Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uday23

Default Special features in MP, like "overshield"

do you think GoW will and should have things like Active CAMO, or Overshield...???????????

btw post some other cool special items like the overshield, maybe x-ray goggles or night vision...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xDEAF

I don't really like X-RAY googles because it's like cheat. I like Night Vision better.
    xDEAF

it would be cool if there was night vision and it would make sense becuase the locust are used to the dark places but it may not fit in with certain maps though

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I don't really like X-RAY googles because it's like cheat. I like Night Vision better.
    well it would probably be a limited time thing, maybe like 1 minute of X-ray vision or something, o well i am just brain storming,

post ur ideas on special goodies in multiplayer!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FreeFocus

Nah, not a fan of powerups.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HydratedPinkus

Same as Hades, not a fan of powerups.

MSgt. Shooter Person

nah, giving certain people an advantage is kinda sucky, but doesnt the reload thing give you more damaging shots if you nail the reload meter thing?
    The Locust be comin'!

Time to get mah boomshtik!!!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zoso Fan

I think the only power up will be through the reloading thing.
    www.GEARHEADSOFWAR.com

The way GEARS was meant to be played... with gearheads.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sebaz747

yea. if they create a dark level for multiplayer or even single player then i guess night vision is needed.maybe a heat vision. i dont know it can be anything.
    Gamertag. Sebaz747.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HydratedPinkus

Dark level would be an advantage for Locust, they can see in the dark (obviously, since they are in the ground).

Light levels are good for Cogs, since they're in the light all the time (except blackouts like in NY)

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SkateXer99
    Dark level would be an advantage for Locust, they can see in the dark (obviously, since they are in the ground).

Light levels are good for Cogs, since they're in the light all the time (except blackouts like in NY)
    but it wouldnt matter in multiplayer b/c we all see through the same level of light, its not like if ur a locust u can see better in the dark, well atleast not in MP

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Prokos

Quote Originally Posted by locuststomper
    it would be cool if there was night vision and it would make sense becuase the locust are used to the dark places but it may not fit in with certain maps though
    Nah It wouldn't. Locust are used to dark places and therefore can see really good in the dark.
    I guess.

it would make sense.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by KoKoS
    Nah It wouldn't. Locust are used to dark places and therefore can see really good in the dark.
    I guess.

it would make sense.

Yes, the Locust inhabit the deep dark corners of the world. They live in places others would never dare travel, places others would consider black holes leading into the void. Indeed, the Locust hail from none other than Pittsburgh.
    "If you get lost in the woods, **** it, build a house! I used to be lost, but now I live here! I have severely improved my predicament!" -- Mitch Hedberg R.I.P.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Dude, people would continue to compare it to Brute Force even more (THOUGH THEY BARE VERY LITTLE RESEMBLENCE!) Gears has the same resemblence to Brute force as it does to mario (third person) thats about it...
    www.GEARHEADSOFWAR.com

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: chron1caust

The only powerup i want is the one with the reload
    Gears of War WILL RULE!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Koric101

Quote Originally Posted by chron1caust
    The only powerup i want is the one with the reload
    I agree, but there's always a chance they could make it cool.
    Gears of War + Xbox 360 + HD Monitor =
    One shot... One kill... Unless I have a chainsaw!
    GT: Koric101

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D3LTA 38

It shouldnt have power ups because they already have the reload thing.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Vehicular combat.such as battlefield (gears drive tanks,jeeps,etc.Locust would ride brumaks,berserkers,etc..

but this is not going to happen...(just fun to dream )

PS.OverSheilds are stupid and noobish
    I'LLSAVE....ME!~BENDER

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Would be intresting to vehicle combat but it would kind of defeat the purpose of the cover sytem I think.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Ya thats why when they talk about vehicles in the game it confuses me. I dont know how they could even incorperate it! This game is gonna be fun without it (maybe funner) so im not dissapointed if its not there.
    www.GEARHEADSOFWAR.com

Iron Guard
    Over the hills and far away. Also known as Norway.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Tyven x

The Locust are able to see better through dark by nature, so it would be nice if the gears could have night vision. I'm not saying people who play Locust in a multiplayer event will see better through dark, but it's how they are, story-wise.
    Last edited by seph; 05-25-2006 at 01:57 PM.
    From the underground comes
    The End

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by D3LTA 38
    Would be intresting to vehicle combat but it would kind of defeat the purpose of the cover sytem I think.

Not really.think about it..lets say your playing a locust grunt....some1 rolls toward you in a tank.your instinct would tell you to (drum roll please) Take Cover!take cover and flank the the tank where its most vulnerable (the back) sure cover my not last long but more or less would be a way to hide your self in relative safety until you can get in the proper position to flank the tank
    I'LLSAVE....ME!~BENDER

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Orca Orcinus

I agree with Brumak. Vehicles are cover. It makes perfect sense, although the availability will probably be fairly limited. They are mobile units providing cover to whoever's inside until destroyed. Defeating them requires the kind of tactics that Brumak was discussing. In co-op or standard multiplay, someone gets the vehicles attention and uses hardened cover to survive while the second player targets the weak points with the strongest weapon they have available.
    Wars, conflict, it's all business. One murder makes a villain. Millions a hero. Numbers sanctify.
    -Charlie Chaplin

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Zoso Fan
    Ya thats why when they talk about vehicles in the game it confuses me. I dont know how they could even incorperate it! This game is gonna be fun without it (maybe funner) so im not dissapointed if its not there.
    You really got a point there.

Skaarj

well powers...? how about if u get a certain amount of kills u get boosted so for X seconds u are superstrong or get a suped up weapon or something?
    that would work, but either way from what i understand its gonna be .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Whistlerman

I'm sure there will be

Skaarj

Remember that UT2004 (don't remember what others did) had abilities that you could trigger just by hitting a particular series of buttons, healing powers, running faster, etc.

The reload thing seems like another version of that. I agree that in light of abilities like that, powerups that the player can pick up would be redundant.

However, I don't see any reason why the abilities need to stop with reloading and adding damage. What if you revive your teammate and hit a button or buttons at the right time, could your teammmate be damage resistant, even if just for a short time? If you're going to have abilities like that, it seems silly to only have one.

On the other hand, I don't know that I like little minigame functions like that, personally. The stop-and-pop firefights were meant to add some realism, were they not? So why make it less realistic with little abilities like increased damage if you get the reload timed right?

To me, that's just adding realism in one place and taking away from it in another. You're turning a tactical shooter into an arcade game. With UT, it was understandable because you had big cartoony guns, an announcer, etc. It was supposed to be a little outlandish. The run-and-gun gameplay didn't suffer much for it. It was a very arcadey-feeling shooter. In the context of GoW, I just think it will take away from the atmosphere.

If I gain the upper hand in a firefight, better position, more ammo, better weapon, etc. but I can't get the reload timing right, how is that fair if the other player is trapped, pulls out his sidearm, gets the reload right, and kills me with his enhanced damage? All the work I did tactically to get the upper hand is just wiped away because suddenly the other guy whips out a dinky handgun and gets a couple button presses right.

That doesn't sound like much fun to me.

~Ma1

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I TUF I DJ LAGS

well theres none of this stuff on there so get over it.
    [YA DONE SON