Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UT3's DM-Gateway for UT2004

Wail of Suicide
    Warpzones don't behave with Skyboxes, so that is probably not altogether the best option. No problems with regular teleporters though.

Sly.
    I'm curious whether they work with multiple skyboxes though. If it just shows the subtracted cube of the sublevel you enter through the warpzone, one could make an illusion of a sky by placing a screenshot texture of the skybox on the cube from the angle you see it when you enter it through the warpzone.

Skred
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    I'm curious whether they work with multiple skyboxes though. If it just shows the subtracted cube of the sublevel you enter through the warpzone, one could make an illusion of a sky by placing a screenshot texture of the skybox on the cube from the angle you see it when you enter it through the warpzone.
    Just use teleporters and this:

http://www.angelmapper.com/gamedev/t...tipleskies.htm

Sly.
    Yeah, I know multiple skies. But I'm curious whether they work with warpzones, if they do, that would push the visuals of the map.

Skred
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    Yeah, I know multiple skies. But I'm curious whether they work with warpzones, if they do, that would push the visuals of the map.
    I've never been clear on why warpzones are really for and why you'd use one over a teleporter. What's the deal on the Warpzones? I'm about to PM you on something as well.

EDIT: Did some reading on them and I get it now. I did find this quote from Steve Polge on warpzones.

I'd recommend confining your warpzones to zones with no skybox.

-
    Steve

maxdamage
    Just a curious question.How do you get access to the height maps that are made for the default UT3 maps and how do you get convert them into a format that is usable in ut2k4?

Dy1ngs0ul
    Just a little note saying that I am currently working on making a gateway map for UT2004, using warpzones to different environments, I got a jungle, Urban, Arctic and even japanese themed environments made, just got to add in the warpzones and skyboxes, I have to thank the person who started this post for giving an idea to work on, also thank 5amura1 on Mod DB for giving me tips on map development.

Skred
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdamage View Post
    Just a curious question.How do you get access to the height maps that are made for the default UT3 maps and how do you get convert them into a format that is usable in ut2k4?
    I'm not entirely sure, but I know that Umodel is the tool that you use. Google UModel and you can find a tutorial on how to use it and should be able to figure that stuff out.

100GPing100
    Quote Originally Posted by Skred View Post
    I'm not entirely sure, but I know that Umodel is the tool that you use. Google UModel and you can find a tutorial on how to use it and should be able to figure that stuff out.
    It's better to google Unreal Model Viewer, UE Viewer or Umodel by Gildor, because there is an application called UModel that has nothing to do with this.

Skred
    Isn't there some tool that can be used to import maps from one Unreal engine game to anthoer? (but still requires significant work to port the level)