Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unreal Engine 4 release date

Matyrix

Unreal Engine 4 release date

Hello,

I have got a really simple question, but i couldn't find any answer in other forums...
    When will release the Unreal Engine 4? ...any little conjecture?

I'm very interested in the real time indirect illumination for archviz.

Thanks answer in advance,

Regards,
    Mátyás Végh

dovonob
    No one knows I'm afraid bud, don't think Epic have given a release date yet.

Cryengine has real time lighting though although I'm probably not supposed to point that out on here

extrinsic_simian
    From what I've seen and read about the content developed with the UDK and Unreal 4 is the same. The Unreal 4 Engine is just a much better tool for programming changes and much better lighting and other rendering features. I don't think we'll be seeing a UDK style license of Unreal 4 for some time.

The Godfather
    I think in order for them to release a UDK version of UE4, they first need to make sure the engine is stable enough to do so. On a side note, the UDK in the Editor window simply means they are running UDKGame.

slowJusko
    Perhaps if we bug them enough, they will give us a release date? :P

skwisdemon666
    But if we bug them too much it will distract them from getting it ready :P.... I needs it so I can make an aircraft carrier as a drivable vehicle...

Chosker
    Quote Originally Posted by skwisdemon666 View Post
    I needs it so I can make an aircraft carrier as a drivable vehicle...
    yeah I need it because of reasons too.
    but really mainly I needed so that I don't stay obsolete with UE3 because my game is meant to work as a base for my next game, and the next and so on.

CloDel Studios
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosker View Post
    yeah I need it because of reasons too.
    but really mainly I needed so that I don't stay obsolete with UE3 because my game is meant to work as a base for my next game, and the next and so on.
    ^ what he said

daimaku
    don't know why the people keep asking when the unreal engine 3 will be available, anybody that has asked that on the forum has just looked at the new devil may cry game ? it is made witht he unreal engine 3, is just awesome, with the udk we can make everything that we wanted, i think that the administrators need to close all this kind of thread that keep asking for the new engine.

when the engine will be available you will find it in the download section and you can find any news in a lot of sites.

Chosker
    Quote Originally Posted by daimaku View Post
    don't know why the people keep asking when the unreal engine 4 will be available, anybody that has asked that on the forum has just looked at the new devil may cry game ? it is made witht he unreal engine 3, is just awesome, with the udk we can make everything that we wanted, i think that the administrators need to close all this kind of thread that keep asking for the new engine.
    I'm just trying to look forward in order to avoid obsolescence.
    but really it's a little bit like saying "why are you guys using unreal engine 3, when unreal engine 2 was an awesome and perfectly usable engine?"