Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    legacy-topcat989

Originally posted by UTomicPUNK
    When Joystick is "enabled" only the X-axis and Y-axis are recognized for movement by the game.

Can you get a standard XY joystick to work?

If you haven't tried that, it may be a good way of determining if your particular intallation of the game is corrupted or not.

The game should recognize any standard joystick with the patch, as long as Windows recognizes it in the "Gaming Options" setup window. If you can't get a standard JS to work then try re-installing the game.
    yes standard joystick works, but i'm i'm not using a standard joystick, i'm using a CH Pro Throttle, which does only one axis, where a regular joystick does 2 axis. the axis i have set for the throttle is "Z", and the throttle works great. the throttle is NOT the problem, it's that i can not move F/B AND strafe at the same time. each one works great by themselves, but not together. as said b4 , i'm using keyboard for strafing. any ideas as to make this work?

legacy-UTomicPUNK

I don't think you can "mix" movement controls between the arrow key-press "button on/off" interface, and the progressive linear X/Y-axis of a joystick.

I remember having that very same dilemma in a test configuration some time ago. From what I recall, you can assign F/B/R/L movement to the KB and/or JS, but you either have to use the arrow (or WSAD) keys together, or the X/Y-axis's of the joystick together. You cannot achieve synchronized X and Y movement simultaneously mixing a Front/Back joystick command with a Left/Right keyboard command because the XY of the JS, or the FRLR of the KB will work only as a set.

I'll give you a "TEST" to demonstrate how mixing the two separate types of interfaces won't work:
    Setup your joystick for XY/FRLR movement along with the mouse for looking. Setup two buttons on the joystick for jump and duck only (no multiple functions).

Now, start the game, select a map, click play and let the game load the map. When the map is loaded DO NOT HIT FIRE! You need to "fly" the map for this "test" to show you what I'm talking about. Fly around the map using the joystick and mouse combo to confirm your movement controls are in sync.

Now, you will discover that as you hit the jump, or duck buttons you will either move straight up or straight down. If you try rising with the jump button while moving forward, left, or right, you will find that you can either rise or move laterally at any given time, but you cannot do both simultaneously.

Only one or the other. That is not a flaw in the game, it is standard protocol, and has been that way. Mixing movement commands governed by two potentiometers, or four buttons will not work. From what I understand, that is due to DirectX requirements and parameters, not the game.

I could be wrong, but that "test" should give you a good demonstration of what you can and can't do with your controls.

You may need to look at another strategy for setting up your movement controls.

C-ya

legacy-topcat989

Originally posted by UTomicPUNK
    I don't think you can "mix" movement controls.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. ..................may need to look at another strategy for setting up your movement controls.

C-ya
    thx for you're help dude, i appreciate you taking the time with an obvious UT2003 newbie ......heh, i never played UT so i don't have that experiance to fall back on- what i will say is this: i think you're wrong on it being a parameter of directX, here's why: this control setup i'm attempting works perfectly in other games, namely : quake2, tribes 1 & 2, all the mechwarrior series, and both battlezone 1 & 2. from your last post i think i still haven't quite got the setup i'm trying to use clear to you. it's this:
    a throttle only (ch pro throttle) that ONLY moves along ONE axis, and that is forward and back, only. the standard axis for that movement is the "Z" axis, of which i have working with UT2003 perfectly. i DO NOT use either the X axis or the Y axis. they are disabled in my INI file as follows:

JoyZ=Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.45 Invert=-1
    ;JoyX=Axis aStrafe SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.4
    ;JoyY=
    ;JoyR=
    ;JoyU=
    ;JoyV=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4
    ;JoySlider1=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4
    ;JoySlider2

as you can see, all i have is foward and back motion, becuase the throttle, NOT being a joystick, has pysically only one axis of movement, only one potentiometer. as said b4, i have this working great. in other games i mentioned i have it set up just like this, often times going into the INI file of the game just like UT2003. in those games, however, when i move F/B with the throttle i CAN strafe at the same time, using the keyboard- in ALL the games i mentioned, so i believe it is specific to UT2003..........thx again for your help, and don't give up on me, there's bound to be an answer :bulb: - thx again, topcat989

PS: while i'm at it, how in the @#%$@ do you do the "flip" in midair?!??!

legacy-UTomicPUNK

I'm only guessing as far as the DirectX origin is concerned, and probably mistaken in that area.

