Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a lightning gun fix around?

chrisl121212

Is there a lightning gun fix around?

I was wondering if there is any fix for the UT2004 lightning gun? I can't find anything anywhere.

Wail of Suicide
    Are you referring to the bug with the Lightning Gun that crashes servers? If so I'd be interested in that as well.

unrealloco
    i never seen any issues with the lightning

Sly.
    He probably refers to the Lightning Gun's one sided part/visual bug at its barrel. It is possible to fix it, Skred did it in the UCBP, it was one of the first things he did when he was improving the original skins (Translocator/Lightning Gun/Shield Gun). I'm not sure anymore how he did it (I think it was a combiner) and the thread is quite long, but he mentioned it there afaIk, sorry if I can't give you a clearer answer, maybe you would want to check it yourself and ask someone to code a mutator to replace the skin with the new one?

100GPing100
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    He probably refers to the Lightning Gun's one sided part/visual bug at its barrel. It is possible to fix it, Skred did it in the UCBP, it was one of the first things he did when he was improving the original skins (Translocator/Lightning Gun/Shield Gun). I'm not sure anymore how he did it (I think it was a combiner) and the thread is quite long, but he mentioned it there afaIk, sorry if I can't give you a clearer answer, maybe you would want to check it yourself and ask someone to code a mutator to replace the skin with the new one?
    bTwoSided = true;

Sly.
    Was it that? I thought that didn't work... *insert thoughtful emoticon here*

But now that you say it, I think you're right, I think he used in fact a shader with just bTwoSided = true...

chrisl121212
    What would I want to set bTwoSided to true? I want a fix so I don't have to use a mutator, for when playing the Single Player tournament or online.

unrealloco
    well it helps if you would of posted that on the first post
    we are not mind readers lol

Sly.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisl121212 View Post
    What would I want to set bTwoSided to true? I want a fix so I don't have to use a mutator, for when playing the Single Player tournament or online.
    Sorry, that is impossible. It would require editing of the original Lightning Gun code such as editing of an official package, that would break online compatibility.

chrisl121212
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    Sorry, that is impossible. It would require editing of the original Lightning Gun code such as editing of an official package, that would break online compatibility.
    I don't really play online anyways, ping is way too high. Is there a way to fix it and just play offline?