Sonic Island Beta v1.0 for UT2004 version
    =============================================

Sonic Island Beta v1.0 for UT2003 version

Need to fix skybox and somethings.

Search the chaos emerald in the map. Good luck! ^^'

CLICK ON THE FILE MAP FOR PLAY!
    Last edited by legacy-Dream80; 05-21-2004 at 10:50 AM.

legacy-[SEOD]--|Ripley

This map was such fun it UT, looking forward to playing it again in UT2003. keep it up m8.:up: :up:

legacy-Identitycrisis

What a waste of a totally good game engine & Uned 3.0.

MSgt. Shooter Person

CTF-GreenHillZone was the map for UT

I hope you'll remake it like it should be. Add some effects if you can to make it look good.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Retro Sega style! I like it!!

Keep up the good work!
    :up: :up:

You can sow the seeds of distrust and lose yourself in an overgrown field

legacy-archmage

Sonic anyone?

MSgt. Shooter Person

looks are awful, but if you could throw in some fun gimmicks itd be worth a try :up:

spring bouncepads anyone?

too bad you couldnt go upside down if you had a kciker thru the loop

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

The screens hurt my eyes, please take them away

Redeemer

You should turn up the texture detail before you take your next screenshots.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This was going to be the first map I wanted to make (for realease). YOU BETTER MAKE IT GOOD!!!!!!

I hope you've played the green hill zone lots!!!
    Some ideas I had for this sort of map:
    The rotating spike bridges, if that is somehow possible. The spikes kill you and you fall into water.
    The water surrounding the island will, if you fall in suck you down into it (like DM-Gallon).
    Springs.
    Spike traps, press a button (the gray ones) and spikes would pop up in front of you! Killing any people stuck on them! (speeding FC?'s )
    Those big rings... Special stages? Super weapons inside?
    Greenhill zone music.
    EDIT: make it CTF, BR, DDOM, DM it all works

And for all those people who think those screenies are bad....

My game looks like that for every level..

Hope this level goes well.
    Last edited by legacy-Kaadu; 01-21-2004 at 03:50 AM.

legacy-dumbass

Hmm... fix that skybox please... this isnt UT

Skaarj

sonic rules. and stop whining ppl.

Camp Kill Yourself
    I helped the community

Cool Map..

I loved Sonic!

Hop it is finished soon! :up:

legacy-Kirin RiotCrash

Lightbulb

Looks plain from the screenshots ... perhaps you can take advantage of the engine and make the hills more like hills and the bushes more like bushes in the background area using static meshes and foilage.

Iron Guard

Originally posted by KirinRiotCrash
    Looks plain from the screenshots ... perhaps you can take advantage of the engine and make the hills more like hills and the bushes more like bushes in the background area using static meshes and foilage.
    I dunno, I think using the actual Sonic graphics for the skybox is quite cool (although the skybox needs some work, it should look retro but still look smooth).

It's the in-game graphics that need the work, the main thing is going to be the lighting (which doesn't look as if it's been done at all yet). Sonic was using low-res bitmap graphics so the shadows were all drawn on heavily, that can be done on the ground with no problem but to get shadows on the meshes is going to require work on the skins. Each mesh is going to need its own skin (or at least its own lightmap) instead of just using the base textures on all of them. If that can be done then this will be a great-looking map.

legacy-Kirin RiotCrash

Well ... if he wants to keep the retro-feel, I think a Cell-shaded map could do justice.

Camp Kill Yourself
    I helped the community

Got more screens?

Local Bag of Fun

you are my savior! YES!!! I CANT WAIT FOR THIS ONE!

MSgt. Shooter Person

BUMP?!?!?!

where's the updates???

MSgt. Shooter Person

Has enyone even tried CTF-GreenHillZone for UT?...

Originally posted by Devastation 8
    Has enyone even tried CTF-GreenHillZone for UT?...
    Yeah, it was pretty good, but very low fps. The whole sonic feel was there however.

I think this one should be made to look as good as Sonic on the Dreamcast and GameCube. The engine is there, now take advantage of it. (Do what Sega would do, blow us away )

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by Identitycrisis
    What a waste of a totally good game engine & Uned 3.0.
    I agree

MSgt. Shooter Person

:x

Local Bag of Fun

w00tag3!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

HOLY S**T!!!!!!

I WANT TO PLAY AS SONIC!!!!!!!!!!
    Next do knux.:up:
    They need spinning animations though, for thier jumps.

I think thier needs to be some sort of water thing, so if you jump off the stage it's like falling off the bottom of the screen. Add sound? BA-DUM

You could do it the same way as it's done on BR-Skyscraper.

