturers homepage.. like dell or compac

Skaarj

OK, how do I install a mod in .ut4mod format?

Skaarj

How I make to resolve the problem of the lag-mouse?

Skaarj

Default Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by .InSanE.

I wrote a .bat file in notepad (which kills programs while UT2004 is running and they open again when it is closed). To do this open up notepad and write

Code:
    taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe 
    taskkill /F /IM type32.exe 

start /wait C:\games\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe 

start C:\Windows\explorer.exe 
    start C:\Games\UT2004\System\type32
    [/B]
    i tried what you wrote above but it keeps on saying that

"C:\UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
    'taskkill' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."

any ideas?

Prisoner 849

I get a invalid CD Key message do I really need to re-install?┐

Skaarj

Insane, I need some help with the BAT file you wrote. The problem is that my Unreal Tournament exe is located in C:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

When I run the BAT, it can't read past "Program" because of the space that follows. How do I get it to recognize the space as part of the file path?

Thanx

Skaarj

I opologize if this is a repeat. I really would like to know if everyone or the unlucky few is getting really slow load times when joining servers or changing maps. And sometimes the the loading screen stays on but never connects. Also I just purchased a new video card and it runs awesome but when you dog fight or are in close combat its lags like crazy. I would appreciate any help. Best regards

P4 2.6 fsb800
    ASUS P4P800
    1gig Kingston 400mhz
    Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
    SB Audigy2

Skaarj

Default Re: Re: UT2004 Help, slow load times, adrenaline combos etc (Unofficial Help)

Originally posted by TheDylMan
    i tried what you wrote above but it keeps on saying that

"C:\UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
    'taskkill' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."

any ideas?
    ditto here too, minus the system path, i have it directly in UT2004, but i get that message.

EPSILON: try using an underscore where the space should be

Skaarj

Originally posted by sti/<up/<id
    I opologize if this is a repeat. I really would like to know if everyone or the unlucky few is getting really slow load times when joining servers or changing maps. And sometimes the the loading screen stays on but never connects. Also I just purchased a new video card and it runs awesome but when you dog fight or are in close combat its lags like crazy. I would appreciate any help. Best regards

P4 2.6 fsb800
    ASUS P4P800
    1gig Kingston 400mhz
    Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
    SB Audigy2
    I had a very similar problem. Turned out to be my router. I probably could've just rebooted it, but I updated the firmware and now UT2K4 works exactly as it should.

For me, I could get in games fine, but when the game was over and a new one was about to begin, I'd see the black screen with the server path and it would hang right there. Sucked having to go to server browser and do a *manual refresh*. Hope that helped!

Skaarj

Default RE: .bat file for closeing down all running programs

I've tried this .bat file and all I get is a message telling me it doesn't recognise 'taskkill' - any ideas? UT just loads up without shutting down running programs. please help

Skaarj

Originally posted by Epsilon
    Insane, I need some help with the BAT file you wrote. The problem is that my Unreal Tournament exe is located in C:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

When I run the BAT, it can't read past "Program" because of the space that follows. How do I get it to recognize the space as part of the file path?

Thanx
    What you have to do when using locations with a space in them ie Program Files is to take the first 6 letters and add ~1 so program files becomes Progra~1

so to get the bat to work try start c:\progra~1\ut2004\system\ut2004.exe

and if you want it to say work with the all seeing eye

do start c:\progra~1\ut2004\system\ut2004.exe %*

Skaarj

What you have to do when using locations with a space in them ie Program Files is to take the first 6 letters and add ~1 so program files becomes Progra~1
    what if you have a path like:

start C:\Progra~1\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

no only is the space earlier than 6 letters, but i also have a "ATI Multimedia" folder in program files, so using ATI~1 would screw it up i think...

also, "all seeing eye"?

Skaarj

yeah, still no worky. have "Internet Apps" and Internet Explorer" as well as the ATI folders, and throws up error as if the file is not there. (maybe win is looking in wrong folder?)

"C:\Progra~1\Intern~1\avg\avgcc32.exe does not exist..."

any suggestions?

Skaarj

Originally posted by sojrner
    what if you have a path like:

start C:\Progra~1\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

no only is the space earlier than 6 letters, but i also have a "ATI Multimedia" folder in program files, so using ATI~1 would screw it up i think...

also, "all seeing eye"?
    take the first 6 letters

ATItec~1
    aticon~1
    etc etc ignore the spaces and join it as one word
    if you ever get two identical ones the first alphabetically becomes ~1 and second ~2 (say for example ATI technologies a and ATi technologies b)

MSgt. Shooter Person

thaks for putting in how to use addrenalin combos. i had no idea what i was doing. thanks for the help. and if any one knows how i can get sound back for ut04 go to http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=416211

thanks again. :up:

Skaarj

Default i have a problem with that!!!!

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
    taskkill /F /IM type32.exe

start /wait C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

start C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    start C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe

i have serious problem with that.
    i did that... in notepad ... saved as type32.bat.
    when im opening this - explorer is still working,

command-C:UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

'taskkill' is not recognazed as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

next one-

C:UT2004\System>taskkill /F /IM type32.exe

'taskkill' is not recognazed as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

and i cant close the UT2004 ..after i close it its starting again , and again.
    the idea is great to free some RAM but please help me with this. i have win XP home, thx.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I reinstalled the game and got the sound back, and none of my maps or mods were erased. So try that if all else fails.

Cool

hi all
    new to utk4 need some help on using a microphone in online games. like i got no idea how to set it up. pls hlp a old fool. have read through FAQ and thread's till my eye;s are blue and teary.

Bonus vehicles dont show up (played with bots only). What to do?!?!? I played on other computers (bots and friends) and they worked. I have v3355.
    Help please!!!

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxic
    Well it takes like ages to load a map for my laptop. I am running a p4 3.0 Ghz Windows Xp Media Center Edition. (AKA Professional it says in my system info) With 1024 meg ram.

I am using a NVDIA Geforce FX GoF5200 Vid card with 64. meg ram. I am using a Toshiba Satellite P25 laptop I have everything on normal except World texture I have set on high. I disable the preloading of characters and that didn't help. I am reformatting my hard drive now so hopefully that will work
    I'm having the same problem and I too have a n'vidia Geforce 5200 and nothing I do works. The only differece id that I have a standard computer and not a laptop.

MSgt. Shooter Person

For all those who get the error "taskkill not recognized command" and stuff.
    Read the following:
    http://www.computerhope.com/taskkill.htm

When you get the error, you're probably running windows XP Home. If so, I found no solution yet. The command is just not accesable with windows XP Home. I'll try searching for a way to make it accesable.

Grtz,
    death

yea i need some help WHEN I START THE GAME IT SAYS INVALID CD CODE WHAT DO I DO I INSTALLED IT AGIAN AND AFTER THAT CHANGE THE KEY CODE AND WHEN I WENT TO LOOK FOR HELP IT SAID TO PUT IN hyphens between each set of five characters why is that

Banned

for some reason my jump pads don't make you jump. they give you a tiny little shove in an upwardly direction, and you're back on the same piece of ground before you even notice that you've barely moved. i really don't want to uninstall my fav mutators (excessive overkill and psionics) nor do i want (or really know how, although i have a vague idea) to go into UnrealEd and fix every jump pad on every single map manually, so help! i have a whole whack of mods installed, including CBP2, and the jump pads don't work. what do i do?

can anyone help me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12