I fully understand your situation, and I am quite aware of what a throttle controller is. I happen to be a private pilot of single engine aircraft, and have a number of flight Sims that I enjoy.

However, your movement problem is still a limitation in UT2003. It doesn't matter whether you use one, or all of the x-y-z linear axis commands because a potentiometer, not a button, controls the movement. They are linear progressive axis controls. Buttons & keys are ON, or OFF, and are completely different from a linear control.

The game limits interaction between linear, and button controls for movement. I don't know why, I just know that it does. If you try that "test" I posted prior, you will see exactly what I am talking about.

The game controls what you can, and cannot do. If you cannot do it via the game's interface, then my suggestion would be to use third-party software that maps commands to key, and axis controls separate from the game. There is a program called "Joy to Key" does exactly that, and your throttle manufacturer may have software to do that as well.

Gotta Go....

legacy-Phoeneix

Lightbulb How does the game choose if I have *2* joysticks????

I can get my joystick to work. I just can't get the *correct* joystick to work. I have both a Belkin n45 and a Belkin n50 installed. The n45 is for games that require a gamepad, and the n50 I use for shooters and strategy.

When I turn on joystick support in UT2003, it enables the n45, but *not* the n50.

I'm using Win XP, and I'm aware that in the Game Controllers section of the control panel there is an advanced option to choose which gamepad older "non-multiple gamepad aware" software looks at. I have this set to the n50. By doing that, Unreal Tournament and Quake 3, etc correctly use the n50.

But UT2003 ignores this and still uses the n45 - and I don't see any way to tell UT2003 which gamepad to use?

Could somebody at Epic please explain to me how to go about this or fix it in the next patch? Most other new games allow you to choose between multiple joysticks with ease (example: Tony Hawk 3, MotoGP, RalliSport Challenge, etc.)

legacy-Tonytec

Default Adjusting speeds of a Wingman gamepad

I have, with the help of a few previous posts, and a bit of testing to get my Wingman Cordless Rumblepad to work fairly effectively. I am comparing my performance to the XBox's Halo game. It is close, but still is lacking in aim performance (yes, I know this app is programmed for mouse/keyboard performance, which they need to get over already!!!

Here is what I currently have for the joystick in my user.ini

Joy1=PrevWeapon
    Joy2=NextWeapon
    Joy3=
    Joy4=
    Joy5=
    Joy6=
    Joy7=AltFire
    Joy8=Fire
    Joy9=Pause
    Joy10=Jump
    Joy11=Duck
    Joy12=
    Joy13=
    Joy14=
    Joy15=
    Joy16=
    JoyX=Axis aStrafe SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.4
    JoyY=Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.4 Invert=-1
    JoyZ=
    JoyR=
    JoyU=
    JoyV=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=5.0 DeadZone=0.4
    JoySlider1=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=5.0 DeadZone=0.4 Invert=-1
    JoySlider2=

My ultimate question is, can you adjust or set a button to allow slower aiming speeds but then accelerate when turning for movement???

A utopian request, but I gotta ask for those tweakers with larger brain housing units than I.

Thanks

legacy-Tonytec

Default Oh and what are Aliases's in the user.ini for?

Oh and what are Aliases's in the user.ini for?
    I think they may play a role in my previous post???

MSgt. Shooter Person

well yes that is possible.
    But not with just a setting though.

Example:
    Joy3=exec slowdown.txt
    Joy4=exec normalspeed.txt

in
    slowdown.txt:
    set input JoyV Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=1.0 DeadZone=0.4
    (or other speedbase, see what is slower )

normalspeed.txt:
    set input JoyV Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=5.0 DeadZone=0.4

untested but these commands all worked in UT and i dont see a reason why it should work on gamepad axis, and i assume Epic left it in.

Explanmation:
    Exec commands runs a text file with commands. These are the same commands like you would type in the console.

You can probable get it working with an toggle or keypress in combination with the aliases.

ALiases are for making commands that you then can use in a more simple form somewhere else.

Have fun experimenting.

legacy-MEet-CEes

in reply to Pheonix
    most games like Quake etc only accept the joystick/gamepad
    that is designated #1 in control panel , joysticks .

in winXP you cannot change joystick numbers around

i remember in 98/me you could change the "IDs"
    not in XP.

this sucks casue i have some gamepads that take up the #1 spot
    over another gamepad no matter how i plug them in.
    oh well.

but for youre problem make sure you gamepad is ID #1 in teh control panel for gamepads/joysticks.

hope this helps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ive been tweaking and tweaking forever

JoyX=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=30.0 deadzone=0.49
    JoyY=Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=10.0 Deadzone=0.05 Invert=-1

the turn settings axisX' is hard to make perfect.

