MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation Static Mesh Package Issue

I think i may have found a bug in UEd3.

The problem is with Static Mesh Packages. I recently put some meshs I made into a level (no problem there). A week later I realized I had some incorrect collision settings on some models. I open the map up, then open the package, alter the collision settings, etc. SAVE THE PACKAGE. RE-BUILD (ALL). SAVE the map.

When I play the level however (with view collision), the meshs have magically returned to the old settings.

I go back into the ed open the level, and magically the old Static Package properties have returned again.

Even weirder, when i open the Static Package up, without opening a map first it does show the correct collision settings. So, somehow, the map itself is retaining the incorrect Static Package properties.

I'm really hoping that i made some obvious simple error, and someone can point it out Cause i'm baffled as hell .

P.S - Is there a memory cache somewhere in ued3 that can be emptied?

Redeemer

by chance, is the package your "saving" named "mylevel" ?

if so, and i think this is your problem, you dont save the mylevel package. its saved inside the .ut2 file, theres no need to save it. odds are you have one in the meshes folder, and the editor is getting confused. you need to remove the one in the meshes folder.

MSgt. Shooter Person

NO, its not in the mylevel package.

Iron Guard

Do you have more than one package with the same name (ie Newstuff.utx and Newstuff.usx)?

If so, the system gets very confused - some routines treat all package types the same, others treat them differently, and the editor puts all the stuff for what it sees as one package into a single temp file. So what you'll probably find is that both the usx and utx contain the same info, but saved at different times, and which set is used depends on how the packages are loaded.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by Doctor7
    Do you have more than one package with the same name (ie Newstuff.utx and Newstuff.usx)?

If so, the system gets very confused - some routines treat all package types the same, others treat them differently, and the editor puts all the stuff for what it sees as one package into a single temp file. So what you'll probably find is that both the usx and utx contain the same info, but saved at different times, and which set is used depends on how the packages are loaded.
    OK thanks, I did name my packages like that. My question now is, How do i correct this? ie. Change the order at which they are loaded. Is there a memory cache or something that can be flushed?

P.S - Seanboy, Red Orchestra looks so sweeeeeeeeeeet, Your maps are simply OMG.I cannot wait for that puppy to be released

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks sir