Thread: Epic Games Working on PC-Exclusive Title

Bl!tz~
    haha...agree bro, and dreams help to make RL a bit more....hm....sweet

Proexxkill

Hyzoran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    haha...agree bro, and dreams help to make RL a bit more....hm....sweet
    Maybe you guys should get into lucid dreaming

I had a semi-lucid dream once.....it was amazing.

Sly.
    Lucid dreamers seem to be everywhere, eh?
    (tbh, I do that too, if you have to sleep, why not actively influence your dreams and control then? )

But now back to topic.

What makes me worry is that they wanted to present UE4 this year or at least show some showcase material, even if it's still in development. They said consoles will not handle UE4. Suddenly they confirmed the works on a PC exclusive - I fear a showcase game.
    Doesn't mean it has to be bad, but it can be risky. I hope they won't focus too much on the visuals if it's a Unreal (Tournament) game.

Hyzoran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    Lucid dreamers seem to be everywhere, eh?
    (tbh, I do that too, if you have to sleep, why not actively influence your dreams and control then? )

But now back to topic.

What makes me worry is that they wanted to present UE4 this year or at least show some showcase material, even if it's still in development. They said consoles will not handle UE4. Suddenly they confirmed the works on a PC exclusive - I fear a showcase game.
    Doesn't mean it has to be bad, but it can be risky. I hope they won't focus too much on the visuals if it's a Unreal (Tournament) game.
    Yea, I can't manage to get more than the occasional semi-lucid dream, I want one of those full ones where I am completely 'awake' within the dream, maybe I do its just I dont remember the ones that I do become fully lucid. maybe I am just not trying hard enough 0.o.

Anyway, I dont care how well they do the Visuals, as long as they have the atmosphere and good, detailed, intense gameplay.
    and good mod support, of course.

Seraphic
    Quote Originally Posted by LLonewolf View Post
    Tbh if it's a singleplayer game i.e "unreal", they can, and pardon me for that, gtFo with a big F. A multiplayer game or nothing, that's clearly what we need =) .
    Wolf rest assure, if it's Unreal, it's gonna have multiplayer period Deck is as old as the first Unreal beta.
    Seems unlikely though that a new Unreal would be PC-only.. Maybe it'll be developed side-by-side for the consoles with third person melee in mind like Unreal Championship 2 or something..

Anyways strange move by Epic since consoles have been the big money cow for years now. Maybe it's a MMOFPS or a new Painkiller? Don't they own the rights now for this franchise?

Sly.
    Don't forget: Consoles can't handle UE4.

Farva
    HA! You guys are dreaming for sure!! I guess I'll allow myself to do the same...

I'm hoping it's an Unreal Tournament title myself. UT2003/4 was essentially a UE2.0 tech demo so I could definitely see them creating a UT4/2013 and using it as a tech demo for UE4. I would also be very happy with that!

It makes the most sense to use UT for a tech demo - you really don't need to worry about a single-player campaign (sorry, but you just don't need 'real' SP in a UT game, imo) also the game modes are already hashed out. Sure, to keep it fresh they would need to change a few things (imo, bring Assault back, keep Greed along with the basic MP game modes, change Invasion to be more like Horde 2.0 from GoW (fortifications)...hell, even call it "Horde" just for fun and as a marketing mechanism to publicize the relation (EPIC) to GoW, then maybe tweak Onslaught/Warfare again to be the "new" gametype) but focus on blowing people away with the graphics AND the ability of the engine to scale since that's always been one of the selling points for the UE.

oldkawman1
    The next gen consoles won't be out for a while. So why not a PC exclusive? They can always port it at a later date and then release it the same time as the new consoles come out. Pretty standard sales plan to have lots of releases available for the new consoles as soon as they are released.

My concern is that UE4 will require too much PC to run well. What good are cutting edge graphics if you have to wait 5 years after the game is released for hardware good enough to see it with.

My hope is that it will be a UE3 game and it will be UT with the tournament. That way it will play fast with today's hardware and bring in more players. Then the "I'm not buying a new PC just for UT" and "my rig ain't good enough to play UT" excuses won't be used so much. IMO the tournament is the best single player mode to learn the game.

Bl!tz~
    Quote Originally Posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    My concern is that UE4 will require too much PC to run well. What good are cutting edge graphics if you have to wait 5 years after the game is released for hardware good enough to see it with.

My hope is that it will be a UE3 game and it will be UT with the tournament. That way it will play fast with today's hardware and bring in more players. Then the "I'm not buying a new PC just for UT" and "my rig ain't good enough to play UT" excuses won't be used so much. IMO the tournament is the best single player mode to learn the game.
    +1 to that......a fast PC FPS (UTxxxx using UE3 would be the top) and please not a UE4 showcase!