Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPG, First Person or Third Person?

sziada
    why don't you be adaptive and do both. I normally like to switch

Derp
    I may have forgetten to mention, but I CAN'T implement both ways. I've planned out that if I were to go out with a first person perspective, it'd be a true first person perspective, where there would be no head mesh and the character would be a little more detailed and the level textures would be better. Now, if I were to go with a third person perspective, I would obviously have a head mesh, but as well, I've noticed the texture maps won't have to be also big..

I'm kinda leaning towards a first person camera, I don't think I've seenany games at all use it for an rpg

Saishy
    Quote Originally Posted by Derp View Post
    I'm kinda leaning towards a first person camera, I don't think I've seenany games at all use it for an rpg
    You mean like the whole The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games?
    Which are like, the best rpgs on the market?

MonsOlympus
    Hey you forgot to mention deus ex, how could you lol

Derp
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
    The first person camera I was implying would be the one seen in games like Mirror's Edge. I am fully aware of other RPGs using first person camera as Fallout, Skyrim, Oblivon, Morrowind etc.

MonsOlympus
    There is actually little difference in the camera perspective, its to do with the fact you can see yourself which isnt required for first person. Infact alot of games negate the fact in first person one can narrate to oneself.

Derp
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    There is actually little difference in the camera perspective, its to do with the fact you can see yourself which isnt required for first person. Infact alot of games negate the fact in first person one can narrate to oneself.
    I have really noticed that, I was playing Skyrim for awhile and I noticed I had no feet, just floating arms. I wonder...
    But a TFP camera seems to be the best anyway!

ikifenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
    The best RPG on the market is Baldur's Gate!!!