legacy-stealth_ut2003

skinning n00b needs help

hi i would like to make a skin for corrosion.
    how do i do this?
    if you know the first step i need to take please help me.
    if you know any good ut2003 skinning tuts please can i have the link.

i have done a few searches but have found no tutorial sites and i have searched this forum and found nothing that can help me.

p.s is Upaint installed when ut2003 is, or is it seperate, or is it other.

MSgt. Shooter Person

hmm i havnt tried it myself yet but i think u can make ure own skins with utpaint and its on the third disc

legacy-stealth_ut2003

ok ill put upaint on anyway *grabs third disk*
    any one know any tuts

legacy-lRe4peR

Well i know one, it's made by me and it should be pretty noob friendly here's the url: http://www.ut2003files.com/file.info?ID=12555 i've also made another one that explains how to make new portraits ( upaint always gives the same ones for each model...) that one you can get here: http://www.ut2003files.com/file.info?ID=12598

legacy-stealth_ut2003

wow...never has skinning been that easy before

legacy-stealth_ut2003

i have made my first skin very simple at the moment
    how do you make team skins

legacy-stealth_ut2003

oh yeah
    and this
    can you change the bits in green

Player=(DefaultName="V!p3R",Mesh=Bot.BotD,species= xGame.SPECIES_Bot,Portrait=Viper.ViperPortrait,Tex t=XPlayers.BotVI,Sex=Male,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons. FlakCannon,BodySkin=Viper.ViperBody,FaceSkin=Viper .ViperHead,bJumpy=1,Tactics=+4.0,StrafingAbility=+6.0,Accurac y=+4.0)

or is that pointless + will it make the game to easy putting them all as 10, because that seems like you can alter your bots ability (i take its thats the most you can put it as)

legacy-stealth_ut2003

can weapons be skinned with Upaint

legacy-lRe4peR

nope to bad, i can skin weapons but then i have to alter textures...i've been trying for ages to just put it in a mut or something with a new texture but those tut's for modding are just like well...chinese to me (can't be latin since i know that )

legacy-stealth_ut2003

hehehe

but what about this

can you change the bits in green (from the player.upl)

bJumpy=1,Tactics=+4.0,StrafingAbility=+6.0,Accurac y=+4.0)

or is that pointless + will it make the game to easy putting them all as 10, because that seems like you can alter your bots ability (i take its thats the most you can put it as)

legacy-lRe4peR

ther bits in green is the skill level of your skin when beeing a bot...my skins have been only skinpacks uptil now actually and i creat a team of bots that's skillfull so they will be good for those 56k'ers in instant action...if u tell them to cap the flag...they'll cap it bjumpy is jumpy behavior, if u put this in the line the but will dodge and jump more then normal. I also noticed that u could configure bots in the select bot menu in the game but that does nothing...it's like a bot with 60% accuracy and u put it on 90 it will still have 60...but if u alter it in the upl it really works. The +'s before the numbers are used with malcom, brock and lauren, so i suggest u only put these +'s when you wan't a skillfull bot.

legacy-lRe4peR

i have no idea on making teamskins...but if someone does...g_re4per@hotmail.com, msn

Redeemer

Originally posted by lRe4peR
    i have no idea on making teamskins...but if someone does...g_re4per@hotmail.com, msn
    You mean you don't know how to make teamskins? All you do is make a red or blue version of your body texture, and add "_0" or "_1" after the name, for red and blue respectively. It doesn't work on the heads, so don't bother trying.

legacy-lRe4peR

So basicly if i make a skin and the body texture is called WidowmakerBody, then a texture in the packege called WidowmakerBody_0 and WidowmakerBody_1 would be just inuf to make it work? Nothing to change in the upl if it's like that...goddamn that's simple...

legacy-stealth_ut2003

sounds simple enough but ill manage to go wrong somewhere, lol

Redeemer

Originally posted by lRe4peR
    So basicly if i make a skin and the body texture is called WidowmakerBody, then a texture in the packege called WidowmakerBody_0 and WidowmakerBody_1 would be just inuf to make it work? Nothing to change in the upl if it's like that...goddamn that's simple...
    That's all there is to it. :up: