[Royalty] JackBoot Games Recruiting. WW2 Tactical FPS.
Who are We
Formed in 2011 by the core members of the Darkest Hour: Europe '44-'45 development team, Jackboot Games is an internationally based indie video games studio. Following up on their acclaimed success with Darkest Hour, the Jackboot Games team are currently developing its spiritual successor, a standalone tactical first person shooter on the UDK platform set in the British/Commonwealth Sector of Normandy.
Jackboot Games strives to design computer games which appeal to a discriminating and mature gaming audience - those who expect a "no compromises" standard of realism and game play experience. Our goal is to produce titles that not only entertain and educate our players, but also push their skills to the limit, while illustrating past human conflicts that should never be forgotten.
We are made up of talented, experienced individuals who share an avid interest in military history, as well as a common work ethic that states, "we don't rest until the job is done right". Our continued commitment to our community is to stay engaged, and provide an open forum for the exchange of ideas and concepts.
Compensation for work on Jackboot Games projects will be made on a revenue sharing basis only. We are not currently hiring for full time salaried positions, nor do we pay on a contract basis."
• Working hand-in-hand with the design team, break down the emerging game design in its constituent parts for implementation in the game engine.
• Deliver constant iterations of game design concepts via rapid prototyping
• Make strong architectural decisions to ensure future success of the project.
• Strong C++ knowledge
• Strong math/physics skills
• Well experienced developing games on the Unreal Engine (programming and using the toolset)
• Ability to take and apply direction and work well in a team environment
• Good communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
• Passionate about historically accurate videogames and history in general.
• Ability to bind .dll's.
• Ideally the candidate would be a well-rounded Gameplay programmer with enough experience in other areas (e.g. AI, Animation) to support the pre-production team in delivering working prototypes.
Successful candidates will possess a passion for animation and a strong interest in gaming, as well as the ability to portray convincing motion of a wide variety of subjects. Animations are generated in 3D Studio Max and MotionBuilder.
• Experience of Animation in 3DS Max And/Or MotionBuilder essential.
• Character Animation.
• Weapon Animation.
• Vehicle Animation
• Games Industry experience is Prefered.
We are currently seeking a talented 2D Artist to join the team for development of our next Project.The 2D artists as a group are responsible for creation of concept art, character and environment designs, storyboards, illustrations of game mechanics for game designers and game assets, such as backdrops and icons for the game interfaces. Each member of the team will work on whichever of these areas best fits with their own skill set and the needs of the project at any given time.
• Advanced drawing and illustration skills (relief, lighting, materials, perspective, colours...).• Proficient in Photoshop.
• Passion with an eye for detail driving an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality games to the players.
• An active interest in the latest developments, future trends, competitive landscape and state of the art within games and related industries.
• A passion for playing games.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
• Openness to direction and ability to embrace change.
• Working knowledge of English language.
• Previous professional experience is of advantage.
All 3D Artists must demonstrate in their portfolio:
• Keen eye on detail and realism.
• Creation of highpoly assets and then their conversion to an in game resolution.
• A clear understanding of the normal mapping process.
• A strong understanding UV layout and how to get the best of your textures.
• Perspective for the overall scene and the bigger picture for the current task.
• Well structured composition within work shown.
• Basic examples of lighting and how to make the most of the assets you create.
• Takes initiative and is willing to expand own horizon.
• Passion for making games.
• Works together with the Level Design team on defining and creating environments and assets for the game.
• Self motivated and can hit agreed upon deadlines.
Knowledge and skills:
• Experience with the Unreal Development Kit
• Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• Expertise with 3D software, Autodesk Max.
• Expertise with Photoshop.
Audio Lead with both the experience and talent required to take the reins on our exciting new project.
• Experience in interactive game audio design
• Skilled at scoring animations and cut-scenes
• Experience in recording, sourcing, and editing audio special effects
• Experience in dialogue editing and processing
• Experience on at least one published title or released mod
• Experience in promotional material (trailer) scoring is a plus
• Working knowledge of issues related to the gaming industry
• The ability to work well as part of a team, and to provide and receive constructive criticism