legacy-Sproket

Exclamation Free Dedicated Server Hanging on Map, is yours?

I built a new server and its the free deicated windows one, 2225.
    I have UT2vote16 on it and I think that may be the problem. I going to take it off.

Anyways..After one map is done(only sometimes this happens) you pick another map from mapvote and it just hangs and gives you a connection failed message.

This happens during the day at odd times.
    I just switch the map manually and ALL IS FINE.
    Then it will work great for hours and hours.

I get all these level server recieved: GAMESTATE 2375678056hg123876568923 in log
    and
    HAVE GUID C89234589FHG780680760HJH

also.

Is this Gamespy crap?

I did change
    UPLINKTOGAMESPY=False
    BehindNat=True
    but then this morning I noticed it switched back to defualt's.
    Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Thanks

legacy-Sproket

I do have web admin enabled, port 5050, could it be someone messing witht he security hole?
    What do you use to admininstrate your server???

I did see something like this also:UTelAdSE v101

Thanks

Veteran

i have been getting this alot for the last week...until you posted this was the first i heard of anyone else having problems...I am still trying to figure it out.. I am getting my files together to format the server right now...does anyone have an explanation?? or is it a localized problem?

legacy-Sproket

frogger187:
    I use Norton's Ghost to backup NTFS partition to a Fat32 partition so restoring the C: drive is not a problem, takes about 5 minutes.
    I would suggest you do something like this also.

Well I just removed Mapvote16 and set it up to auto change maps as so defined in ut2003.ini.

I will test it like this for a day or two.

I could not go for a solid day without having to change map manually to get server unstuck.

So far so Good.

PS I will try mapvote4.00b11 next.

legacy-Sproket

Not that this means anything but like 4 servers I always play that are always ONLINE are not today. They are always up and running. Hmmmmmmmmm...
    Wonder if they are getting samething.

Veteran

Originally posted by Sproket
    Not that this means anything but like 4 servers I always play that are always ONLINE are not today. They are always up and running. Hmmmmmmmmm...
    Wonder if they are getting samething.
    thanks for replies....I am running Mapvoteb11 right now. I don't think it is a map vote issue. It's like the server is checking with the master server and can't get a reply...but I don't know..I have not formatted yet..hoping it is an issue beyond my connection.. will keep you posted on anything I find out..

Veteran

Sprocket..my problems have gone away..i did nothing to resolve it. I am blaming it on Raod Runner right now...nothing else can explain it...has happended in the past..guess they just do service in the area once in a while and prevent me from keeping a constant connection to master server..hope your issues dissipate as well..

legacy-Sproket

All is well with my server also. But I did a couple of things to resolve. For one I renamed my problem maps and re-installed them. That issue fixed. Took ut2vote16 off and now using ut2votesim4 and all is well. what a little nice mapvote, it doesnt mess w/ mut's either. I will probably try mapvote4b11 sometime but for now Im just adding maps. All mods done. More people showing up on server.
    Its named **HardCoRe..Rapid.Fire..Shotgun & Sniper.Rifle..**
    Something like that.
    Thanks for your help though frogger, I will email you later.
    Sproket