AxisY is setup to allow fast strafing while walking foward and back. thanks for the troubleshooting from the peeps on this Gamepad post.

theres enough info here on setting youre joystick up right :-)
    you just have to tweak the turn settings 1,000 times before you like the results. hehe

MSgt. Shooter Person

but you can set the prefered device in the advanced settings of the gamecontrol propertie page.
    Does that work? (i dont have more installed so cant test it.

legacy-Chris999

in the standard user.ini, even after installing the new patch,

JoyV=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4
    JoySlider1=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4

are installed. I've experienced (with my Logitech Extreme Digital) that it has to be emptied! Otherwise the image is turning and turning.....

so change it to:
    JoyV=
    JoySlider1=

greetings Chris.

PS: it took me a few (....) hours to work around this problem. I'm a (little...) bit surprised that such a (small......) problem can occur in such a (expensive.....) game...!!

legacy-Phoeneix

Default More on UT2003 not choosing the correct gamepad/joystick

MEet-CEes,

Thanks for your suggestions. But, as Kaoh and I both pointed out, you can set which joystick works in Win98 Slot 1 compatibility mode under Windows XP by clicking the advanced options in the joystick control panel.

The good news is that if you do this it should solve the problem you're having with most of your games not recognizing the one you want.

The bad news is that UT2003 for some reason still won't see the joystick I want using this method. It appears that either UT2003 is doing something really wiggy and customized in it's joystick selection process, or there's a bug in its code.]

And to jump on my soapbox: There's really no reason anymore for games in 2002 and beyond to not allow the selection of whichever gamepad device you want to use that's plugged in. XP seems to finally handle the connection of multiple gamepads at the same time properly - it sure would be nice if *all* game developers would take advantage of this.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is something most games handle poor.
    Maybey its me (i still have onnly one gamepad) but i didnt see anyway too select the input device in Need For Speed Hot Persuit 2 also.

legacy-Phoeneix

Actually, if I recall correctly, the Hot Pursuit 2 demo does allow multiple gamepad selection (as do RalliSport Challenge and Tony Hawk 3 - not that that's a wide selection, but they're some I've seen). Though in the HP2 demo I did have to reconfigure the buttons every time I started the game for some reason.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The final has major setup saving issues also. I always have too turn my music out evey time i play.
    And on my second compu i need too reassign the buttons everytime i play.
    Not too mention stability issues there .

legacy-Selous_Scout
    "I started a quest to be self sufficient in PC related problems, and taught myself how to effectively troubleshoot very quickly."

Hey Atomic
    I'v been trying that for at least two months(nights)
    and all I do is blow blue smoke out my ears!
    Did you enrole in some course or read up on it?
    Where do I go to learn without getting realy usless online courses(like the one I paid $100 for when I bought my comp)
    ??

MSgt. Shooter Person

ROFL, I told you about stability issues here with NFS HP2.
    Weird thing is that i now pluged in my logitech wingman in my main computer, and now its rock solid :O.
    weird game, with myu thrustamster in it crashes regurly and with the logitech it doesnt.
    Same goes for my second computer, run it in XP user A and it crashes bug timeregurly. Run it in USER B while A is still loged in, and it is stable again.

Talking about screwing up there.

Leaves me with a feeling that Epic did a great job here.

legacy-Death2002

hi plz help me and my Dad havew spent hours trying to work out how to do the diangle movement(Zaxis)

can NE1 help?

legacy-dave9999

ok i got a dual analog controller but when i play the turning is so damn slow what do a change to speed it up

MSgt. Shooter Person

Change the speedbase parameter till it works for you, fine tuning your aim will be more difficult though.

legacy-jwilson56

Well Topcat your not alone. I also use a Pro Throttle to move forward and backward. I also use rudder pedals for strafing. I use the mouse to look up and down and turn left and right. Its a great combo actually that I have been using since Quake1 CTF days. This is the first FPS game I have yet to get to work with this setup. UT worked fine after playing with the advanced control setings. I have yet to get this to work even with the latest patch. I can't believe that after two patches they still don't have the joystick options working. Elite Force let me setup everything right from within the game. Maybe they should hire some better programmers to get this game right.

frustrated still,

John

legacy-Crowds

Im using a gravis eliminator game pad pro and at the moment i cant get a full range of movement. Just Fwd Bwd strafe left and right. Its allready been mention that game pads were meant to be used in conjunction with the mouse (which is what i do). Alas when doing this you can only get to about 3 buttons comfortably....oh well. What id really like to know is the command (in user.ini) i need, to trigger a vocal taunt. Ive tried this
    JOY9=speech 5 0 0 5
    and it doesnt seem to trigger the taunt im after.
    I figure the first 5 opens the verbal taunt options, so the next two 0's skip it on a page and the last 5 is the taunt i want. But it says "base undefended" instead of "eat this"
    Am i going about it the right way?
    Crowds

legacy-Death2002

i use a FireStorm dual analog 2 gamepad(thurstmaster)

scince i install patch 2166 i got the gamepad options working like Jump and i click joy5

but i couldent get the diangaleal working but, i changed
    JoyX=Axis aStrafe SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.1
    JoyY=Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.1 Invert=-1
    to
    JoyX=Axis aStrafe SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.1
    JoyY=Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.1 Invert=-1

and the dianagelal worked

legacy-jwilson56

Well after many hours of trials I finally gave up and went the joytokey route. It works fairly well other than not being able to adjust the dead zone.

John

legacy-rmoon

How's it going everyone. Like many of you, I am a diehard joystick user and have encountered problems. I am using a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme 3D. I use the Y-axis for Lookup and was having a couple issues. I don't use the JoySlider or the JoyV at all. Well, I fixed mine and thought I would share my User.ini

Joy1=Fire
    Joy2=Jump
    Joy3=AltFire
    Joy4=Jump
    Joy5=Duck
    Joy6=MoveForward
    Joy7=MoveBackward
    Joy8=SwitchWeapon 4
    Joy9=SwitchWeapon 9
    Joy10=SwitchWeapon 0
    Joy11=InventoryPrevious
    Joy12=InventoryActivate
    Joy13=NextWeapon
    Joy14=StrafeRight
    Joy15=PrevWeapon
    Joy16=StrafeLeft
    JoyX=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=4.0 DeadZone=0.3
    JoyY=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=4.0 DeadZone=0.2Axis aBaseX = SpeedBase=4.0
    JoyZ=
    JoyR=
    JoyU=
    ;JoyV=Axis aStrafe SpeedBase=10.0 DeadZone=0.3
    ;JoySlider1=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=3.0 Deadzone=0.02
    ;JoySlider2=

Hope this helps somebody.

legacy-UTomicPUNK

PC-Gaming Industry: WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE-CONSOLES!!!

In light of all the setup problems that I see here, this is an interesting bit of info for all of us. The unrecognized masses of serious FPS players that know the superiority of a JOYSTICK-MOUSE-KB combo, as opposed to the "old-school" KB-MOUSE combo, and all the "manly" KB die-hards as well!

There was an editorial in Maximum PC a few months ago about the "Future of PC-Gaming" in light of the new "Console-Gaming" boom, and this is the article in a nutshell:
    It basically forecasted a declining PC-Gaming market resulting from the growing market of the new "Super Consoles". Sales of the PS-][, X-Box, and similar "High-Rez" game-consoles are doing very well. The "bang for the buck" factor is a no-brainer for the Noob masses looking for a decent gaming system. High-end PC-Gaming rigs costing $1,000 to $2,000 can appear quite costly compared to a $200 to $300 console system to those who are new to the market.

:weird: Hardcore FPS players will always opt for the PC based Systems because they know that you get what you pay for. PC systems also offer much more than just "Gaming", however, the focus is primarily on the gaming aspects. At present, the consoles are no comparison to PCz running performance demanding FPS games. There are a number of factors in this. Consoles are joystick controlled only, have no provision for any mouse control, and they are lacking in the area of online game play access. Nowhere close to what PCz can do.

It is probably a matter of time until these issues are addressed by the console manufacturers, and then implemented into their products. Time will tell. To me this can be a double-edged sword for the PC-Gaming industries. They can either sit on their collective fat-asses, going with the status quo, or pioneer a new paradigm, a new era.

