Thread: Black Monkey?

Skaarj

Red face Black Monkey?

Throughout the past week or two, I've been constantly playing UT2003. But in two instances, I've received an odd message from the announcer. It does not appear to be a rank, like "Godlike" or "Unstoppable," but instead seems very random. :weird: The phrase I'm talking about is "Black Monkey." I have no idea why it is said or what it means, and I am hoping that another person that may have heard this would be able to inform me as to what it means and why and when it is said. Thanks!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Its Flak Monkey...you get it when you kill 15 people with the flak. There is also Combo Whore-15 combos- and Head Hunter-15 head shots. Dunno of any others.

Skaarj

Post oh....haha

Oooh..."Flak" Monkey... ...hehe, that makes a hell of a lot more sense. Thanks a lot, it was kinda bugging me.

Skaarj

15 headshots!!!! im lucky to manage to hit a couple of people at all lol

ive been playing nearly two weeks and although im gettin better (i can now stay alive nearly 10 secs at a time) progress is pretty slow.

ive played quite a few games online now mainly medal of honour i was good at that lol

ive had this game a year now and fancied a go online but some of the players are good i mean really good ,it seems one of the hardest games to get used to but im gonna stick at it and im determined to one day pick that bloody flag up and get it back to my base....at least once in my life!!!! is that too much to ask??? i think not :sour:

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm still surprised that so many people that are fragging everybody with the FLAK Cannon at the time, still manage to hear BLACK monkey.
    I keep hearing this again and again and again.
    Is colour such an important aspect of monkeys that "Black" comes to mind when you hear "(...) Monkey"?
    Apparently so...

Mind you, this is not a flame, because everyone is just 1 person, and it's very possible to mishear something; it happens to me as well, but I find it amazing so many people (mis)hear the very same word.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Re: oh....haha

Originally posted by Fr0St
    Oooh..."Flak" Monkey... ...hehe, that makes a hell of a lot more sense. Thanks a lot, it was kinda bugging me.
    And you would be surpriced to hear how many have heard it as Black Monkey
    Sometimes i think i'm the onlyone that heard it right @ first time (well second cuz first time i got it, i was in middle of a battle and i just heard announcer to say something :P)

Prisoner 849

Originally posted by jupiter
    15 headshots!!!! im lucky to manage to hit a couple of people at all lol

ive been playing nearly two weeks and although im gettin better (i can now stay alive nearly 10 secs at a time) progress is pretty slow.

ive played quite a few games online now mainly medal of honour i was good at that lol

ive had this game a year now and fancied a go online but some of the players are good i mean really good ,it seems one of the hardest games to get used to but im gonna stick at it and im determined to one day pick that bloody flag up and get it back to my base....at least once in my life!!!! is that too much to ask??? i think not :sour:
    Its true, UT2003 has a MASSIVE learning curve, it takes a long time to get good at the game. But I suppose thats what makes it so great, you can constantly improve. Just stick with it man and you'll love it

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yah, ive thought "Flak Monkey" was "Black Monkey" for a while. Ive for some reason thought "Hat Trick" was "Patrick". Anyway, what IS a Hat Trick now that it's mentioned?

Redeemer

Originally posted by Skarjj Master
    Ive for some reason thought "Hat Trick" was "Patrick".
    :haha:

hattrick is scoring 3 times in a row (capturing a flag or shooting a goal in bombing run)

MSgt. Shooter Person

uhh... DER.... I think I might substitute my grammy's beef soup for the Stupidity Curing Pill 4000Ö.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Flak Monkey, ..............That Funky Monkey!

Boomshot

OGM FLASK MONKEY!!!11111 i am A FLASK MONKEY RWAR!

Skaarj

DUDE! I wish I could be a Black Monkey! Thatd be the coolest thing ever

Palace Guard

Please look these kinds of topics up before asking next time. I don't know how many times this topic has been covered. Probably twice during this week too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by ChaoticNature
    DUDE! I wish I could be a Black Monkey! Thatd be the coolest thing ever
    :haha:

MSgt. Shooter Person

The other day, I was camping so hard, the announcer said I was a chicken combo!