Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Business and Applicant Formatting

lorbid
    I agree with igi.

Public pricing (unless desperate) does no one any favors. Plus pricing doesn't take into account the project scope or expediency expected.

I may be able to create 100 original custom sound fx assets for $5 min each. But the project manager may want those in 4 days or less. That kind of requirement may negate the original price as that could be a considered a rush/expedited job. It doesn't help me or the project manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veshch
    Personal preference on whether or not pricing should be discussed in a thread is irrelevant. While I personally agree with Igi that it should be done in private, the fact of the matter is the rules say not to. By telling other people they need to have it in their post, you're technically telling them they need to break the rules.

On that same note, there are quite a few people that should give the recruiting forum guidelines a closer read.

Other than that, I do think your thread might help people that might not know what they're doing. So kudos for that.

vipar
    Fine. I removed the damn line, geez. Lets just move on from that? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Veshch View Post
    On that same note, there are quite a few people that should give the recruiting forum guidelines a closer read.
    I did, and the format it's written in, is not very easy to understand for people who don't have English as their first language (I don't have a problem, but a lot of people do). This is a lot more non-English friendly.

Veshch
    I wasn't trying to be hostile if that's how it came across, apologies.

And you weren't who I had in mind for that quoted bit, so no worries there on your part.

vipar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshch View Post
    I wasn't trying to be hostile if that's how it came across, apologies
    You are like the 2nd or 3rd person to mention it :P

vipar
    poking this thread up.