Listen to the millions of PC-gaming loyalists who want to see more time playing, and less time f***ing around with getting the damn game to work right! Produce products that are more "appliance-like" in the aspect of plugging that puppy in, and start fragging with a minimum of the f***ing with it BS! It can be done, and is being done. Develop industry standards that provide a stable platform that can benefit all of the players in this industry, and eliminate the BS.

Continuity that prevails amongst the game developers, the display card manufacturers, the game controller (and applicable software) manufacturers, and even the folks that develop and improve DirectX & OpenGL, can be a "WIN-WIN" situation for all.

I look at it this way:

:up: This boom in console sales is bringing multitudes into a market of "high-end" graphics gaming. For the PC-Gaming industry, it can mean a whole new market of console gamers who will want to make the next step up to the "PC-Level" of gaming as long as the investment of time & money is reduced significantly from the present level.

:down: On the other hand, what was forecast in the article may well be prophetic if this industry does not take control of it's own destiny.

Being an avid FPS competitor myself, I would much prefer to see this arena grow with an ever improving range of products that don't require the burden of taking on a "part time job" just to get them setup and working correctly.

legacy-FrostyDaSlaya

Default MS Sidewinder Gamepad

Hey guys Ive read alot here about editing the ini files to get your joystick to work, but to be honest I really don't know what i'm doing when it comes to that so Ice been afraid to try. Let me tell you how I use mine in UT and what it is and maybe one of you guys would be kind enough to write me a custom ini for me or post what I need to do here. I use the cheap 29$ Microsoft sidewinder gamepad it's the one with 6 buttons one pad and one button underneath each handle it's all black. Here is all I want it to do. I want to hold the gamepade in my left hand use the pad to move forward and back and strafe left and right. Thats pretty much it I use the mouse in my right hand to do all freelook and left kilick to fire right clik to jump. Oh yea I use a button underneath on the gamepad for alt fire. I know Im very weird fire from right hand alt fire from left hand but thats how Ive played UT for years and im very good at it that way. Can someone help me out right now when I turn on joystick and enter the game I automatically turn in circles to the left and cant stop i think once that is fixed Im good to go. Thanks in advanced

legacy-FrostyDaSlaya

Default HELP

I use the MS Sidewinder Gamepad. I did exactly as you posted and now everything works except it keeps trying to look down at the floor how do I stop it from looking at the floor? Thanks

legacy-On a Pale Horse

I have the Gravis Eliminator Aftershock and cannot get it to fully work. I am running on Windows XP with P4 2.0ghz and 512megs of RAM.

I downloaded the patch 2166 or whatever it was.

I can get my buttons to work in the game, but not the movement, neither with the analog sticks nor the control pad.

I can edit the buttons with no problem (in game editor) but when i try to designate things for UP and LEFT etc...it doesnt recgonize that I am inputing these commands.

What do I need to do?

legacy--=WhiteWulf=-

I have a rather unusual problem with my joystick. When i go to a multiplayer game in UT2k3, i head the "device disconnect" sound in windows and my joystick is no longer functional. Can anyone help me with this? :weird:

legacy-Aurora Project

Default I need help...

I just bought UT2003 and a MS Sidewinder USB plug and play pad. I have tried adding the lines to the user.ini file, and have the usejoystick set to true (twice). When I play using the sidewinder I get the spinning and looking down. Any fixes for this? Thanks

p.s. This game rocks!!!!

legacy-JRansak`

Lightbulb Joystick looking

Hey,

That helped out, but when i begin gaming, my character automatically looks up. I even set keyboard buttons to center the view, but they only do it temporarily. I followed your directions exactly, but this problem turns up. What should I do? I use the Wingman Strike Force 3D, if you need to know.

Thanks For Anybody's Help
    Last edited by legacy-JRansak`; 01-24-2003 at 08:33 PM.

legacy-lonewolf4002

Question looking up

when I start my game my character automatically looks up. I even set keyboard buttons to center the view, but they only do it temporarily. I followed your directions exactly, but this problem turns up. What should I do?
    thanks lonewolf4002

legacy-JRansak`

Post Problems fixed

I got it all to work!! My z-axis (or throttle) was controlling my lookup/down. I worked with my rudder (v-axis) control and got it to turn for me, and i also got some other custom fixes. Here's my settings:

Joy1=Fire
    Joy2=LookUp
    Joy3=LookDown
    Joy4=AltFire
    Joy5=Jump
    Joy6=Duck
    Joy7=SwitchWeapon 10
    Joy8=NextWeapon
    Joy9=PrevWeapon
    Joy10=
    Joy11=TurnRight
    Joy12=
    Joy13=TurnLeft
    Joy14=
    Joy15=
    Joy16=
    JoyX=Axis aStrafe SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.4
    JoyY=Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=32768.0 DeadZone=0.4 Invert=-1
    JoyZ=
    JoyR=
    JoyU=
    JoyV=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=15.0 DeadZone=0.4
    JoySlider1=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4
    JoySlider2=

I changed the POV settings ( Joy11 & Joy12) to fine tune my looking capabilites for aiming, though if i could get Autoslope to function i wouldn't have so much trouble.

