Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Stats server 23 days out and counting...

My stats seem to have stalled on 10/25. What's the status of the stats?

Skaarj

Would be nice if Christoph would update the news page for a change.

Skaarj

I'm up the 27th, but after the patch I gave a new username and pass. My *new* player hasn't turned up in the stat's system at all. Old news says 7 days behind, but newer news says the system is slowly catching up,. I don't know what to believe.

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

I have yet another ID # for my handle after the new patch. It's frustrating. I now have multiple ID numbers and I'd really prefer to have all my stats under one #.

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Curiously, my new ID# and the data from the 27th isn't displaying this morning - I'm back to the 25th again.

Iron Guard

I can't understand these stats anyway. Last week it showed stats up to the 26th and I was 493rd in the world for CTF, because I had 2 good matches. Then I had a run of 4 or 5 ok matches where I scored 50pts or more and now I'm at 6000'th in the world, with a run of -ve RG's. I don't get it at all. Meanwhile it's still at least a week behind.

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

My stats are now 9 full days behind. Can somebody at Epic acknowledge this post and give us an idea of what the plan is? If stats are always going to be 7 days or great behind, there is no point in having them. ngStats was effective to some degree when they kept up. Leaving us in the dark only leads to frustration.

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Bump

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Thursday, 11/7/02 - stats nine days behind.

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Friday, 11/8/02 - stats 10 days behind.

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Saturday, Nov. 9, 2002 - stats 11 days behind.

legacy-errol6429

Thumbs down

This is seriously poor. UT2003 must have sold loads of copies - If EPIC (or whoever is responsible) can't f'ing buy a new server or something to get the stats in REAL TIME.

Btw, REAL TIME, means REAL TIME (not 8 days afterwards !!)

I mean, did epic not anticipate this much demand for stats ? Surely they new that loads of people would be playing UT2003 ?

Its a complete shambles.:down:

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Originally posted by errol6429
    Btw, REAL TIME, means REAL TIME (not 8 days afterwards !!)
    Or, 11 days, as is my case.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I believe The stats for UT 99 managed to keep up better with more played games than UT 2003 is. Did the use a more powerful stats server when UT 99 came out? Don't think so. I upgraded my computer just to play this game for big bucks! I think Epic (or who ever runs it) should upgrade the stats server too, is it too much too ask for?

Please, give us some info on why it is about 10-11 days behind now and what is beeing done to fix it.

legacy-docendo

Default No Stats Yet?

I have been playing for about two weeks now, and have yet to bring up my stats. I assume you get your ID# from the stats board when they show up? I used UT original ststs and they were almost real time. What gives??

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Sunday, 11/10/02 - stats seem to be processing again and are holding at 11 days out at this time.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Can we please get some word on whether or not Epic is looking into solving this unacceptable situation?

Skaarj

There is a lot more data to process this time than the old UT. Converting the data that comes in from the game servers into a MYSQL database is a very intensive process expecially considering the amount of data its getting.

Give them a chance and it'll be done. Every system has bugs to start with

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hopefullly things will be fine but why can't they give us some feedback? Please Epic use the stats news page and give us some feedback.

Can't help complaining but I love UT 2003 and I would love to see the stats as near real time as possible.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Originally posted by Imaboyo
    There is a lot more data to process this time than the old UT. Converting the data that comes in from the game servers into a MYSQL database is a very intensive process expecially considering the amount of data its getting.

Give them a chance and it'll be done. Every system has bugs to start with
    Your argument about the increased amount of data etc is completely irrelevant. We were promised a "almost instant" stat system - it's their job to estimate the required computational power and bandwidth needed to keep the stat server up to speed with the game servers.

Having stats trail with more than a week for this long is pathetic. Even if it's just temporary until they get the code optimised they should plug in a more powerful machine and a fatter pipe.

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Monday, 11/11/02 - As of right now, my stats are 12 calendar days behind.

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's about 11 days for me now. The sad thing is that when a game shows up I don't rember it. With the stats for UT 99 I still remembered what game it was and how I played. Looking at the stats now is boring.

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Tuesday, 11/12/02 - My stats are now 13 calendar days behind.

legacy-kropotkin25

I don't usually post but I must on this issue.

Commence whinge ::

I'm exasperated at the length of time it is taking for Stats to update. My Profile hasn't been updated since the 19th of last month (albeit, I did go a week without playing).

Stats was one of the major features that drew me to the game in the first place.

I fear that when my stats are eventually shown I might not be able to remeber who I am, let alone what game it was.

Whinge mode off.