Love the sonic model!

MSgt. Shooter Person

will u get auto speed adrenaline combo in loop??

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by BaDAnKaN
    will u get auto speed adrenaline combo in loop??
    you could force the person around the loop when they enter one.

MSgt. Shooter Person

to make it a cooler map you could make a script to show it only side ways. that way you get the real sonic feel.

legacy-Beefypeanut

cool a sonic model :haha: you could make like a sonic mod so it would be kinda like sonic adventure, id play it and i dont care what anyone says sonic is way cool

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by Beefypeanut
    sonic is way cool
    Yes he is, but knuckles is cooler!

What voice is sonic going to use? Somehow you could rig together a voice of sonic sounds, like when he dies he could say the death sound out of sonic 1.

legacy-Beefypeanut

oh yeah, does sega know about this, if your going to release a sonic mod ask their legal department so you dont get sued. (who wants to be sued for making a mod, they'll do it too because they want more money)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default fas

WOOOO i hardly ever post but i gott post on this one, i actually requested BOTH a remake of ctf-greenhillzone and A sonic model a little while ago...and here they both are in one thread!!!!!!!!

Im a huge sonic fan

oh and they wont get sued you peckhead, first off there is a sonic model for Q3, hillzone level already released, and second sega isnt like that :P its nintendo who try to sue everyone

Default Re: fas

Originally posted by FizzyB
    WOOOO i hardly ever post but i gott post on this one, i actually requested BOTH a remake of ctf-greenhillzone and A sonic model a little while ago...and here they both are in one thread!!!!!!!!

Im a huge sonic fan

oh and they wont get sued you peckhead, first off there is a sonic model for Q3, hillzone level already released, and second sega isnt like that :P its nintendo who try to sue everyone
    LucasArts has been known to threaten peeps too. (BadKarma had a big problem with them bastages in the UT days, but obviously that has all been worked out, to our benefit )

legacy-jetaimaster

Default Re: Re: fas

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
    LucasArts has been known to threaten peeps too. (BadKarma had a big problem with them bastages in the UT days, but obviously that has all been worked out, to our benefit )
    yeah, good old folks at lucasarts
    they sued some orthodontist thing becuz they named their new invention the "light saber"
    heard they got millions

legacy-Beefypeanut

why wouldnt sega do that? all the companies are in it for money and they're all crooks too. Any chance they get to get more money they will, human natures like that (also before people say "well im not", you are everyone is)

Redeemer

erm. I'm not.

Originally posted by Beefypeanut
    why wouldnt sega do that? all the companies are in it for money and they're all crooks too. Any chance they get to get more money they will, human natures like that (also before people say "well im not", you are everyone is)
    Some companies are more intelligent than to try and sue a poor little community mapper, and dont see the damage done by the recreation.
    Sonic is worldwide, and everyone knows Sega created the character and the game, so its more of an homage rather than a threat to Sega's credit.

Not all companies and people think the same, or at least they have different thoughts and priorities at different times.

The cost of sueing someone who has no money is greater than the reward, and doesnt teach anyone a lesson except that you are a greedy monger of a company. This can cause a loss of respect for hte company. Your fans are your money, let them immerse themselves in the worlds you have created, and in time they might be a good asset the company.

btw, i have nothing against companies and artists protecting thier work, but this type of situation is not a threat. You put your priorities in the market, sue other companies that use your copyrighted material and try to make money off of it.

The little guy almost always has the upperhand in these situations anyway.

legacy-jetaimaster

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
    Some companies are more intelligent than to try and sue a poor little community mapper, and dont see the damage done by the recreation.
    Sonic is worldwide, and everyone knows Sega created the character and the game, so its more of an homage rather than a threat to Sega's credit.

Not all companies and people think the same, or at least they have different thoughts and priorities at different times.

The cost of sueing someone who has no money is greater than the reward, and doesnt teach anyone a lesson except that you are a greedy monger of a company. This can cause a loss of respect for hte company. Your fans are your money, let them immerse themselves in the worlds you have created, and in time they might be a good asset the company.

btw, i have nothing against companies and artists protecting thier work, but this type of situation is not a threat. You put your priorities in the market, sue other companies that use your copyrighted material and try to make money off of it.

The little guy almost always has the upperhand in these situations anyway.
    yes, very true
    i believe that sega would take this oppurtunity to allow its creations to be recreated so that it would serve as "advertisements" for their company
    also, it shows that ppl love Sonic!
    i love Sonic!
    ahh

MSgt. Shooter Person

any updates? Need my sonic fix

legacy-Beefypeanut

me too!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast