Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk FPSRTS Looking for Artists/Modelers/Mappers!

Arrow Cyberpunk FPSRTS Looking for Artists/Modelers/Mappers!

To clarify: This is technically a royalty job, upon launch and sale of Kousei all team members will receive royalties on each purchase.

To keep anyone from wasting their time: We're looking for free help, people that are wanting to help out of interest and entertainment. I can sporadically pay team members for their work when I have cash, but there are no promises and you should regard this as non-paid work if you don't want to end up disappointed/upset.

For the past 6~ months a friend and I have been working on a game called Kousei. Inspired by the Neotokyo source mod, we decided to try our hand at creating a game, set in a futuristic neotokyo. We plan a full singleplayer campaign as well as multiplayer. Singleplayer will be a fairly straightforward first person shooter whose entertainment value is derived through passive RPG elements (Sort of like a non-RPG, you don't have stats but you can mold your character by purchasing items and through interaction with the environment and its characters), and the storyline. Multiplayer will consist of a round-based FPS/RTS. Two teams have an objective (Capture an item, Capture points, Eliminate enemy team), and consist of 1 Commander per team, with the rest of the players taking the role of a footsoldier with unique abilities and traits. The Commander views the battlefield in a top-down, RTS view, giving him the ability to oversee and direct his troops via Waypoints with different objectives/labels. Players choose a class and purchase weapons at the beginning of each round. Classes are defined by abilities and traits rather than weapon loadout. The Commander will direct troops with waypoints and communicating important information to his team. Meanwhile, equipped with a multitude of traditional freerunning/parkour maneuvers to help make movement fast, fluid, and enjoyable, players make their way throughout the map to complete their Commander assigned objectives for cash bonuses.

We desperately need artists (For concept art and texturing) and animators/modelers. We have no assets, and as much as I hate to come in and bug you guys with another "please help make game :)" thread, we'd really appreciate any help we can get. We've tried to recruit in the past but in the end our artists never delivered on anything, so we're still going solo with the project.

To show that we're serious and if nothing else, dedicated, I put together a video showing off some of the freerunning features that are implemented. One thing that should be noted is that this is all WIP, subject to change, and the map is not representative of our target art style at all. I just threw together a clean looking map for the sake of this video because default textures just feel cheesy.

A quick summary of the story:

Set in a dystopian neo-tokyo in 2042, the story follows Yusei Kirihara, a detective for the Tokyo Police Department anti-terrorism unit who is thrown into the turmotulous world of backdoor politics and internal conflict. After a desperate ceasefire ended the long and bloody civil war with the Hinomaru Nationalist Party, a militant group leading an army of former terrorist cells, the Japanese anxiously wait for the HNP to make a move. With nothing but a UN peacekeeping force in the DMZ, the Japanese government watches as an impending war looms in the distance. Working alongside foreign intelligence agencies, Detective Kirihara is tasked against a wave of terrorist activity from both the nationalists and the WPA, a radical left-wing insurgent group, but soon discovers the Nationalist Party's rise to power is more complicated than anyone could ever know.
    In a nutshell we're working on a game and we need artists both 3D and 2D. If anyone is interested or has questions, please PM me/post.

Wow, you guys made that free-running system with Uscript?! NICE, wish I had it too...

That looks really nice, It somewhat reminds me of Qube gone parkour, Keep up the good work...

Obviously you'll get some people drawing the comparison between Mirrors Edge and Brink, but I like the intuitive motion you have there. No doubt you guys will get lots of applications from very talented people with a promising project like that.

I'm always interested in creating some more sci-fi next-gen art assets. Give me a message or an email if you still need art. I can do complex UDK shaders and Environment Art. I can also do FX, minor kismet, and rigging/animating - but those are more just side skills that might come in handy. I'm sitting around creating a lot of this crap in my spare time anyway to further round out my portfolio - So if you want some help and you don't mind me using everything in my portfolio as payment, then I'm down. Unless you got a publisher backing you, don't bother with pay, it's not cool to squeeze unfunded devs imo.

Thanks to everyone that has offered to help out so far! We've received numerous offers and we're proud to have added a handful or so new members to the team! If anyone else is interested, we're still looking for all the help we can get!

Are you in need for a composer for the soundtrack?

Quote Originally Posted by nascent View Post
    Are you in need for a composer for the soundtrack?
    Definitely! Send me a PM if you'd like to help out.

Hey man, I sent you a pm about some coop stuff, please tell me when you get it and I would love to talk over email.

The game seems like it has potential though I couldn't get much from such a brief description. I gave you an email about volunteering some work for level building, get back to me if your interested. cyaz