Thread: BumpEvent and PlayerBumpEvent

saasfs

BumpEvent and PlayerBumpEvent

Hi. I got a door that i want to open by either pressing the use key if possible somewere in the mover settings or by just bumping it. I dont know what to rite in BumpEvent and PlayerBumpEvent, some help will be very useful. Edit: Also if theres a way to open the door for both sides depending on which way you bump it, that will be handy to

jefe
    Quote Originally Posted by saasfs View Post
    Hi. I got a door that i want to open by either pressing the use key if possible somewere in the mover settings or by just bumping it. I dont know what to rite in BumpEvent and PlayerBumpEvent, some help will be very useful. Edit: Also if theres a way to open the door for both sides depending on which way you bump it, that will be handy to

Set up a use trigger that calls an event, for example BlueDoor. Then also set up a trigger right next to the mover where you want it to bump to open. It needs to be set to TT_PlayerProximity under Trigger>TriggerType. You can adjust its collision radius so that it only triggers right when you are very close to the mover. This will also call the same event BlueDoor. On your mover, under object set the initial state to TriggerOpenedTimed. Set its tag under Events to BlueDoor. Whenever someone pushes "E" on your use trigger or gets close to the door, it will open, since both trigger the same event. You can adjust how long the door stays open on the mover's properties.

If you want the proximity triggers to work differently on each side, it will be a bit more complicated, but not overly so. Duplicate your proximity trigger and place them on opposite sides of the mover. Give new events to your proximity triggers on each side like BlueDoorLeftSide, BlueDoorRightSide. Then make a scripted trigger. Add a new action "Action_WAITFOREVENT." Add the event BlueDoorLeftSide. Then add another action, Action_TRIGGEREVENT. This will be BlueDoor. Lastly add one more action "GoToAction" and set it to 0 on ActionNumber. This lets it reset after being triggered. Duplicate the scripted trigger, and change the WAITFOREVENT to BlueDoorRightSide. You can add another action to this scripted trigger so that your proximity trigger makes something else happen, like another door opening at the same time.