Questions: (i have a Wingman Strike Force 3D)
    1) How do i get autoslope to work? (i have the option checked)
    2) how do i get force feedback on my weapons? (i have all force feedback options checked, but i only feel the difference between ducking and standing)

The force feedback stuff is in the user.ini under
    [Engine.PlayerController]
    bEnablePickupForceFeedback=True
    bEnableWeaponForceFeedback=True
    bEnableDamageForceFeedback=True
    bEnableGUIForceFeedback=True

This was set this way already, but my forcefeedback still works only for ducking.

Thanks
    Last edited by legacy-JRansak`; 02-14-2003 at 10:24 AM.

legacy-Marty2k3

Cool sidewinder plug n play

Ive gave up reading threads and posts i have been reading them from 1 oclock today and i havent gotten anywhere.

Problem is i can't assign directional movements in settings>controls if anyone has this gamepad (seethrough with 4buttons on the front and two at the back) could they contact me with their user.ini file or how they got theirs to work.

Thx in advance :up:

Marty

legacy-redline

Default M$ Sidewinder GamePad

I basically mapped the gamepad hatswitch to the mouse functions and the gamepad buttons to the keybord functions - i played with various combos and still the mouse/kb is best (for me, so far).

Here's a few of the config entries i tried:

;Button designations on the M$ sidewinder game pad
    Joy1=StrafeLeft
    ;Joy2=Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0;LookDown
    ;this was really freeky as the buttons would look around
    Joy2=MoveBackward
    Joy3=StrafeRight
    Joy4=Jump
    ;Joy5=Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0;LookUp
    ; NOTE the + and - designations in the commented out joy2
    ;and joy5 - if yer into using buttons to look around
    ; just uncomment
    Joy5=MoveForward
    Joy6=Jump
    Joy7=Fire
    Joy8=AltFire

;hatwsitch designations on the M$ sidewinder game pad
    JoyX= Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=20.0 DeadZone=0.4
    ;look Left/Right
    JoyY= Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=10.0 INVERT=-1
    ;Look Up/Down
    ;JoyX= Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=10.0 DeadZone=0.4
    ;Turn Left/Right
    ;JoyY= Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=100.0 DeadZone=0.4 INVERT=-1
    ;Move Forward/Backward

Now if i could only figure out how to do cartwheels and some of the other wierd moves that I've seen - any hints?

legacy-budest

Default BLAZE USB PALMPAD???

Hi all!

I come here in the need of assistance. I just purchased the above gamepad and I need help with what settings I should apply in user.ini to get it to work. I understand the weapons buttons it is the movement keys I am stuck on.

Apparently this gamepad has two axis which I know nothing about.

Can someone please post me a copy of their file edit for a similar pad??

It would be must appreciated.

Thanks

legacy-dvVIII

I'm using a Thrustmaster Dual Power gamepad and thanks to this thread, along with a little patience, finally got it working.

Anyone having trouble using a Thrustmaster Dual Power might wanna try leaving the speed setting alone and just changing the DeadZone to 0.3. Thanx all and happy gib'ing.

legacy-Tuxrox1

Ok guys I have the JS working but when i start a game it just looks down. I have to keep pushing the mouse up to see. It just keeps looking at the floor. What line is this problem please?

Theres so much info on this I cant seem to find a fix for the just looking down thing. any one know of this?

legacy-JRansak`

Default Look up/down control

Hey,

I had that same problem, but in my post 'Problems Fixed' I said, "My z-axis (or throttle) was controlling my lookup/down." So what i've done is just move the throttle to put my view in the center. If you don't want the z-axis controlling look up/down then either delete the following line from Joyslider1 or assign it to an axis control that your joystick doesn't have (in case you want to use this line for something else, you'll still have it):

Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4

This should fix your problem.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast