Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here recommend Tribes Ascend?

Wunderbar_007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    Yes I like that too!! Did you play "Walled in" yet? That totally gives me a Quake/UT vibe.
    Sure did! Yea it does have the familiar look. It's probably my favorite arena map of the three.

ummie4
    Had some ggs with flak the other day. Not a ut3 tdm guy but I like it in tribes. Got a fellow GOW member to try it out.

snake12
    i try it a few times but my pc having some problems with the game

Unreal Gladiator
    How is the instal process? Can I pause downloading and resume later or do I need to plan a time to download it in one go?

enoch84
    Apparently Tribes Ascend is equipped with a pretty potent anti cheat. I was reading the forum to the Artificial Aiming site and noticed the members talking about it. One guy said this:

"It is my understanding that Hi-Rez has some form of anti-cheat programming written into the game. Thus far, and to my knowledge, no hacks have been able to bypass their cheat detection. What bothers me the most about this is the fact that, sooner or later (if not already), Hi-Rez will realize what they have accomplished. In an effort to make money as always; they will copyright, package, and distribute this anti-cheat software. If this happens, hacking seems as if it will become more difficult and, unfortunately for the consumer, more expensive."

Good.

Unreal Gladiator
    Are the cheaters really complaining the can't get away with it?

"If this happens, hacking seems as if it will become more difficult and, unfortunately for the consumer, more expensive." lol

enoch84
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreal Gladiator View Post
    Are the cheaters really complaining the can't get away with it?

"If this happens, hacking seems as if it will become more difficult and, unfortunately for the consumer, more expensive." lol
    Lol, you should read the rest of what's on that forum. They're all in complete denial that they suck :/ and need an aimbot. I kind of feel bad for handicap people that use aimbots, but the rest of them...come on.

Anyway, I tried the game out tonight. Pretty cool stuff. I only played with 2 weapons the whole time, but pretty cool. It takes some getting use to as far as the "surfing."

Skippy_Doe
    This game is fantastic, Firstly I can't believe UE 3.5 runs on my laptop decently, secondly CTF reminds me of the UT days when it was first released many moons ago, the noobness of it all.
    And thirdly,
    SkippyDoe
    Is my ingame name, feel free to add me and join in on some hot CTF action!
    (I'm adding you Flak)

Taffy
    Hate this game. Just stupid. No wonder it's free.

Aldaron07
    It was better during beta testing when missing or broken features or gameplay mechanics were expected. Now it's just annoying.

Some friends and I paid to rent a server. A lot of the server settings don't work and half the time the server is not up and there is nothing we can do about it.