Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't download from gamefront

Q.dot

Can't download from gamefront

First of all I'm not sure that this would be the right place so soz. I'll get right into it. I can't download anything from gamefront which really sucks because I just got back into ut2k4 and I want to get some maps, skins etc. Is it just me? I read that they banned half the world. I'm from new zealand. I wasn't on the ban list. Can you guys download?

unrealloco
    i can download fine from gamefront

Sgt.Muffin
    Try using a different browser. Also check to see if you have sort of plugins on your browser (sometimes if it's a family computer there may be someone who puts addons onto firefox or chrome), one that could stop you from downloading would be an aggressive ad blocker or 'noscript' which blocks scripts from running (for security purposes). I have experienced a download not starting with them, but that was back in the day when it was "filefront" and since then no problems here.

Q.dot
    Well I'm using chrome. When is the last time you guys downloaded something from gamefront. I tried internet explore which crashed although I haven't updated that web browser in ages. I tried Firefox, and that crashes. Do I need to update java?

Q.dot
    I got the latest firefox browser. I still can't download. it says file not found, I think they banned my country for some reason.

Sgt.Muffin
    That is strange. Sadly i am not sure what is going on. I just downloaded a test file and it worked. I am using firefox on windows 7.

unrealloco
    some downloads might say file not found probaly cause gamefront was filefront and the link to where it was stored was changed

Q.dot
    ok, so I figured out what was wrong. When they put in the blocks for certain countries they must of added new zealand by accident. I successfully downloaded a file through a proxy so that confirmed that they blocked my country even if it wasn't listed on their blocked list.

Wormbo
    You might want to contact them so they update either their ban list or their infos.

unrealloco
    qdot submit a ticket here under Game Front File Hosting FAQs
    http://www.gamefront.com/file-hosting-faq/