Iron Guard

(albeit, I did go a week without playing).
    How could you go a whole week without playing? Were you in a coma?:bulb:

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Wednesday, 11/13/02 - my stats are 11 days old (although my friends are still 13 and 14 days out).

legacy-Kokroach

Mine are 12 days behind now. I must have played an average of about 5 games a night for these 12 days, and thats just for me. It's gonna take a long time to do everybody that uses it.

I have a question I hope can be answered?

I play Instant Gib CTF, but I just can not find where I am in the rank for this game type. The maps I played say I go up or down in rank (RG), but I just can not find my rank anywhere. Where is it?

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

I play 100% Bombing Run Lowgrav Instagib. My stats are under BR Other. Yours may be under CTF Other. You can see your rank when you click the CTF Other link for the week.

legacy-Kokroach

I've sorted it out. Its MS IE going ape.
    Now using Opera web browser and I can now see my rank, which is 172.2 - 12 days ago:haha:

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Thursday, 11/14/02 - my stats are 12 days old

legacy-GiBsTeR

This is really poor.

I don't think I will be buying their next game

legacy-El_Bunyan

Your lucky, I can't even find my username anymore. It's completely gone! All the work I have put in whiped away. The last I saw I was ranked 30th in the alltime CTF Other rankings and now, nothing.

Please, someone, say I haven't lost that forever.

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

My stats are stuck at 12 days out.

Gibster, this is a fixable thing. The fact that the UT title *has* stats is too cool. We're just hoping and expecting that these bumps in the road will be ironed out. There is much to like about the stats methadology. It's still early in the game's lifecycle.

In the meantime, I will keep posting in this thread so that Epic will see and respond to these stats concerns with some kind of feedback on what's going on and when the stats might be brought up to date...

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

The stats page seems to be down. Maybe they're working on some speed infusion!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default dont fuss so much

as long as u keep yor stats name the same and password the same your id number for stats wont change even when u update. the reason the server is so far behind is because its being so much info it can only just keep up. as the majority of servers have stats enabled the amount of data is huge . give it afew months and it should be up to date but crying about it aint gonna help so stop winin

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

Default Re: dont fuss so much

Originally posted by psykotik
    the reason the server is so far behind is because its being so much info it can only just keep up. as the majority of servers have stats enabled the amount of data is huge . give it afew months and it should be up to date but crying about it aint gonna help so stop winin
    Is this your official opinion as a programmer for Epic or are you speculating just like everyone else? Personally, I don't mind waiting a number of weeks but "a few months"?! I'd expect Epic to rectify the stats situation by then.

btw, I started this thread to keep the desire for up-to-date stats in front of the developers as constructively as possible.

legacy-bobsky

Wink ENJOY A NEW GAME !!!!

So ... I found a new impressive Epic game : "look for your stats".

I've performed a search tomorow to find the match identified as "443591", and I found nothing. According to the fact that the stat server gives the matchId in a chronological order (I think it's aproximatively right), I've performed few search to find the last recorded game : it was the "332615", finished at "2002-11-02 12:39:03".
    Today I've tried again, and the last match recorded is :
    "338340", finished at "2002-11-02 23:41:08".

It seems that the actual stat server can not, durind a full day (24 hours), record the stats of an half day ...

Is it right ????

If it is, I'm going to create a web page, with a smart chart, where I'm going put the "match recorded per day" statistics of the stat server ...

I'm going to call it "ut2003statsstats" ....

Who want to play ?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default its happend before

the original UT stats had this same lateness. but less amount as original u could join a stat enabled server without having your stats enabled so a lot of ppl never botherd setting up their stats. but with ut2k3 u can only join a stat enabled server (mainly the official 1s ie jolt.co.uk) if u do have stats enabled so almost everyone has their stast enabled. take into account game servers where crashing because of ther sheer amount of players when the game was first released and u can see y the stats are a behind. i really dont se y everyone is so upset really anyway. becaus the higest fragger isnt nesesarily the best player in the world hes simply the 1 who plays the game the most. and the most skillfull capture the flag ppl usualy dont get many frags. so stats arnt really that important

legacy-Phydeaux{RoA}

1) ngStats (or ngWorldStats) had flaws but were at least somewhat responsive (when the server wasn't down, which felt like it was down far more than it really was). We'd frequently play a match or even a single game as part of a larger match and then look at the stats. We'd see if the opposing team was suiciding, what our efficiency was, all kinds of stuff. It was very instructive and very helpful.

We'd frequently change up our roster depending on what we saw in the stats and depending on the next map.

If stats aren't that important to you, it's no skin off my back, but stats are very handy to me.

MSgt. Shooter Person

No one force You to look at the stats. If You don't like the stats then why even bother to make posts to a thread about them.

I like the stats. It tells me what to improve in my playing style. The ranking is of course not important since it has it's limitations when the game is played over Internet with different connections and other hardware that affects the result. But it's still nice to the ranking.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast