Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pawn hurt when touched

Chay Hawk

Pawn hurt when touched

How do i make a pawn hurt me when it touches me without using a dynamic trigger volume.

Animaleante
    Check this tutorial material: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Devel...tarterKit.html

In it, the EnemyPawn run towards you, and then explodes, hurting you.

Chay Hawk
    I just want to use Kismit, no code, also i want it to hurt me when it touches me because its a zombie.

JessieG
    Quote Originally Posted by Chay Hawk View Post
    I just want to use Kismit, no code, also i want it to hurt me when it touches me because its a zombie.
    You can't. Using a trigger volume to trigger the damage to the player is the only way to do it with Kismet, and you already said you don't want to do that. The only other possible way is to code this behavior yourself.

Animaleante
    I'm fairly new to this, but from what I researched about it, the best way to go, is to code a SequenceEvent Bump, and change your pawn code, or even the Actor code, to fire TriggerEventClass for this SeqEvent when Bump is called. Sorry for not being able to help you further.

eridan
    JessieG is right. You should attach a trigger volume or use any Actor attached to the pawn as the trigger. Any particular reason why you don't want to use a trigger volume?

Animaleante
    I've finished implementing it, with custom Kismet Events, do you want the files?

Chay Hawk
    Yes ill take the files thank you now I can do it with a dynamic trigger but the only problem with that is that the dynamic trigger will not attach itself to tbe pawn no matter what, I have used the attach to actor in conjunction with level loaded but it just wont move with the pawn. The pawn is being spawned via a path node, not sure if that affects anything. So if you can help me to get the trigger volume to move with the character then ill do that.

Chay Hawk
    Please help i need to finish this

Animaleante
    I've posted the link, but the forum said an administrator had to authorize the post.