Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DM-Mégane

Lord_PorkSword
    As I commented in the UOF thread, excellent job with this one M8!
    Layout, visuals and especially the lighting is very nicely done!

stevelois
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    Some kind of inferno-turkish mixture map for a necris map? Sounds good!
    Yeah

Quite a mix I have in mind...

- I'll use simple meshing for the deco. I mean nice to look at but not to much meshes witch result in heavy polycount (not like Nano for example). Few houses, towers and simple architectures with arches here & there.
    - I'll use some of the Necris assets only. The one I found to be the nicer for my taste (I don't like much of them but I found some to look awesome lol).
    - I'll use meshes that have the Turkish look & will apply a clean material so it contrast more with the dark rock material. Only the Belt area will use some damaged / burned material. I'll use clean BSP floor too.
    - I'll use many blue trims, floor tiles to add more contrast to the scene which I really love
    - No saturation & a nice color mix of yellow to red for the surrounding with a blue tint for the shadows.
    - No ugly tentacles nor green stuff nor green fog. Classic look all the way instead (orange - blue). The lower part of the fog is orange while the higher part is blue.

So this is the result so far

[screenshot]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3953/mariaalpha.jpg[/screenshot]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    As I commented in the UOF thread, excellent job with this one M8!
    Layout, visuals and especially the lighting is very nicely done!
    THX bro for posting in both forums, I appreciate very much

Have fun bro !

DarkSonny07
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Yeah

Quite a mix I have in mind...

- I'll use simple meshing for the deco. I mean nice to look at but not to much meshes witch result in heavy polycount (not like Nano for example). Few houses, towers and simple architectures with arches here & there.
    - I'll use some of the Necris assets only. The one I found to be the nicer for my taste (I don't like much of them but I found some to look awesome lol).
    - I'll use meshes that have the Turkish look & will apply a clean material so it contrast more with the dark rock material. Only the Belt area will use some damaged / burned material. I'll use clean BSP floor too.
    - I'll use many blue trims, floor tiles to add more contrast to the scene which I really love
    - No saturation & a nice color mix of yellow to red for the surrounding with a blue tint for the shadows.
    - No ugly tentacles nor green stuff nor green fog. Classic look all the way instead (orange - blue). The lower part of the fog is orange while the higher part is blue.

So this is the result so far

[screenshot]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3953/mariaalpha.jpg[/screenshot]

THX bro for posting in both forums, I appreciate very much

Have fun bro !
    Thats an unussual style mapping in ut3, is something fresh that style you explained, I preview a sexy and another interensting map. I think those blue tint could be between turquoise blue and something but weak green tints over it ...mm sound very promising. The inferno style I would like to see that style in map like this

stevelois
    Mapraider download link added

Achernar
    Wow, you have been busy! That Turkish map does look very cool. I'm wondering, what do reckon of including some lava bubble emitters in the surround area. I'v seen it some other maps and thought it would fit, just an idea.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to some more screenshots.

stevelois
    Quote Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
    Wow, you have been busy! That Turkish map does look very cool. I'm wondering, what do reckon of including some lava bubble emitters in the surround area. I'v seen it some other maps and thought it would fit, just an idea.

Ha ha that pic represent only 1 week of work, much more need to be done but THX bro

The bubble emitters is a good idea, I've beta test that map at the time but didn't remembered he added bubble for the final so it's something I'll keep in mind.

The UOF team will be the first & surely the only bros to play that map before the final. I do not intent to put to much efforts on this level cauze it's a quick & fun map like Itarion. So playing will be better tan looking at pics

Bl!tz~
    Quote Originally Posted by Achernar View Post

...+1 one to that, nice idea for the lava bubble thing
    ...+ i really like the "darkness" on this one too (from what we can imagine by watching the picture haha)

and congratz for megane ....nice map.....lol....but i also told ya on UOF

SkaarjMaster

Lightbulb um...

...didn't you learn anything from the beta thread? You need to take the acute accent off the 'e' for the forum link to work.

EDIT: also the forum is messing up again lately. Any idea why it takes an eternity for the threads to post sometimes?

SkaarjMaster

another good one!

woohoo, tight factory fragging, watch out for those bumper posts, nice textures/meshes and music choice, good bots and great flow; lots of places to run, hide, come back, turn around, etc.; not a big fan of that one slow lift though. Good lighting and also liked the fans, steam, garage, wild central floor, and surrounding cityscape with black smoke.

zunnie
    http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1686

Added to the database now
    Will update our server in a half hour/hour or so with a few new maps that were recently released, including this one.
    IP = 188.138.84.233:8888