MSgt. Shooter Person

Default UT2003 Worked once...Not anymore!

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1329 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (4403)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your UT2003.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

Now the Demo doesnt Play anymore either and if I do delete the ini file in the UT2003 folder it just comes back...Any Ideas?I really need the editor not too worried about the Game but would be nice for my Kid...I have updated drivers and Patches including the newer one for Unreal....:bulb:

MSgt. Shooter Person

i have exactly the same hardwares as you except i only have 256 MB RAM. Hey, it works fine to me.......

Try disabling any background programs. It's usually the video card that f-ucks things up. I set all my video card settings to normal. What i mean by normal is, as long as it works decent. Graphics are fine too even on low settings.

MSgt. Shooter Person

does "it worked once" maybe mean "before you installed the 44.03 dets"? If this seems possible try downgrading... some people saythey make lots of problems (especially in Win98).. although they work perfectly for me...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

I will try downloading later version of drivers for the Video card,I also have DirectX9 installed too and I when installing Unreal T2003 it doesnt give you the option of installing the DirectX,So I dont know if it gets installed or not and on the third disk it takes about 2-3 minutes or less to install all of the info on the CD when the first two take several minutes more(Slow and old Burner 4x2x24)and then I install the bonus stuff then I install the Patch v2225?Now what if the Patch is what is screwing things up?Can I uninstall the Patch and UnrealT2003 then start fresh?And why does the Freakin Machine say it has detected a new Hardware everytime after I install UnrealT2003?My monitor is 2 years old and a Futura?Well I will try your suggestions and get back to this forum real soon...THANKS a bunch...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default It B fixed

Ok I went from the 4409 detonator drivers for my Video card to 4109 and everything is back to working again...Especially the Editor,But I do notice that everytime I leave the editor my monitor is Brighter for a few minutes...Have to figure that one out?