I like this map; the only reservations i have are the following;
1. i wanted to go in so many nice looking areas - but they are "blocked off"
- by the water.
- by the bollards
** it looks like i can get into the Bollard area on the Right.
- you could open the area to gameplay- or stand the bollard upright/ use better visual blocking indications.
- by the steel fences/ grates
2.from a gameplay perspective[rather than visual approach]
- the hole in the floor - that has a steel bar across it;
- i want to be able to drop down here.
- The port holes;
*would be great if i could jump through the port hole- either from level ground or using the lift/ jump pad.
3. additional thoughts
the jump pad that leads to a health pick up= this pickup is just not supposed to be there- it feels wrongly placed; then i try to jump the entire arena using wall dodge - and cannot quite make the edge
** i also feel/ found that you overused the "lift decal" - and as a result i was reading the sign for lift - like 3 times before i found the lift entrance.
as an example
- no decal/ without decals on
- 3 = too many decals/ some not needed/ confusing
- and without so many decals i think it still looks great- maybe just use 1 in a sensible position
- it stands out that this area has 3 decals; when numerous other lifts do not
- Other than that; this one of the only truly "Unreal" looking maps i have seen in a while; which is very nice.
- you got the use of mesh, bsp and terrain just right
[although relaxing the gradient on the terrain would be beneficial]// use average//
- Stinger + Stinger ammo + UDamage = ?
* no need for the ammo i think.
* Blocking issues
- a separate location for 2 heal vials - which is a dead end; this really disrupts the otherwise great gameplay.
** & If you try to turn around and escape- the hole is almost too small - so sometimes u get stuck!!
- Really Great stuff [later i will add images to help highlight my points ]